Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted to update- i weighed myself today out of curiosity. I haven't in months. I have actually lost a few pounds since I really committed to Intuitive Eating full force and since the last time I weighed myself. I weigh exactly what I wish to weigh.

So there ya go! Do what you will but there is a life beyond dieting forever. I am the proof.

Me today. Today I ate a breakfast sandwich, a bite of chocolate croissant, some icee of my kids, a goat cheese chicken salad, a glass of wine, a cheeseburger, 2 Mai thais, and an egg sandwich and a cookie.

IMG_8644.JPG

7 hours ago, bellabloom said:

Wanted to update- i weighed myself today out of curiosity. I haven't in months. I have actually lost a few pounds since I really committed to Intuitive Eating full force and since the last time I weighed myself. I weigh exactly what I wish to weigh.

So there ya go! Do what you will but there is a life beyond dieting forever. I am the proof.

Me today. Today I ate a Breakfast sandwich, a bite of chocolate croissant, some icee of my kids, a goat cheese chicken salad, a glass of wine, a cheeseburger, 2 Mai thais, and an egg sandwich and a cookie.

IMG_8644.JPG

I love your message (even tho the haters gonna hate) and I am so glad it's working for you! I would love to get to that place! I do feel like the sleeve suits this kind of plan because it limits how much you can eat but not what you can eat. And I would love to be able to have a drink now and then!! Thanks for this topic! And congrats. You look so healthy and happy.

Update- still doing great. Intuitive eating, happy, healthy. Have not regained weight.

Intuitive eating? I believe more in educated eating. Most of sleeved people got obese in first place because we eat what we felt like or what our intuition told us what to eat. We need to re educate ourselves. I'm almost at my goal weight. I drink when I have a social event. I have a cheat meal once a week but everyday, as rule, I drink all my fluids and always prioritize Proteins, then veggies. I love what I eat. I don't think anymore about bread, Pasta, chocolates... I might eat a sweet sometimes but I don't crave them anymore. I re learned my body about how to eat. Good for you if you eat junkfood n you don't regain weight... personally, it doesn't appeal to me. Im not envious. I love to eat healthy. I don't count calories, I just eat quality food and my body cherishes it!

Update- still doing great. Intuitive eating, happy, healthy. Have not regained weight.

I really hope to get to where you are. I remember reading this book some time back and it resonated with me. I also remember the freedom I felt when I practiced it. Pity it didn't work for me but I still yearn for that "I am free" feeling so once I'm where I want to be I definitely plan on revisiting intuitive eating.

H 5'6" HW 253, CW 245, TBS 9/19

Intuitive eating? I believe more in educated eating. Most of sleeved people got obese in first place because we eat what we felt like or what our intuition told us what to eat. We need to re educate ourselves. I'm almost at my goal weight. I drink when I have a social event. I have a cheat meal once a week but everyday, as rule, I drink all my fluids and always prioritize Proteins, then veggies. I love what I eat. I don't think anymore about bread, Pasta, chocolates... I might eat a sweet sometimes but I don't crave them anymore. I re learned my body about how to eat. Good for you if you eat junkfood n you don't regain weight... personally, it doesn't appeal to me. Im not envious. I love to eat healthy. I don't count calories, I just eat quality food and my body cherishes it!

I never said I eat "junk food."

I eat a lot of healthy quality food. My definition of what that is and your definition probably differ.

For those that are wondering my usual diet right now is as follows:

Breakfast:
Skip it or maybe some eggs

Lunch:
Thai food
Or
Sandwich with avocado and lots of cheese
Or
Sushi ...
I eat out a lot for lunch

Snack:
Beef Jerky or maybe a nibble of chocolate

Dinner:
Salad with cheese
Wine
Little bit of meat
Veggies

Late night snack:
Usually another dinner- big sandwich
Or
Tamale
Or quesadilla

That's basically what I eat. I never over eat. I never binge. I don't have to have cheat days. Intuitive eating basically helps me not really care about food and I am not hungry that much... I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I am full. I naturally gravitate to healthy fresh foods because processed food makes me feel crappy. I eat food that makes me feel good- not food I am supposed to like according to some diet.

I listen to my body.

I have not gained weight doing this and I have great energy and feel amazing. Best choice I ever made for myself.

The best part! I don't CARE if I gain some weight back because I am actually happy and it isn't what matters most to me anymore. Lots of body types are beautiful. I'm fine with letting my body decide what is a healthy weight for me.

IMG_0051.JPG
A couple days ago.
IMG_9985.JPG
I would be fine with putting some weight on. Doesn't seem to be happening though. Anyway f**k it!! Who cares what I weigh. I'm eating all the foods and living a great life.

On 6/14/2017 at 1:36 AM, bellabloom said:

Me today. Today I ate a Breakfast sandwich, a bite of chocolate croissant, some icee of my kids, a goat cheese chicken salad, a glass of wine, a cheeseburger, 2 Mai thais, and an egg sandwich and a cookie.

I would consider a lot of what you have listed here as junk food or processed foods. There is a lot of bread and sugar.

These types of food are not healthy by my definition of healthy foods and they would not help me with any of my goals.

if you can eat that much bread and be fine well that is just great. I am happy that you are happy and have found a lifestyle that works for you.

I would consider a lot of what you have listed here as junk food or processed foods. There is a lot of bread and sugar.
These types of food are not healthy by my definition of healthy foods and they would not help me with any of my goals.

If it's so terrible why aren't I gaining weight?
Carbs are both healthy and delicious. Bread is a huge part of my diet and I am thin as a rail. Sugar is not something I worry about any longer. I eat what makes me feel good.
I do not consider the large majority of food to be junk food. If I eat a lot of sugary food I will feel ill and maybe dump too so I don't but I do not consider bread or carbs to be junk food.
I could never spend my whole life on a diet.
There is more to life.

Anyway no one is forcing you to live my way. Do whatever you want. I'm just presenting another option for those people here who want to try something different and I am the proof that it does work.

And most of all, what I am saying, is that WEIGHT is not a measure of worth. And being thin will never mean being happy if one must constantly diet to get there.

I really hope to get to where you are. I remember reading this book some time back and it resonated with me. I also remember the freedom I felt when I practiced it. Pity it didn't work for me but I still yearn for that "I am free" feeling so once I'm where I want to be I definitely plan on revisiting intuitive eating.

H 5'6" HW 253, CW 245, TBS 9/19

What does it mean for something to "work" for you? You felt free. You felt happy. But you still felt you had to change because of your weight.

It's so unfair we live in a society that in-spite of someone being happy they still feel they are wrong for having body fat.

I fully encourage you to find this freedom again one day when you are ready.

Many of us have medical reasons for wanting to shed the fat. It is unhealthy to be obese. Also many obese people have type 2 diabetes or pre diabetes and the carbs in bread and sugar would not be healthy for them.

I congradulate you for finding the plan that works for you. I know I can chose to eat the way that works better for me and I am. I just don't want anyone newly post op to think they can just throw caution to the wind and eat like this. I would gain weight if I ate those types of foods.

Good for you honey! You look terrific! If it works for you then how can anyone criticize? I hope to get to this point at the end of my journey.

In my opinion there are some on here who take things a little too seriously. Losing weight can become just as much of an obsession and addiction as the process of gaining it!

I will never, ever stop enjoying food- it's one of the greatest pleasures in life! I do hope to learn how to moderate my addiction to it and my propensity to be extreme. To make healthy choices, and to enjoy making those healthy choices! Already, since my surgery, I am witnessing my tastes change (for the better, and to the healthier side!)

For now, my portions are tiny, and I'm learning how to change my mindset to enjoy what little food I can eat. As my portions increase (slightly) I hope I will learn to appreciate that, without getting out of control. I don't want to feel that I have put myself in jail with the choice I have made to have this surgery. Life goes on, and life is still good!

3 hours ago, gwbicster said:

Good for you honey! You look terrific! If it works for you then how can anyone criticize? I hope to get to this point at the end of my journey.

In my opinion there are some on here who take things a little too seriously. Losing weight can become just as much of an obsession and addiction as the process of gaining it!

I will never, ever stop enjoying food- it's one of the greatest pleasures in life! I do hope to learn how to moderate my addiction to it and my propensity to be extreme. To make healthy choices, and to enjoy making those healthy choices! Already, since my surgery, I am witnessing my tastes change (for the better, and to the healthier side!)

For now, my portions are tiny, and I'm learning how to change my mindset to enjoy what little food I can eat. As my portions increase (slightly) I hope I will learn to appreciate that, without getting out of control. I don't want to feel that I have put myself in jail with the choice I have made to have this surgery. Life goes on, and life is still good!

Check out this video on YouTube.

Lifelong Success After Bariatric surgery - How to prevent gaining weight after bariatric surgery

Dr. Matthew Weiner 36,192 views

He outlines what the most successful people have done and what we all should be doing.

Hahahaha. Wow.
Okay. I didn't think this post would get so many opinions and emotions going!!
The Outsidematchinside poster- for some reason she thinks I lie about things on here!? Hahaa okay. Not sure how that would benefit me. She has taken me as some kind of enemy? I don't get it. But whatever. All my old posts are here. Read them if you want. I've told my story multiple times. Sigh.
I went through a really really hard time the year after my surgery both physically and mentally. Doesn't make me a liar!!
I had bypass. I had complications. I had it reversed to a sleeve. I had a stricture. I relapsed into anorexia. I went to treatment. I learned about Intuitive Eating as a way to both lose and maintain weight. I'm living that way now and it's completely wonderful. The end.
Anyway.
It's up to you guys what you ultimately want to do with your eating post surgery. I'm not trying to convince you but I am offering a viable alternative to dieting forever. Who wouldn't at least give that a chance?
Dieting was actually how I gained most of my 120lbs of excess weight. I would diet, then binge, then feel guilty, diet, repeat. Every time I "fell off the wagon" I gained weight.
3 years After my bariatric surgery I can eat A LOT. I started to repeat that same pattern and I started to panic and gained a little weight. I knew I would diet myself obese again!! I wasn't about to let that happen.
That's when I really committed to Intuitive Eating as an alternative. It works for me because: my body isn't deprived, my mind isn't deprived, my metabolism is super fast because it has fuel, and I NEVER binge or even overeat. I don't need to. I'm really well fed all the time. I eat when I am hungry. I stop when I'm full. Of course, I had to change my ideas about what portions looked like to. I don't overeat but my past diet self would have thought so. I eat approx 2000-3000 calories a day. Sometimes more but not usually less. I don't count but once in awhile I tally up out of curiosity. Eating that much is NORMAL.
If your going to discount what I'm saying but you don't know anything about Intuitive Eating-- well how do you know I'm not right?
I'm not anti bariatric surgery!! Bariatric surgery is an awesome tool to get large amounts of weight off quickly. I do not regret my surgery even with the complications I had. Bariatric surgery changes and saves lives!
I'm not here to argue with you all or debate. Intuitive eating works to stabilize ones weight at ones healthiest set point. It doesn't not cause all out gorging. In fact, the opposite is true. I often pass up foods or don't finish things I would have gorged on before. Because I'm allowed to have anything I want, the urge to overeat goes away.
But let's take it a step further than what I eat or what I weigh. Let me tell you the best part.
I DONT CARE ANYMORE. I'm finally living my life. If my body wants to gain weight- fine!! I stopped believing that my weight equated to my value. I stopped worrying about 5 f**king pounds. Or ten pounds. Who cares??
Being overweight is f**king sexy okay. It's fine. It's not a criminal act. I decided to love myself enough to let go of trying to be more acceptable to other people.
My weight has stayed exactly the same for a year now as far as I know. My clothes all still fits. Once in awhile I will take my measurements- they are the same as a year ago. Sometimes I seem to get thinner and sometimes a little bigger but I just know that's normal now.
I can't explain to you in words how amazing my life is now. It's changed everything for me. There was no way I could go on with my life continually watching my food intake and making sure I stayed at my goal weight by dieting behavior. I wasn't able to be truly happy. I had to change my behavior and I had to start loving myself regardless of my weight. I had to stop the obsession with food and weight and the guilt!!
You're all gonna do what you want to do. I'm offering a hand out to those who might want a different way. I'm just here to help.
I don't check every day but I will reply to messages if you want to talk.
I've included some more pictures so you can see I'm not a lying POS. bahahaaa. [emoji849]
Also I have an Instagram devoted to Intuitive eating. You can go to it and follow if you want to!
I'm in a few support groups for Intuitive Eating on Facebook as well and there are many members with past bariatric surgeries there.
Instagram:
@afeastonyourlife
Before surgery
IMG_0310.thumb.JPG.26c981ecd402f7cb5f6617411b8b8f5a.JPG
At my lowest weight. [emoji20] yuck!
IMG_5148.thumb.JPG.2ec2d916e2517997ca1a01fa2f272a10.JPG
Lowest weight vs. after a year of Intuitive Eating
IMG_1796.thumb.JPG.7d3514881671be54c881b2ad3e44ef94.JPG
A typical meal for me. I love ketchup!!!
IMG_5188.thumb.JPG.1d2534a80d0307162e04107289d70974.JPG
Me and my adorable kids last Sunday!! I'm raising them to be intuitive eaters as well!
IMG_8172.thumb.JPG.631d59eaa8d0b90281345dcc1d2349db.JPG
A week or so ago on a work trip.
IMG_7407.thumb.JPG.cb02dcecc236bafd8c58eec8d2f8ee16.JPG
That's me! Not a liar. Not a crazy person. Not an anomaly. Just another (formally) fucked up eater trying to figure out how to live healthy and happy.
IMG_8270.thumb.JPG.e8f8c518d36d1975c5435373cbfc63c6.JPG

You're doing awesome ignore nay sayers they are jealous and acting petty is their relief to make someone else feel bad misery loves company. Awesome job!!!

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

I never said I eat "junk food."

I eat a lot of healthy quality food. My definition of what that is and your definition probably differ.

For those that are wondering my usual diet right now is as follows:

Breakfast:
Skip it or maybe some eggs

Lunch:
Thai food
Or
Sandwich with avocado and lots of cheese
Or
Sushi ...
I eat out a lot for lunch

Snack:
Beef Jerky or maybe a nibble of chocolate

Dinner:
Salad with cheese
Wine
Little bit of meat
Veggies

Late night snack:
Usually another dinner- big sandwich
Or
Tamale
Or quesadilla

That's basically what I eat. I never over eat. I never binge. I don't have to have cheat days. Intuitive eating basically helps me not really care about food and I am not hungry that much... I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I am full. I naturally gravitate to healthy fresh foods because processed food makes me feel crappy. I eat food that makes me feel good- not food I am supposed to like according to some diet.

I listen to my body.

I have not gained weight doing this and I have great energy and feel amazing. Best choice I ever made for myself.

The best part! I don't CARE if I gain some weight back because I am actually happy and it isn't what matters most to me anymore. Lots of body types are beautiful. I'm fine with letting my body decide what is a healthy weight for me.

IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.f68f6a8b20b4be12843e28327c932404.JPG
A couple days ago.
IMG_9985.thumb.JPG.7f3feede501d4ec571ba8698a50351ad.JPG
I would be fine with putting some weight on. Doesn't seem to be happening though. Anyway f**k it!! Who cares what I weigh. I'm eating all the foods and living a great life.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not judging you. I said "junk food" because earlier, you listed things you usually eat and for ME that's junkfood. But who cares! If you like that, makes you feel good and works for you, that's awesome! It doesn't matter what I say! I just said that it doesn't appeal to me. I got sick if I eat too much sweets or processed food. On the other hand, I don't feel That I'm dieting anymore, I feel like giving high quality fuel to my body to function, it makes me feel energized. Good! If I have a party, I do drink alcohol without regrets (is so seldom that I don't get any regret). I might eat a chocolate sometime in a while but that's it.im not addicted to sweets and bread anymore.

My point here is that every individual is different, for some it may work what you do, for others not. We have to find out ourselves. Otherwise, I personally believe that as long as someone with a WLS is in the loosing weight phase, should be disciplined and follow our doctor's recommendations.

You look great by the way! Best of lucks!