Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 1st RNY don't feel like losing weight

So had my surgery RNY May 1st starting was 221 I have been sticking to what I was told. I been doing very well getting fluids and puréed foods that I got approved to start soft foods early. So, I was able to start soft foods I take it easy I know when to stop. So I don't over eat, I don't drink and eat. But I only weigh 202. Is this normal? I walk 4 miles a day with my dog she actually keeps me going. I created a monster if I don't wake up early enough for her she wakes me up to go walking. Which is great for me Bc she is holding me accountable to keep walking. But should I be doing something different? Or am I doing something wrong? I also do take my Vitamins like I am told to as well.

Advice? Help.

Well you have lost 19 pounds in a month. I actually think that is pretty good. If you are sticking to your plan and reaching your Protein and Fluid amounts you should continue to do well. I am not a veteran, but I don't see where anything you are doing is wrong.

@new

Well people on 600 pound life weight 600 pounds and lose 30 in a month, you were in the 200s and lost 19. That is awesome. Your body is healing from major surgery, let it heal.

Good Dog! You'll never be able to quit walking now.

That's a good weight loss amount in a month! All the months will eventually add up and you'll realize how much you lost. It takes time and patience and remembering to look at the big picture.

[mention=317951]new[/mention]
Well people on 600 pound life weight 600 pounds and lose 30 in a month, you were in the 200s and lost 19. That is awesome. Your body is healing from major surgery, let it heal.
Good Dog! You'll never be able to quit walking now.

I know she keeps me moving! I woke up early this morning before my husband left for work today she is going over to my in laws because I won't be home. However, she saw that I was up so she guessed we were leaving to go for a walk. While I was up I took my Vitamins than later down in bed for a bit so she came in the bedroom and sat in the bed along side me and was waiting for me to get up and take her for her daily walk. Poor thing. Today I will be walking but I have plans to be with friends today my husband and I don't want to leave her alone all day. So, my farther in law will walk her with his 2 dogs. But I definitely find it funny how she was ready and waiting for me to get going. But, her doing that is great for me.

Yeah, I had 150lbs to lose, and my MIL thought I'd be at goal in 3 months. Umm.. 50lbs a month? Almost 2 lbs a day?

You know that show, "Naked and Afraid"? The peeps are outside, in 40 degree weather (Fahrenheit), no food or Water, shivering their butts off, and the women almost never lose more than a pound a day! Dudes lose up to 2lbs a day, but that's because they're dudes.

Average diets get you losing 2lbs a week, so that's 8lbs a month. THAT is what you should compare your surgery journey losses to. If you lose more, great!, Less? Well, it may be slower than average, but even tortoises get there eventually ;)

10lbs a month will lose you 120lbs in a year.

19lbs the first month is about average for RNY women. Don't compare yourself to men, either. They almost always lose significantly faster. (It's because they have more muscle mass that burns calories 24/7).

Congrats! And good luck!

I had vsg on 3/31 and on surgery day was 227 today I am at 202 [emoji20]

Sometimes I feel a little discouraged, but then remember everyone is different and everyones plan is different. My surgeons plan has us on soft foods within 2 day. liquids are only in the hospital, I left the hospital eating greek yogurt, cottage cheese and stuff like that. The one thing I am hoping for is that since weight loss is slower but steady, maybe I wont lose much hair, lol. Just follow your dr's plan and let your tool do it's work. Just think in 6 months if you lose steadily you will be down at least 50 lbs. Dont sweat the stalls either, I had an almost 3 week stall about 9 days after surgery, that was a little torture on the mind, but it also passed. Good Luck on your journey!! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I lost 16 lbs the first month, so you're fine. It seems most people lose in the 15-25 lb range that first month, so you're exactly where you should be. You'll see people here and there who drop 30 lbs the first month, but that's the exception. You are fine and perfectly normal.

OP, I had the RNY I lost about 16lbs the 1st month; I'm almost at month 2 and I have lost about 23 lbs all in all. My surgeon thinks I'm right on track. I started at 206 5'4". I had to replace all my clothes. I started boxing and kickboxing at week 5 and feel great! The scale is disappointing but I look at all my NSVs! Clothes are loose; my skin has a chance to catch up with my weight loss; my co-workers don't realize I had the surgery at all; I've had to move my watch wristband 3 notches tighter; and my husband can't keep his hands off of me! Chin up! We will reach goal!

19 hours ago, new said:

I know she keeps me moving!

I didn't have a dog pre-op, I adopted my dog less than a month out from surgery. I knew a dog would force me to walk and not let up.

It has worked perfectly. At a minimum every day my base line exercise is at least walking a couple miles with the dog. Rain or shine, hot or cold. We walk. He demands it.

Lol. We got a dog for this very reason. A shepherd/lab mix. Immediately she developed bursitis, and couldn't walk outside. Took a year for her to get better, and although she can now go for walks, she doesn't demand it, and never learned leash manners, so is a pain to walk.

Sigh. Just another useless kid running around, causing $1000's of damage.