Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Women only- Post vsg surgery and menstrual pain

I had vsg surgery a year ago April 20th. I am aware in the fluctuation of hormones due to surgery. What kinds of ways has this effected everyone's monthly? I'm experiencing a LOT more pain with cramping. So much so I almost went to the ER last month. I'm also noticing all pms symptoms seem to be a lot more severe. I'm a lot more tired, headaches, breast pain, etc. It's been a rough year lol. And it seems the more weight I lose the worse this all seems to get! Anyone else having similar issues? What has been your experience?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ditto here - although I'm unsure if the pain is truly worse or if it just seems more obnoxious because I can't use Motrin. My cycle also seems to be speeding up which is a fresh new kind of hell. Fingers crossed things settle down. I'm 4 months out and nothing about my body seems "stable" yet.

I rarely ever have cramps, but I had cramps and a heavy flow the first 6 months when the weight was coming off in big chunks. Then my periods got lighter, but I has having a period every 2 weeks with spotting in between for like another year, so it was basically 18 months of a very active uterus. I'm back to normal since my weight loss has slowed down.

2 weeks post op I started mine. Nothing out of the ordinary; it was normal as it's always been. Hopefully it won't get all wacky later.

I've also experienced this! I've also gained about 2 pounds during the week of my period this month so I hope this weight comes off next week. I'm also craving sweet stuff and chips more during my period week. Have you experienced this, or is it just me? Lol

I had vsg surgery a year ago April 20th. I am aware in the fluctuation of hormones due to surgery. What kinds of ways has this effected everyone's monthly? I'm experiencing a LOT more pain with cramping. So much so I almost went to the ER last month. I'm also noticing all pms symptoms seem to be a lot more severe. I'm a lot more tired, headaches, breast pain, etc. It's been a rough year lol. And it seems the more weight I lose the worse this all seems to get! Anyone else having similar issues? What has been your experience?

I have mennorhagia and severe cramping, tender breasts, depression three days before, headaches, lower back pain, and Water retention.

I had an IUD put into me and my body rejected it - BUT what happened after a month on it and then removing it, all menstrual issues abated. This also happened to two other women I know.

I'm at peace now with barely any cramping or tenderness in my breasts. I bleed heavy sometimes and light others.

The IUD and its removal changed my body somehow, it was thee ONLY thing that worked for me.

I have mennorhagia and severe cramping, tender breasts, depression three days before, headaches, lower back pain, and Water retention.

I had an IUD put into me and my body rejected it - BUT what happened after a month on it and then removing it, all menstrual issues abated. This also happened to two other women I know.

I'm at peace now with barely any cramping or tenderness in my breasts. I bleed heavy sometimes and light others.

The IUD and its removal changed my body somehow, it was thee ONLY thing that worked for me.

The idea of an iud seriously freaks me out lol. And of all the women I know with them, more have had complications than not.

I might actually be considering getting pregnant this year so the iud option would be out for me for now [emoji53]

I've also experienced this! I've also gained about 2 pounds during the week of my period this month so I hope this weight comes off next week. I'm also craving sweet stuff and chips more during my period week. Have you experienced this, or is it just me? Lol

Yes to weight gain during and cravings. The really bad period I had last month I lost 10 lbs after it ended! And I had only gained 2 in Water weight during! How weird is that?!