Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

Karey

They never have before, but I am going to request it! I am hoping they can get me in at the end of the week. :girl_hug:

Bran,

Dunno if you have already gone for that fill under fluoro yet or not, but Hurley does NOT use fluoro like Denise's (and most people's) doc does. Nancy only uses fluoro to see the port itself, they do not have you drink while under fluoro and watch the band/flow of Fluid.

I wish they did.

But sadly, they don't...

Well finally some good news for me guys. I got the fill Friday, 1.0 ccs in my 4 cc band. I am doing well with it. It seems that the slip did fix itself. I am not experiencing any pbing or pain. YAY! :tt2:

I feel so much better, maybe it is a mind thing but that is good. I have restriction now. Granted, it isn't much but anything is better than nothing at all.

yay brandy

Yay! Even if it IS a mind thing, the mental side of it is important. I got .2 removed from my 4cc band two months ago because I was unpleasantly tight - not pbing, not in trouble, but not enjoying eating ANYTHING at all and I figured why did I need to be that tight for maintenance.

Since then, I've managed not to gain but its been by the skin of my teeth. Who would have believed .2 could make so much difference? I am like a bottomless pit.

I'm going back to have .1 put back in next Monday. I just dont like the feeling of not being completely in control that I have with this much capacity. I dont expect to lose, I just think it will control my appetite a little better.

A very very very good reminder that yes, I've learned new habits, I eat better, I exercise but I really STILL need that band for Portion Control. Even though I'm still eating less than a normal person of my size would, I'm struggling not to gain. We just have to accept we cant eat like normal people. We're not weak or failing, we just need to live on less calories than most and its no darn wonder we need a band to achieve that.

Isn't that the truth. I struggle not to gain all the time. If it wasn't for the band not letting me pig out, I would gain for sure. Sometimes I really intend to have a feast but my eyes are bigger than my pouch! :)

So glad to hear your back on the horse again Brandy! Having gone through the whole slip/unfill thing myself earlier this year, trust me when I say that you WILL lose this weight again. I know you're a determined and driven woman and you won't let something like a slipped band backtrack you for too long. It won't take long to get it off either. I'm half way to losing the weight I put on. I was miserable and disgusted in myself as I put almost 20 pounds on but on but just had no control over it, I was hungry and could A LOT. The fill will give you that Portion Control that you need. (I know you know all this, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone!!!) *hugs*

BBK, I am glad you have some restriction and are on the band wagon again...

You know, it is interesting that you notice just the difference, because I think until you know what restriction feels like and all, you can detect it sooner...More specifically,

I have been WAITING to get to restriction but since I do not know what it feels like, I keep thinking....am I there? Is this it?

Now, after my fill Friday 8cc's out of 9cc's...I can tell a big difference the past few days.

I remember my first weeks on food after surgery and I "thought" oh, I'm full...but most likely that was ME hoping to feel that way. Banding, being new to me, was a mystery.

Now tonight, I KNOW I ate much less than what I had been pairing down to and I was full! So, I think...am I there? so far, yes...but lets give it a few more days, weeks...etc...It is just starting to sink in that this is NOT a new fad for me...this is my LIFETIME of eating, as long as all goes well. I remember before surgery thinking...How is that possible...now I am living it...

Does any of this make sense? So, you know the early signs that I was too busy trying to feel....

OK...my ramble for the night..Take care you lovely lady...and all you lovely bandsters! Shelley

Great news BBK and Shelly! Restriction makes all the difference in the world. I just wish it would take away my cravings for chocolate ice cream

I agree Ams. I am still eating more than I would like, but maybe it is time to realize I don't need to eat just a half cup anymore. Do I? I think if I just kick these few extra pounds I will feel better. But when am I not gonna feel fat? Ugh....lol...:tt1:

I think we're always going to feel fat...I know I will probably always think I am because I have been big my whole life and I think most of us have too. Our bodies may be shrinking and looking better but I think it takes longer for our mindset to think hey I am actually healthy now not huge. Dunno lol

WYD, better watch it... BBK's DH may get the wrong idea.

I agree Ams. I am still eating more than I would like, but maybe it is time to realize I don't need to eat just a half cup anymore. Do I? I think if I just kick these few extra pounds I will feel better. But when am I not gonna feel fat? Ugh....lol...:wub:

Well, I don't know what it will take to make you not FEEL fat, but you certainly don't look fat. Since I'm a teacher, I'll give you some homework. :lol:

Take a look at your pin-up photos on your myspace! I did, and they are truly insipiational! That is what I will give myself when I hit my goal weight. I already have a couple of photographers in mind. One day when I'm old, I want to be able to look back and say, "Yeah, I was hot in my day!"

I'm glad you've gotten your band all straightened out. You will do well at getting those pounds off. You are a super band-model for all us waiting to be banded. :smile2:

Well, I don't know what it will take to make you not FEEL fat, but you certainly don't look fat. Since I'm a teacher, I'll give you some homework. :smile2:

Take a look at your pin-up photos on your myspace! I did, and they are truly insipiational! That is what I will give myself when I hit my goal weight. I already have a couple of photographers in mind. One day when I'm old, I want to be able to look back and say, "Yeah, I was hot in my day!"

I'm glad you've gotten your band all straightened out. You will do well at getting those pounds off. You are a super band-model for all us waiting to be banded. :thumbup:

Awww, thanks.

I will say there are days I see those pics and I see hot. But these extra pounds from the unfill are making me see me as "once hot" I am sure I will get over it when I drop them, and get back to the super skinny. :)