Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2017 Sleevers?

6 hours ago, knowledge_governs said:

Me too! How are you feeling?

I'm still sore at the biggest incision area. How are you feeling?

Hello, I had sleeve surgery on the 7 August in the U.K. and an just entering week 4 of the post op diet. The end of the two week liquid diet I found tough, but things are great now. Best thing I ever did for myself. Wish you all the best with your surgery.

Sometimes, it hurts and sometimes it doesn't. I hear I might get discharged tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day!!!! I am super excited and also a little nervous!!! I only had to do a liquid diet today and it seems to be just fine. I am really ready for this. My wife was sleeved in May so I am super excited to be in the same spot on the journey as her. I worry about the gas pain but I am tough girl and am going to will myself through it!! Lol. I don't know my surgery time yet as the hospital won't call me until around 5:00 to let me know. Wish me luck!!!

Had gastric sleeve on 08/24. Experienced severe nausea and vomiting (even with all the meds given before/during surgery). Had to stay in hospital an extra day but situation was resolved. Doctors and hospital staff were excellent. Now 6 days post-op. A little sore but have not needed pain meds at all. I'm in the full liquid stage. Am able to get most of my Water and Protein in. Energy level is getting better everyday. Even though I can't eat much I'm still trying to figure out when I'm full and remember to sip and not gulp (it hurts).

For those using GENEPRO do you count a serving at 30g of protein?

D Day is tomorrow! Good luck to all those who are taking their venture. Pre Op liquid diet wasn't so bad did it for 5 days and today paid my copay $249 which i was expecting to pay a whole lot more. Now its getting real and time to pack my bags.

sending hugs to all that need them!!!

I'm burping and farting quite a bit. What they say is the gas used in a laproscopic surgery exits through the body by burping and farting.

I had my surgery on Thursday and Im currently down 20lbs from 1 week out till now. My surgery was interesting to say the least. I don't do well coming out of anesthesiology and I told them that from the beginning I am a cheap date that its effects take a while for me to come out of. And that was just the case. The Surgery went well the after was a little bit interesting. First the took my catheter out right after the surgery which if anyone knows someone that has the effects like I do you should keep it in making sure the person can urinate on their own. Well another catheter had to be put in while in the waiting area. Nothing like having 2 nurses digging in your crotch to get a Foley in. It was to the point where I looked at the nurse and said, " welp there goes any chances of my lesbian side ever fully coming out!" to which she stated to crack her up. I was just happy to have al of 950CC's of urine coming out of my body and my blood pressure coming down.

Then comes another fun part.. My Back WAS KILLING me in the bed that they had me in. To the point where i was on the brink of tears. Im like give me the good stuff cus right now this generic crap isnt working. so they finally gave me some good stuff and I was fine.. I was like where the hell did you all get these beds? They were horrible! they finally moved me to my room. where the room was hot, Dry, and annoying because it was right besides the nursing station so every buzzer that went off we heard. my roommate was sweet and nice and funny as all hell... But To be honest I couldn't wait to be out of there.

at one point I caught myself saying Why the F did I do this... Really I could've just kept running and meal planned better and just got back on the right track... and before I even went in I contemplated on running out the door and not even doing the surgery. But now I am here 2 days almost 3 days out and Im healing up just fine and managing. I am a little sore still but that is to be expected but I can get up and about and do a lot of things that I thought I wouldn't be able. too. I slept a lot the first day back and today for the most part Ive been up and about except I did take a nap. now which I am regretting cus I could be sleeping. lol

Still giving this time to all sink in but I am happy at this moment with my decision even with all the issues that surrounded it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

17 hours ago, DarthMaz said:

I had my surgery on Thursday and Im currently down 20lbs from 1 week out till now. My surgery was interesting to say the least. I don't do well coming out of anesthesiology and I told them that from the beginning I am a cheap date that its effects take a while for me to come out of. And that was just the case. The Surgery went well the after was a little bit interesting. First the took my catheter out right after the surgery which if anyone knows someone that has the effects like I do you should keep it in making sure the person can urinate on their own. Well another catheter had to be put in while in the waiting area. Nothing like having 2 nurses digging in your crotch to get a Foley in. It was to the point where I looked at the nurse and said, " welp there goes any chances of my lesbian side ever fully coming out!" to which she stated to crack her up. I was just happy to have al of 950CC's of urine coming out of my body and my blood pressure coming down.

Then comes another fun part.. My Back WAS KILLING me in the bed that they had me in. To the point where i was on the brink of tears. Im like give me the good stuff cus right now this generic crap isnt working. so they finally gave me some good stuff and I was fine.. I was like where the hell did you all get these beds? They were horrible! they finally moved me to my room. where the room was hot, Dry, and annoying because it was right besides the nursing station so every buzzer that went off we heard. my roommate was sweet and nice and funny as all hell... But To be honest I couldn't wait to be out of there.

at one point I caught myself saying Why the F did I do this... Really I could've just kept running and meal planned better and just got back on the right track... and before I even went in I contemplated on running out the door and not even doing the surgery. But now I am here 2 days almost 3 days out and Im healing up just fine and managing. I am a little sore still but that is to be expected but I can get up and about and do a lot of things that I thought I wouldn't be able. too. I slept a lot the first day back and today for the most part Ive been up and about except I did take a nap. now which I am regretting cus I could be sleeping. lol

Still giving this time to all sink in but I am happy at this moment with my decision even with all the issues that surrounded it.

I know the feeling. On Tuesday, when I woke up in the post-op recovery area (for some reason, they called it PACU), I had a hard time remaining awake, probably due to the anaesthesia they gave me. Fortunately, they didn't need to cath me, which I am eternally grateful for because I've done the catheter thing before and I'm not a fan.

That, and the hospital bed was killing my back too. In fact, I notice that I'm experiencing a bit more back pain now than normal, but I think that is due to healing going on around that area. The beds they use are crap and I was so glad to get home where I have a memory foam mattress!

I know for a fact that I couldn't lose weight by diet and exercise alone. I've tried all of those things and failed but I think the problem was my weight reached a point where it wasn't possible to do those things well. I think if I can get my weight down, I can abate the sleep apnea and plantar fasciitis and go deeper into my workouts, which will turbocharge my metabolism.