Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I convert from my Lap Band, to the Gastric Sleeve? My band has slipped and not restricting!

ReviseMe that is soooo exciting! Your surgery is coming up soon [emoji4] Thank you!! I wish you much success too!!

Thank you, I can't wait. I'm still in shock that approval was so easy.

Had the revision back in Sept 2016, after years of issues with my band, took some time for approval but once approved had. Now down to 158. Been at 158 for about3 months, but very happy with my weight loss. Dr told me would not lose as fast as sleeves that never had band, but she's very happy with my loss. Personally want to lose another 20. Best decision I ever made. Hopefully you had your bye now or at least its scheduled good luck

Hi All,

I'm not sure how this website works. I'd like to reply to Kathyatcare and Mimi52 individually, but just can't figure out how to do it! I can "like" or "unlike" but don't see how to respond individually. So I no doubt will be doing this incorrectly, so my apologies to all.

Kathy, where did you have your sleeve done? Were you a revision? I think 2 lbs. a week is amazing weight loss! Keep up the great work!!

And for Mimi52, where did you have your revision done? How does having a gastric sleeve "feel" compared to the band, would you say? Do you feel a difference in the restriction?

I am also 5'2", and right now weight 150, but have gained over 20 lbs. since having all the Fluid taken out of my band. I'm up over 2 clothes sizes and feeling VERY large! Since 5'2" is so short, even 20 lbs. looks like a lot! I am a flight attendant, so I'm in the public eye, and don't like looking "plump" too much. Right now, I'm spilling out of my current size of flight attendant uniform and don't want to buy the next size up.

I went for my revision surgery last Tuesday in Tijuana, Mexico. The doctor could only take off my band. He was unable to do a revision. My stomach was in too much of a mess! He showed me pictures. The doctor wants me to wait 6 MONTHS!!! before I have the sleeve now. So back home I am, and waiting until the end of January for my surgery. I will do my best to lose weight before the surgery in January. Not sure how having no band will go though, so I'm a little scared about it all.

Thank you for your insight and input, you are doing great, so keep up the good work!!