Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2017 sleevers how's it going?

To my fellow April sleevers where are you at now in your journey?

I was sleeved 4/19 at 263. I had my six week check up 5/30 and weighed in at 241. I'm gonna weigh again this Tuesday hoping to hit 235 by then.

Everything's going well for me. I don't have any gerd or problems with bowel movements. I also started working out 2 weeks ago.

So how's everything with everyone else?

I was sleeved on 4/6 and weighed 233. I weighed myself this morning and was 203. My weight loss this second month has definitely slowed down, but I am happy with where it is going. I have not exercised as much as I should have because the day after my surgery I found out my mom has pancreatic cancer so she has with me for three of the weeks since surgery. I've taken her to the mayo clinic for doctor appointments and also have been at her house cleaning and cooking. I have not taken care of myself as much as I should have, but she is most important to me right now. Anyway, I have mostly felt good but have not had a lot of energy and have been pretty tired. I can't eat much and never feel hungry so I am hoping that once I get into the routine of faithfully exercising, that the pounds will start coming off a little easier again. Best of luck to you!

I was sleeved on 4/26 and just had my 4-6 week check-up yesterday. I was cleared for exercise and got the next part of my diet. Things are going pretty well! For about two weeks in the middle I had a nasty pain near one of my incisions then *poof* it just disappeared one night. I still don't have a BM more frequently than once a week, but now that I can work in more fruits and veggies I'm hoping that will improve :) Overall, things are lookin good.

To the poster above, best of luck to you and your mom.

I was sleeved on 4/24 and have been on the soft foods diet for a week now. I walk everyday but really need to get to the gym and do some weights.
HW-229
SW-216
Current-184

I had MGB surgery on 4/10 and I've lost 25 lbs so far; pretty happy with my progress. I'm not having a lot hunger so I have to remind myself to eat. Tracking all my food with MyFitnessPal keeps me focused. No complications and ready to raise my exercise intensity. Congrats to us all!

Had mine on 4/17 doing good and feeling great!! I ride bicycle 30 min and do weights at gym and started on elliptical but can't do much of it lol.. I have a water bottle to help me get my 64 oz Water in and getting my Protein in first.. I'm in a weight stall right now that sucks but hoping to get back to losing soon... pre surgery wt 270.. surgery wt 263.. now 240

I had my surgery on 24th April. Am doing great, no regrets, and so far ( touch wood) no problems. Have lost around 23lbs so far. Don't know if this is above or below average, but I'm happy. Have only started exercising a couple of days ago, so watch this space. I manage to get all my Protein from food, but that does mean my fats/sugar contents are a little too high, but I'm working on it. Best thing: loving myself again, having spent years hating myself. Worst thing: cannot find anything I like to drink as cannot abide artificial sweeteners, so I struggle to get enough liquids in, it's a running battle ! Love fresh juice, love milk, but both are a no no in large amounts. I used to drink 2-3 litres of sparkling Water a day, but just don't really like still water. Any advice welcome.

12 hours ago, susiesue said:

I had my surgery on 24th April. Am doing great, no regrets, and so far ( touch wood) no problems. Have lost around 23lbs so far. Don't know if this is above or below average, but I'm happy. Have only started exercising a couple of days ago, so watch this space. I manage to get all my Protein from food, but that does mean my fats/sugar contents are a little too high, but I'm working on it. Best thing: loving myself again, having spent years hating myself. Worst thing: cannot find anything I like to drink as cannot abide artificial sweeteners, so I struggle to get enough liquids in, it's a running battle ! Love fresh juice, love milk, but both are a no no in large amounts. I used to drink 2-3 litres of sparkling Water a day, but just don't really like still Water. Any advice welcome.

Have you tried doing fruit infusions in your water? I put in peaches, pineapple, watermelon, strawberry, lemon, and oranges. I also do mixes with 1/2 a Crystal Light. For example, I have a 32 oz bottle I fill with water mixed with lime juice, then add a single packet of Crystal Light sugar-free lemonade. It tastes almost like a flat Sprite.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, darnlochnessmonster said:

To the poster above, best of luck to you and your mom

Thank you:)

Have you tried doing fruit infusions in your Water? I put in peaches, pineapple, watermelon, strawberry, lemon, and oranges. I also do mixes with 1/2 a Crystal Light. For example, I have a 32 oz bottle I fill with water mixed with lime juice, then add a single packet of Crystal Light sugar-free lemonade. It tastes almost like a flat Sprite.

Hi, that sounds lovely, I'll try the infused water. The Crystal light sounds interesting, is that available in U.K. ?

4/5 here and down 36 lbs since surgery and almost 45 overall. I'm cleared to eat everything but grains. I'm also cleared to exercise as much as I want. Now that I'm much lighter, I can run a little and do some HIIT workouts. I'm increasing my strength training.

I don't tolerate eggs very well which is fine because I never really liked them anyways. Water can be a challenge. I should be over 64 ounces since I live in the hot AZ desert but I struggle to remember.

The first month was really tough for me and I had buyers regret for a while. I missed food, I missed crunchy things and I missed the family celebrations that came with food. Now, I don't really think about food in the same way. While I spend a lot of time planning food out, it's not with the same obsession as before. Most of the cravings are gone. Potato chips are my one hold out. I don't allow them in the house because I will seek them out.

Sleeved April 4th. Down 58 lbs. Feeling good. Exercising some... in a stall right now. [emoji853]

I had my surgery on 24th April. Am doing great, no regrets, and so far ( touch wood) no problems. Have lost around 23lbs so far. Don't know if this is above or below average, but I'm happy. Have only started exercising a couple of days ago, so watch this space. I manage to get all my Protein from food, but that does mean my fats/sugar contents are a little too high, but I'm working on it. Best thing: loving myself again, having spent years hating myself. Worst thing: cannot find anything I like to drink as cannot abide artificial sweeteners, so I struggle to get enough liquids in, it's a running battle ! Love fresh juice, love milk, but both are a no no in large amounts. I used to drink 2-3 litres of sparkling Water a day, but just don't really like still water. Any advice welcome.

Try unsweetened the tea for your fluids.[emoji851]

I was sleeved 4/19. I'm feeling great and have lost 42 lbs. I'm in another stall- first was at 3 weeks. Now I've been at the same weight for 10 days. I wish I could just throw the scale away, but I'm addicted to getting on it! [emoji6] I can see a difference in my face and chest, but thighs and waist are holding tight to the pounds! I did start back to Zumba last week, so hopefully that will help!

I had VSG 4/17/17 & have lost 44 lbs to date.

HW 278, SW 263, CW 234

I hit a stall from weeks 4-6 and could not get below 240. Finally dropped 6 lbs last week. WHAAAAT! That really encouraged me and made me realize that I will plateau but will need to be a bit more patient and look at how far I have come in a relatively short time.

I walk 2-3 miles daily after dinner. Tracking my food in My Fitness Pal and doing Workweek Fitbit challenges keeps me accountable & helps to motivate me. Add me as your Fitbit pal & we can motivate each other.

I just tried Zumba & love it! Even though I feel awkward and haven't quite got any of the moves down, I am having fun while exercising & looking forward to going twice a week in July. Yes, I am the one who is still going left while everyone is going to the right.

Keep the faith and keep up the good work everyone!
Remember, if you only lose 2lbs a week, that is 100 lbs in a year!
I am sure it took so much longer to gain and the scale does not always tell a true tale. Work hard, stay the course and your efforts will soon be rewarded!