Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Negative Comments! Did anyone cheat during Pre op

Another tough love versus you're-being-a-condescending-a*****e thread. Nice!

Another tough love versus you're-being-a-condescending-a*****e thread. Nice!

These threads always make me laugh. In this case I love OP's assumption that she can dictate everyone's behavior on a public forum. I suppose that puts me more on the a*****e end of the spectrum but oh well.

I cheated on my pre op diet by choosing different forms of Protein. Mine wasn't all liquid but allowed yogurt and SF pudding and popsicles. I don't like those things so once a day I had some chicken breast until about 3 days before surgery. I still followed the rest of the diet though. Homemade beef broth from a slow cooked beef roast saved me. It tasted good and was satisfying. I froze some for post op liquids.
As long as you can put yourself back on track, don't beat yourself up. No one is perfect, though some people on here like to think they are.

Sent from my VS995 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, Misha42000 said:

Please be honest and no negative comments.

DID anyone cheat during their pre op liquid diet ?

No, I did not cheat on my pre-op liquid diet.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, Misha42000 said:

Please be honest and no negative comments.

DID anyone cheat during their pre op liquid diet ?

No, I did not cheat on my pre-op liquid diet.

No, I didn't.

Thats held me in good stead.

Each to their own 😊

9 hours ago, jiminy_cricket said:

Hi everyone,
I'm from Philadelphia and my Doctor put me on a 2 week 1,000 diet instead of a liquid diet. I was so confused when he told me this because everyone else does the liquid diet.< br />

It's not liquid that makes the liver shrink, so don't worry about that.

Hi Misha42000

As a six-year post-op who has remained consistently active with in-person support groups as well as on-line forums, my most important lesson has been to merely listen to (or read) others' words/responses. Period. REACTING zaps my precious energy that I choose to use for ME!

I also choose to believe that most post-ops genuinely try to share their experiences with pre-ops and new-ops to offer HELP, NOT to criticize, as I believe was the case here. I'm so sorry you feel you want to delete your post. I know BariatricPal has been a huge help to me for many years.

For me, it seems like yesterday when I had my surgery and it all seemed so overwhelming at first. Today, though, my life is so different, so free from junk food obsession. So free from using the word "cheating." No feeling of "guilt" associated with food. That is my wish for you, to not have to think of any food that way after surgery. It was hard work to permanently change eating habits in that first year post-op, but the feeling of power and control over my food now, I would not change for anything.

The pre-surgery liquid diet your surgeon has you on is HARD. As with all of the WLS journey for life, we will never achieve perfection. Striving for an A- or even a B+ or will work just fine! Good luck. There is so much good on your horizon...

LivingFree, I agree with everything you are saying, and as a new person here, I agree as well. I think it was just her form of delivery. Tough love is good sometimes, but coming from a complete stranger I personally thought it to be a little mean spirited. Just my 2 cents. For whatever it's worth. But let's just all move on, we need you guys!

My diet allows Greek Yogurt (the 80 calorie ones with fruit, thank God), Protein Shakes, broths, and my nutritionist says that if I don't tell the doctor I can have a chicken breast if it gets too difficult. I misinterpreted her (or I chose to hear what I wanted) so during the first week I had a chicken breast nearly every day, but after talking to her and clarifying that it can't be every day, now it's every other day or less. I hope that isn't enough to mess up my surgery, but I don't think so.

Because my plan seems reasonably lenient I haven't really been tempted to cheat other than the chicken breast, but that might be also because I'm eating SO MUCH Soup I have it coming out of my ears... The first day was the worst as I was at work and was extremely light headed- I probably should not have driven home because I don't really remember how I got there. But after that it's gotten better.

And I've lost 10 ponds in 10 days! A week until surgery and I can see the "finish line" (although I know in reality this is just the beginning of my long journey to a new me).

I'm proud of me! And, anyone who is struggling, I feel you, I really do. Try to focus on what you've accomplished with gratitude and don't give in to the guilt that we all put on ourselves for being obese. This is part of the issue- between the ears- that we will need to work on once this new tool becomes part of our lives.

Good luck and good thoughts!

On 6/3/2017 at 8:38 PM, AmandaWho said:

I was supposed to be in liquids only. Clear, sodium free liquids. I definitely had a pickle every day after the first 5 days of my 2 week diet and the dr said my liver was tiny. But I needed to chew something because I was gonna lose it. It was a pickle or something worse so I opted for he pickle.

Lol thanks, and I choose string cheese but I'm back on. My surgery is 6/12 can't wait :)

13 hours ago, gwbicster said:

My diet allows Greek Yogurt (the 80 calorie ones with fruit, thank God), Protein Shakes, broths, and my nutritionist says that if I don't tell the doctor I can have a chicken breast if it gets too difficult. I misinterpreted her (or I chose to hear what I wanted) so during the first week I had a chicken breast nearly every day, but after talking to her and clarifying that it can't be every day, now it's every other day or less. I hope that isn't enough to mess up my surgery, but I don't think so.

Because my plan seems reasonably lenient I haven't really been tempted to cheat other than the chicken breast, but that might be also because I'm eating SO MUCH Soup I have it coming out of my ears... The first day was the worst as I was at work and was extremely light headed- I probably should not have driven home because I don't really remember how I got there. But after that it's gotten better.

And I've lost 10 ponds in 10 days! A week until surgery and I can see the "finish line" (although I know in reality this is just the beginning of my long journey to a new me).

I'm proud of me! And, anyone who is struggling, I feel you, I really do. Try to focus on what you've accomplished with gratitude and don't give in to the guilt that we all put on ourselves for being obese. This is part of the issue- between the ears- that we will need to work on once this new tool becomes part of our lives.

Good luck and good thoughts!

Thank you for sharing. I struggled but I'm back on track and surgery is in a week so I'm super excited!!!!!

13 hours ago, shelleee7399 said:

LivingFree, I agree with everything you are saying, and as a new person here, I agree as well. I think it was just her form of delivery. Tough love is good sometimes, but coming from a complete stranger I personally thought it to be a little mean spirited. Just my 2 cents. For whatever it's worth. But let's just all move on, we need you guys!

Thanks Shellee7399 I luv u Chica :)

I kinda cheated because I got approved so fast that I didn't have a two week pre-op diet so I made sure I had my last meal because I put myself in a position where I would be ok...and I don't regret it and don't care if someone says different because everyone body is different.