Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin patches are no good

I went to my pre-op class yesterday and asked about the vitamin patches. The nutritionist said they are garbage, that there is no proof that our skin can absorb the Vitamins. I just wanted you all to save your money

I went to my pre-op class yesterday and asked about the vitamin patches. The nutritionist said they are garbage, that there is no proof that our skin can absorb the Vitamins. I just wanted you all to save your money

Too bad. I had just started considering them as an alternative.

H 5'6" HW 253, CW 245, TBS 9/19

My Dr & NuT have had many patients succeed with them. I'm using them but haven't had levels checked yet.

My surgeon and nutritionist suggested them. There is research proving that it in fact does work. In fact, I have been using them for months and all of my blood tests results are normal.

My surgeon and nutritionist suggested them. There is research proving that it in fact does work. In fact, I have been using them for months and all of my blood tests results are normal.

Same here - my surgeon/program recommended them.

I'm on them and my labs came back just fine. I've been on them for 7 months now. I was just low on my Iron so I had to order the iron patch along with the multi Vitamin and the Vitamin D I take. I'm assuming you're with Kaiser? They are really big on saying no to things that haven't been out and tested for at least 10 years. There was no way I was going to be swallowing all those pills. It was either the Patches or nothing. They saved my life!

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hmm that's interesting! I have my pre-op class next week and vitamin patches are on my list of things to ask about!

My program does not allow vitamin patches. I wish it did! It would be so much easier.

3 minutes ago, Redo2017 said:

My program does not allow vitamin patches. I wish it did! It would be so much easier.

How would they even know? If they're working for the majority of people, seems like you could just make the decision to use them for yourself. It's not cheating like with food. It's Vitamins, just another way of taking them. My nut never said anything about them. I never asked, but I switched because those chewables were making me sick. I'll be getting my blood work done in a couple of weeks. We shall see.

Edited by Newme17

How would they even know? If they're working for the majority of people, seems like you could just make the decision to use them for yourself. It's not cheating like with food. It's Vitamins, just another way of taking them. My nut never said anything about them. I never asked, but I switched because those chewables were making me sick. I'll be getting my blood work done in a couple of weeks. We shall see.

They really don't know unless you tell them. I lied and say I was on Bariatric Advantage which I'm not LOL. Im 100% patches..My labs came back ok. I was just low on Iron. I'm a little disappointed with the iron in the Patches. My levels were super low yet I'm on the iron patch along with the iron that's included in my other patches. I have to re-due my labs in 60 days. So I'm hoping it got better. I can't swallow anymore pills [emoji17]. These patches have helped tremendously!

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, Newme17 said:

Outside of the fact that my program does not recommend the Patches, I do not know if vitamin patches are in fact working for the majority of people. Until I have seen the statistics I am not comfortable deviating from my program's recommendations. Definitely worth researching!