Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Negative Comments! Did anyone cheat during Pre op

I would be more concerned about what the "cheating" means to your commitment to doing what you need to do. And post-op, following the doctor's orders regarding food and drink is more than just about losing weight -- it is about life and death.

I never did a liquid diet the night before I had [emoji487] an some [emoji506] sticks because I new that I can never have pizza again

Who says that?

Please be honest and no negative comments.
DID anyone cheat during their pre op liquid diet ?

What is it you are really asking here? Because you know the answer to the question you asked is yes, of course someone has cheated on their pre op diet.

Are you asking for a show of hands for solidarity? Are you asking what the ramifications were for those who did? Are you asking for people who did and still succeeded to share so you can feel confident in case you do the same? Did you go off the wagon and scare yourself and want reassurance?

There's a lot behind this question and I'm not asking for an answer but you might want to do some self reflection.

1 hour ago, jess9395 said:

What is it you are really asking here? Because you know the answer to the question you asked is yes, of course someone has cheated on their pre op diet.

Are you asking for a show of hands for solidarity? Are you asking what the ramifications were for those who did? Are you asking for people who did and still succeeded to share so you can feel confident in case you do the same? Did you go off the wagon and scare yourself and want reassurance?

There's a lot behind this question and I'm not asking for an answer but you might want to do some self reflection.

First of all it was a question??????????? I think ur confused because I was straight to the point. Just in case you didn't know, "Never ask a question with a QUESTION!!!!!!!!!! Psycho.....

Edited by Misha42000

20 hours ago, chynadoll619 said:

Awww girl you didn't go have pizza are ice cream.. I totally feel you thou my surgery is 6/14 and this diet is getting to me. I'll take string cheese before a burger I don't think that would do to much damage good luck

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Lol no I didn't but I had a moment of weakness....... I'm back on track though

Jess I think she was asking a general question, but had to preface it with "No negative comments please" because there was bound to be someone (in this case, you), that would have a sideways comment. People like you make it hard for beginners to post anything. Get The F over yourself.

She wasn't asking a question with a question she was simply stating that there is a lot more to your question that maybe you might want to rethink, I mean why go through all this if we can't maintain and control our diets. Maybe you should get some help from some of the many support groups. She had some good points and you shouldn't take people's advise so critically we are just trying to help each other out on this website we have enough people putting us down because we're overweight, let alone we hit on each other.

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

She wasn't asking a question with a question she was simply stating that there is a lot more to your question that maybe you might want to rethink, I mean why go through all this if we can't maintain and control our diets. Maybe you should get some help from some of the many support groups. She had some good points and you shouldn't take people's advise so critically we are just trying to help each other out on this website we have enough people putting us down because we're overweight, let alone we hit on each other.

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

I personally think it was a little condescending. There is a way to be helpful and supportive without smart azz undertones. We're all in the same boat, and are taking a big step to improve and change our lives. No matter where you are in this journey, don't ever feel like you're at a comfort level to come at someone. This is about support.

I found the pre op diet much harder than post op (for obvious reasons). That said, cheating obviously happens, but it really sets up a bad precedence. If you cheated then it's already done but I would not do it again. You're only hurting yourself.

1 minute ago, Joann454 said:

I found the pre op diet much harder than post op (for obvious reasons). That said, cheating obviously happens, but it really sets up a bad precedence. If you cheated then it's already done but I would not do it again. You're only hurting yourself.

Thank you and I am back on track

Thank u Joann I appreciate it. I made a mistake of being honest and wish I could delete this post. Thank you for ur kind words

Good for you! Moving on to your new healthy life!

I appreciate it Joann thank you

I was supposed to be in liquids only. Clear, sodium free liquids. I definitely had a pickle every day after the first 5 days of my 2 week diet and the dr said my liver was tiny. But I needed to chew something because I was gonna lose it. It was a pickle or something worse so I opted for he pickle.