Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I am pre op for VSG and I've been given a weight loss assignment of losing 14 lbs.. I was having a tough time getting started because I am really nervous and afraid. At first this was a thought, an idea but now I feel like its a freight train barreling towards me and I'm standing on the train tracks like a deer in head lights. I'm going to lie on a table and get 80% of my stomach removed. Its permanent can't turn back...yikes :wacko: I'm still researching this procedure but I've already been to the orientation, dietitian and surgeon. My appt. with the psychologist is quickly approaching. From that point, nothing happens til I drop the 14 lbs.. I am so nervous...I did give up my lovely seltzer Water and sodas and I've been up late tonight meal prepping. So I'm ready. Wish me luck y'all. It'd be great to hear from some veteran sleevers. I really need some encouragement.

Hi all, I would love to join this "challenge". I'm just over 2 years post op and would like to lose 16 lbs of regain. Unfortunately, I've been trying to lose this 16 lbs since December....and it's August. I've been succumbing to junk food nonstop, and am frustrated that I can't get away with the bad eating habits that I used to. I recognize that's it's time to get back to basics of logging my foods, measuring, and staying committed to the plan!!

It's tough to get into the right mindset and eating what's best for our bodies. This thread has really been motivating for me. I hope it is for you as well.

Monday Check in-- small loss of .08 weight is holding at 226.0 now-- that's 12lbs since I started refocusing. I certainly have not been perfect in my eating- especially on the weekends! Now that summer is over I will spend the next 4 weeks focusing on tracking EVERYTHING I eat, ESPECIALLY on the weekends, which I believe is where I have been getting into trouble, and adding in more cardio to my workouts.

Monday Check in-- small loss of .08 weight is holding at 226.0 now-- that's 12lbs since I started refocusing. I certainly have not been perfect in my eating- especially on the weekends! Now that summer is over I will spend the next 4 weeks focusing on tracking EVERYTHING I eat, ESPECIALLY on the weekends, which I believe is where I have been getting into trouble, and adding in more cardio to my workouts.

Checking in for accountability....I gained 6 lbs back (some has to be fluctuation though). I randomly had a raging systemic infection that was horrendously painful and landed me in the hospital, then my back went out AND I was in the middle of doing an IVF cycle to freeze embryos.

Back on track today.

Been 3 years & 4 months for me and I'm just starting to regain & not liking it..my lowest 150..everyone told me I was too skinny..now I'm up to 168 ugg.. and now I'm to chunky....I need to get off 18 lbs..but I eat everything in site.. I have to get back to 3 shakes a day & 1 meal with no snacks...I also started drinking the diet cola again...(hate water).. I need help!!

Checking in for accountability....I gained 6 lbs back (some has to be fluctuation though). I randomly had a raging systemic infection that was horrendously painful and landed me in the hospital, then my back went out AND I was in the middle of doing an IVF cycle to freeze embryos.

Back on track today.

Barbie that is rotten luck! Were you still able to finish the cycle?

Been 3 years & 4 months for me and I'm just starting to regain & not liking it..my lowest 150..everyone told me I was too skinny..now I'm up to 168 ugg.. and now I'm to chunky....I need to get off 18 lbs..but I eat everything in site.. I have to get back to 3 shakes a day & 1 meal with no snacks...I also started drinking the diet cola again...(hate water).. I need help!!

Oh yeah I remember that point where people told me to stop losing.... I wish I hadn't listened to them and stayed more strict with my intake.... good for you for joining us -- cut out that soda now!

Barbie that is rotten luck! Were you still able to finish the cycle?

Right? And now I have to switch antibiotics because this one has given me Migraines where I lose my vision twice in two days.

I should have been able to finish the cycle and the doctor was fine with it but one of my ovaries follicles got totally out of sync with the other so we had to stop. Nice waste of money. We're only freezing now. I had a baby 8 months ago but due to an anatomical weird thing IVF is the only way for me to get pregnant so we wanted to freeze so when we're ready for the next one it's not as stressful.

Wow!!! Great thread. Thanks for doing this. So glad I found it!!! My story is pretty similar to everyone else's. Had surgery in December, 2014. Did well, but never got to goal. I gained about 12 pounds in the last year and really don't know how. I never went back to chips, sweets, Pasta, bread, or any of that and have eaten pretty well since surgery. Have continued to exercise. The weight crept back anyway! I am so afraid of regaining all that I lost. I would like to lose the 12 pounds I gained plus the additional 10 to get me to my goal. I found a No Regain program that says to drink four Protein Shakes per day and then eat a healthy dinner. Today was my first day, and it is HARD!! Today's weight is 167.... hoping to get to 145!

Momcat..you are almost the same as me!! The weight just started to come on..But I will say I am eating more than I did...and I did go back to munchies..bad bad.. I haven't started yet, waiting to after Labor Day as we have alot of plans for that weekend...good luck & keep us posted!! Thats what my program will be 4 protien drinks a day then a simple dinner..

Hi I'm so so glad to have found this thread. I have gained 30 pounds back after never hitting goal. I started today to lose this 30 plus the additional 15 needed to make goal. I am going back to basics. Will check in tomorrow

You can do it! I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I have been freaking out about the weight gain. I've gained 10 pounds so far. I know that isn't a lot for a baby, but I know more is to come. I am trying to still stick to the basics as well. I am still working out 6 days a week, but not near the intensity I was before.