Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

Wow!!! Great thread. Thanks for doing this. So glad I found it!!! My story is pretty similar to everyone else's. Had surgery in December, 2014. Did well, but never got to goal. I gained about 12 pounds in the last year and really don't know how. I never went back to chips, sweets, Pasta, bread, or any of that and have eaten pretty well since surgery. Have continued to exercise. The weight crept back anyway! I am so afraid of regaining all that I lost. I would like to lose the 12 pounds I gained plus the additional 10 to get me to my goal. I found a No Regain program that says to drink four Protein Shakes per day and then eat a healthy dinner. Today was my first day, and it is HARD!! Today's weight is 167.... hoping to get to 145!

That's the BOT program with the inspire shakes right? I just received my order and am going to do it this weekend and see how I react to it

You can do it! I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I have been freaking out about the weight gain. I've gained 10 pounds so far. I know that isn't a lot for a baby, but I know more is to come. I am trying to still stick to the basics as well. I am still working out 6 days a week, but not near the intensity I was before.

Ana you'll be fine don't worry about the gain while your pregnant- just follow your drs orders and eat healthily, gain within the range your doc gives you and you can take it off once baby arrives :)

Slim Dreams,

It is the BOT program with the Inspire shakes, but I'm not using the Inspire shakes! I thought they were a little too pricey. I am using the Premier Protein shakes from costco, and am doing fine with those. I may try the Inspire shakes at some point. Please let me know what you think of them! Good luck!!

Also, just as an update, at one week out had lost 3 pounds! Am very excited, and hope it continues...

I'm in! I don't have a diet to follow because I never got a diet to follow. If anyone has the plan to follow after surgery and can scan and send it to me I would sure love to have a copy. My email is rattailusa@yahoo.com I was discharged from after care at 1 month so never got any kind of after care support or diet. I have regained about 30 lbs and would like to lose that . Thank you sisters and brothers for allowing me to participate...I needed this !

progression picture.jpg

UGH!!! Week two update, I actually GAINED 1-1/2 pounds!! This is getting old, very frustrating!

Hi, am 4 yrs. Put on Sept. 17 and am frustrated and discouraged...I never reached goal and still need to lose about 47 lbs but am just stuck...what has worked for others getting back on track?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I fell way off the wagon, after getting on this thread I though it would be a motivator, nope, I’m up to 174 from 168. When the hell am I gonna take responsibility? I went to the gym today for the first time in almost a year. I need to stop my pity party and kick my own ass! Let’s do it girls! Screw out negative self talk! Fingers crossed

I just received an email and found this post..I really need an accountability partner. I have regained 50lbs. Lost 5 already, I will post my status once a week. I am 4 years post-op.

1 hour ago, gldnhoney523 said:

I just received an email and found this post..I really need an accountability partner. I have regained 50lbs. Lost 5 already, I will post my status once a week. I am 4 years post-op.

Hi I am so ready to be your accountability partner. I am 4 years out also. I started Thursday and i haven’t weighed myself but I need to lose 35 pounds. We can do this.

Hey WLS friends here to become accountable. I have been post for 5 years in the past 3 years I also have regained 50 lb I would like to lose this I'm starting off with a back to basics plan . I am also going back to swimming . I need help because I feel lost I am looking for ideas and encouragement to help me in this journey

So glad I found this website!! I had my Roux-N-Y in 2008 and have gained 13 lbs back since this past April. I had a Full Hysterectomy and went through some pretty crappy life events but I am just now noticing the weight gain and I'll be damned if I'm going to go back to the very same habits that almost destroyed me and my mentality!!! Let's join hands ladies and conquer this..once and for all!! The food WILL NOT win....

My before and after: IMG_1140.JPG IMG_1494.JPG

Do not let what you cannot do, interfere with what you can do!

I think I am going to try the Keto lifestyle. Seems easy enough and way more food choices than I could ever consume. But I didn't come this far to slip back into being fat!

Food List for a CARB Free lifestyle.

Thoughts from anyone who's done this with sucess...??