Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

BBK, so sorry that things have gone so wrong for you. You do deserve a lot better than this doctor is giving you. Get a second opinion for sure. Even if you have to deal with this jerk for financial reasons, you should know what can and should be done.

And I must say, the four new vivid color pictures are just beautiful. I hope you have them blown up and hanging on the wall in your house. They look like Warhol silk screens!

BBK I had a .1 fill about five or six weeks ago now for exactly the same reasons, I wasnt feeling quite as much in control, eating more, hungry sooner. I didnt want to lose any more weight and I havent, but my band is doing its job just that bit better again, which of course means I can do MY part just that bit better.

For what it's worth....

You have done amazingly, incredibly well and you should be PROUD of all you have accomplished. You had the PS for YOU. You worked hard, you earned the right for a change and now you're left with results that don't please you. You are young and you are going to live with those results (God willing) for a VERY long time.

Yes, your PS is a major putz. And yes, it would suck to incur the cost of getting your breasts fixed so they look like they should have looked had the putz done it right the first time. But really, do you honestly want that guy working on you any more? I know it's more money and it stinks to absorb additional costs, but in the long run won't you be much more happy with a surgeon who cares enough to do it right?

I'd seriously consider chalking the money up as a loss and talking with Dr. Schulman or Nurse Amy's doc about doing the needed repairs. It's only money and you are worth the best care you can get.

Best of luck with your tough decision.

BBK: I don't think that you should have anyone touch you that you no longer like or believe in. I would take a lot of pictures and document your interactions with this doctor. I think that he has some malpractice issues even if he did warn you have some complications. Did he expain that he would be practice new techniques on you? Did you give your permission? I would write him a carefully prepared letter and let him know that you are not going to settle for the level of care that he has provided and then I would try and make his insurance pay for a revision with some one else. I know that it is messy and uncomfortable to be confrontative, but he's not listening to you and you're not going to get his attention any other way! You deserve to have both of your breasts to be close to the same size and to look pleasing. This guy is not listening to you because either he doesn't care of he doesn't want to be reminded that he failed at something. Too bad! I hope you'll keep us posted and I wish you the best! As far as the Make Me Heal thing goes, I guess I wouldn't do it, but that is because most people think that if you have WLS you have taken the easy way out. People don't understand how much work it is. Maybe you can help change this view point, but you'll have very little input into how the finished product will be represented. You're probably more comfortable with all this than I am, so of course, if you're not worried about what strangers think, than I would go for it!

Well, I wanted to update you all on Monday at the PS. I am fuming, he is an asshole and arrogant.

He is still unhappy about the breasts (as he should be) and mentioned he WILL be revising them with a few small cuts underneath them. When I asked who pays, he said "we'll talk later'. What the hell does that mean.

As far as the staples that are popping out, the Intern was very concerned. He thought it looked poor and painful. (Yeah he is a smart one). BUT in true Dr Kuzan manor he was not concerned and even started PICKING THEM OUT! Remember they are still underneath my skin, you can see them, but the still have to be cut and pulled....wtf...it hurt like hell and I made him stop. It turns out they are a new product that has been on the market for 6 months! NO JOKE! Turns out a lot of my procedure was new. Too bad not improved.

I didn't even mention to him that I am having a port revision. Frankly I don't think he cares. Asshole.....

BUT I need your opinion ya all. Make me heal wants to interview me for the band. It would include an interview and before, after pics ect. Should I do it?? I am on the fence I think. I am actually having a hard time with being on top here somedays. I don't know how more attention would make me feel. Don't get me wrong I am proud to be on top here, but I don't know anyone there. I feel safe here...lol..

Hi BOO!

I've got a two fold response for you on your question.

"To Whom much is given, much is expected." and I'm sure you are probably realizing that being where you are and having so many come with much attention (deserved) for you.

The Band: Any advocating that comes your way on behalf of obesity/healthy changes/Lap-Band you do the world a favor by sharing your story. *I just spoke to a woman I work in the same department, different worksites who is severely morbidly obese and now on oxygen 24/7. the compassion, the empathy one feels when you've been there is a story that can't be shared by someone who doesn't know. I say Go-Go-Go!!

As for Dr. Kuzan and your experience. Girl, you are much nicer than I would have been. The second he started digging into my skin pulling out experimental staples is the second I would have grabbed a nut and squeezed hard...'how does that feel? You dig, I'll squeeze." Share the pain. What kind of doctor does that? I had staples post two c-sections and both doctors gently removed them after superficially numbing the surface of my skin. I would not promote any place that had a surgeon with poor skills, poor response to your question such as "who pays"...you have every right to get an answer from him be it "Let me work something out and get back with you" something besides a vague, "We'll talk later". Later as in later after I get the bill for 12 G's? Later as in when?

If you feel so compelled to share your complications with Make Me Heal, by all means do so. As best I can tell it's a consumer site for all things Plastics related. You have much to share as we have all witnessed and your experience with plastics can save another consumer from the same experience or guide them atleast into asking the right questions. Either way, telling your story makes those starting the journey, on the journey, become more educated and informed.:rolleyes2:

How are you feeling? You are looking amazing but you were cute heavy so it's natural that you thin down nicely.

I have a "muffin" question. My pubic bone has an excess fat amount. What is the procedure called where they reduce the area and pull it back up? The fat from my PENN has pushed down on my pelvic area for so long the fat has shifted downward causing desensitization. Sex ain't what it use to be, almost as if the area is less sensative. No what I mean anyone?

My stomach is looking so weird. I carried most all of my weight in my stomach so it hung down rubbing against the top of my thighs. I now have a Buddah belly. It's pulling back up again but the sides of my stomach are concave, the skin is loose around the navel and below and my girls, still big at 46DDDD/F, are beginning to lose some elasticity in the skin.

When did you all go in for pre-op evaluations?

Boo Boo if it makes you feel any better, I would have gone with Professor Kuzon as well. His credentials are steller.

BBk,

I think Chickie gave you some very good advice. I am not sure who this person is who wants to interview you. I was the very first person to

say get rid of Apple Lady and put BBK up there. ( I remembered you were

getting photos taken soon) If being interviewed is going to bring on the kind of negative attention that Chickie has gotten, it's a big decision. I know that's not advice, other than really think it over. You are our BBK here, but do you want to invite others into your life?

I probably wouldnt do it.

My DH wants me to be a speaker at my surgeon's info nights, when I went to DH's appointment with him, the surgeon sort of half offered it to me and mentioned that I would be paid. That's all that DH wants to hear, for him to say its a good idea.

I have decided not to though. Unfortunately I feel that having been successful with a band, lost a lot of weight makes me a target for negtative remarks. Especially because I did it by running a lot. People seem to assume that becuase I can run, I'm somehow different to them, that it was easier for me. The think I never had to learn to run, never had to bust my ass to get fit enough to run, that I could just do it and therefore losign weight was easy, I had a surgery I didnt really need and that I should shut the hell up becuase what do I really know about being fat. It happens all the time. I dont want to get up in front of a room full of people who are ten times fatter than I was and pretend that I know what that is like, nor do I want to hear about how I'm somehow special and it was easy so my journey doesnt count.

DH thinks I'm crazy becuause there's a little money involved.

BBK,

I need to keep this short because sitting at the computer for long periods of time is uncomfortable for me right now, but I must say that your Dr.'s attitude is absolutely infuriating. What an arrogant jerk!!! However, I am a U of M alum, and I know the type very well -- one reason why I ran screaming out of Ann Arbor :rolleyes2:!!!

I think Karey had some great suggestions. Unfortunately there probably will be a bit of a confrontation with this knucklehead, but I think Karey's idea about getting his insurance company (or U of M) to pay for your revision surgery with another Dr. is a good one.

At the very least you deserve some sort of an answer now as to when and how this matter will be resolved. The Dr. is handling this whole thing very very badly and you might need to shake him up a bit, as he obviously just doesn't "get it" at this point.

More later, but big hugs and good luck with all of this.

Never forget though Darling, you still look Smoking Hot!!!! :thumbup::tt1::smile2:

Boo Boo if it makes you feel any better, I would have gone with Professor Kuzon as well. His credentials are steller.

I agree. I have called the nurse there and had an honest talk with her. She told me that Dr Kuzan comes across as harsh sometimes. But he sees things differently. She also told me that in most cases the Dr doing the revision does cover the cost.

I am feeling a bit better I think now that the encounter is not so fresh with him.

He made decisions while in surgery that were briefly discussed at the fist meeting with him, but it was never presented as an option. He made the decision in surgery to try it without my consent or anyone in my family. I think because he is the Head of plastic surgery at U of M I feel very intimidated. I do wish now I had gone with the woman there. But hindsight is 20/20 right?

I appreciate everyone's support here. This experience has sure been harder than I thought. But after this morning, I am feeling better. I got into a Guess dress that I never would have worn before the Tummy Tuck adn breast reduction and I can say that I have felt the best I have in 12 years. I cried in the mirror. SO all in all, I think today helped me adjust a bit.

I am still upset and will be seeking 2nd opinions but it is what it is.

As far as the interview, I am debating still. I am leaning towards a no. I am trying to pursue a pin up modeling career, and I think it could harm that. As crazy as that sounds I guess. I don't want to be that person anymore, that is why my before is not up top. I won't give it to Alex. I want to transition into the new me, and I think the interview will hold me back.

I think you're right BBK. After all Chickie has experienced, it sound like there are a lot of wackos out there.

It is such a small world. I have lived in Florida since 1981 but was born in Detroit and grew-up in Livonia. My nephew attends U of M ( GO BLUE ) and of course I have loads of family up there. I remember U of M for the Hash Bash (dating myself).

Boo glad you are feeling better in retrospect ( Yes, 20/20). I searched his CV on the web and, dang, I think that was a fortunate pick for you so close to home. When you live away from Michigan, the one thing you hear about his the quality at U of M. To get a Prof?

Again, DANG! I'm just glad that much of this is behind you, the toughest part is over now you are fine tuning.

Again, thanks for opening up to the rest with your story. It helps.

Thanks Lap! I agree the U of M is top notch, and that is hard for a Spartan to say. (Go Green!) I just think Dr. K took too much "creative license" with me and it didn't work out for either of us. However it is still hard to deal with it.

I won't be doing the interview at this point. Here is one thing, I have no problem. But on another site I am leary.

I don't blame you for being leery, hun. I think that right now it isn't the best time for you to open yourself up like that.

BTW, you look beautiful, love the Warhol-esque montage

Dear BBK- at an academic hospital- it is likely you can get assistance in getting things repaired/switching physicians. Ask to speak to a hospital administrator or if UM has them a patient advocate. Make certain you are documenting everything you have gone through so you can present facts for specific dates- the MD will have everything dictated from his perspective.

Good luck to you!