Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 years post op update - 170 lbs lost, size 24/26 to 4/6

Another great inspiration to make me believe, yes I can be just like her!!!!
You look amazing!!!
What is your,secret to not having skin removal? I so fear the skin because I am 57 and,want to lose 120lbs.
Please share !! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks all!! You guys are too kind <3

34 minutes ago, K_aane said:

Another great inspiration to make me believe, yes I can be just like her!!!!
You look amazing!!!
What is your,secret to not having skin removal? I so fear the skin because I am 57 and,want to lose 120lbs.
Please share !! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

As far as skin goes, I have more questions about that than most any other issue. I have many friends who lost 30-50 lbs less than I did, around my same age (28), and were left with folds of excess skin.

It's highly uncommon to be left with so little after a weight loss as large as mine - and I wish I had words of advice for the many people who ask me daily what my "secret" was!

The truth is, your excess skin (or lack thereof) will have more to do with your age, general body composition, skin elasticity, and genetics, than it will have to do with anything you do externally.

I exercise and use regular lotion on my skin every night. That's it. That's all I've "done" to have so little excess skin. I chalk it up to a whoooooole lot of prayer and good skin tone & natural elasticity, honestly!

You look amazing! Couple questions...Did you always drop weight? Have you hit plateaus? Or even went up a little (even with building muscle)?
I feel like the scale has been the devil and its making me pretty depressed. I was dropping like crazy and then hit a brick wall and i dont know what to do! Eat less, eat more to keep up with working out or what? Please help if you can I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

22 minutes ago, Bhca8201 said:

You look amazing! Couple questions...Did you always drop weight? Have you hit plateaus? Or even went up a little (even with building muscle)?
I feel like the scale has been the devil and its making me pretty depressed. I was dropping like crazy and then hit a brick wall and i dont know what to do! Eat less, eat more to keep up with working out or what? Please help if you can I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I had your normal week-2 week long stalls during active weight loss phase - maybe 2 or 3 of them? Those are pretty much standard and expected - your body is trying to catch up with all the massive pounds lost. No super long lasting plateaus, though. I know stalls are discouraging, but I promise - they're just part of the package! Stick to your plan and it will come off :)

I was a long distance runner before I started lifting weights, and was consistently at 150 lbs. Once I began lifting, I started fluctuating between 150-153 lbs. But that occasional 3 lb fluctuation doesn't bother me! My best suggestion to you would be to get active and get away from your scale. It will destroy your mind, if you let it!

Wow! You look amazing! I am having surgery later this year, but I have a similar starting weight, I'm 5'9", and my goal is 165. Seeing your results makes me think I really can get to my goal!

Hi guys!
I get on here every six months or so to update y'all I've never made a topic with progress pictures before, so I thought I would this time, as I've been maintaining below goal for almost a year now.
SW: 323
CW: 153
Size 24/26 to a 4/6
No skin removal
I ran my first half marathon in February and am running another in November, which is pretty cool! When not in race training mode, I run 3-6 miles, three days per week, and do HIIT style training (heavy weights and cardio) at the gym 2-3 other days per week. I tend to fluctuate between 150-153 lbs, depending on the time of month and just general day to day food/water intake.

7487FAD1-54EB-4757-B09A-47D9C5278E6C.thumb.jpg.d38c432f2f6da69b51baecd55afd7886.jpg
177103A4-C1EE-43B6-8CC9-E13A1EAF897B.thumb.jpg.43c147193b56470ecc782351d2d242c4.jpg

Wow you look amazing well done x

Thanks for posting. You look wonderful. I had questions others asked them already and you provided some great answers. I hope to have surgery later this year if my insurance approves. You just gave me confirmation that I can stick with and reach my goals. Thank you

You've done awesome! Great job, I hope you're loving your life and enjoying your hard work. You look great.

Cheri

Thanks for the kind words, all!! [emoji4]
As as far as diet advice, during rapid weight loss I followed my surgeons plan to a T. I just kept losing and losing. I got to 10 lbs below goal (my goal weight was 163 lbs) and started adding back in some complex carbs to stop the weight loss. I've been in the 150-153 lbs range ever since.
FWIW, I still can't eat 4 oz in one sitting. I usually max out at around 6 bites of anything. I still eat high Protein, moderate fat, low carb - usually 50 or less carbs per day - and I count total carbs, not net carbs. During rapid weight loss I stuck to less than 15 per day.
I eat around 1,000 calories a day, sometimes a few extra if it's a long run or heavy workout day. I eat mostly protein and veggies, with an occasional serving of quinoa or a slice of sprouted whole grain toast with PB2 in the morning.
I cook every morning, pack lunches for myself and my husband, and also cook dinner every night. I've learned how to use herbs and spices to flavor my food and I really do enjoy cooking delicious and unique meals - we don't do boring, lol.
Oh, and I still only drink Water, one 6 oz cup of coffee every morning, and dry red or white wine.
All of this is my day to day norm, obviously - but if we have a date night, I'll eat a few bites of my husband's Pasta, or we'll share some cheesecake [emoji4] moderation is the spice of life!

You are truly an inspiration to me I am starting off wearing a size 24/26 and my surgery is the 24th of August. I hope to drop that weight and look good like you lol. How long did it take? I don't want skin removal surgery so any advice on that? You look great you must feel so proud[emoji16]