Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 years post op update - 170 lbs lost, size 24/26 to 4/6

Thanks for sharing your experience! You look so healthy and happy!

Wow you look amazing well done x

What an inspiration. I'm 17 months out also and am trying to stay on track. Have u gained anything back. What do u do on really hungry days. Sometimes I find myself eating more other days.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:59 PM, KatyasMommy said:

You look amazing!!! How long did it take you to shed the 170lb ?

About a year and a half, maybe a little less. Thank you!!

On 8/27/2017 at 7:03 AM, mmal101 said:

What an inspiration. I'm 17 months out also and am trying to stay on track. Have u gained anything back. What do u do on really hungry days. Sometimes I find myself eating more other days.

I haven't experienced any regain. Around "that time of the month" I oscillate about 3 lbs, but it always drops back off once shark week is over. I weigh daily and keep a very close eye on the scale - if I know I've been indulging more than usual, and I see the scale creep up a pound, I'm very careful to clean up my act and get a few extra runs in. It always drops back off within a few days.

The key to not regaining is constant vigilance, and making a healthy lifestyle :)

Congratulations and In so glad I read your post this morning . Because I was wondering is it good or bad for me to be getting on my scale daily I'm post op.lost 116 so far and at 1 year a little sad about the amount but I'm very mindful of my scale and diet. I miss exercises some from various reasons

Sent from my LG-K373 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/16/2017 at 2:25 PM, pljamartin said:

2 week post op , what kind of exercise did you start with and when to build up to where you are now?

Honestly I was freaking exhausted for about 3-4 months after surgery. Everyone reacts to surgery differently and I'd never dealt with anything that major - my body took a while to recover. I still lost almost 80 lbs in the first 4 months, even without major exercise.

Once I started feeling better, I started doing T25 at home - then a couch to 5k plan. I've been running and lifting ever since.

Choose something that works for you!

On 9/17/2017 at 9:40 PM, Sandydee said:

I am wondering what the trick is to avoid having to having excess skin removed

If you scroll back in the comments, I've already answered this question :) it's my most asked question, from everyone, everywhere.

There is a more detailed answer if you thumb back in the comment pages of this post, but the short answer is: there is no "trick." It's about luck, age, good genes, and general skin elasticity, with a bit of exercise thrown in for good measure. Depending on all those things, and your body composition, you'll either have lots of excess skin - or you won't.

Good luck!!

You look great! You look completely different! Wow, I am so amazed to be honest! Great job!