Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

Weighed In Monday but forgot to update- I'm down! Yay! Lost 2 lbs now 229.4:)

So awesome!!!

Love this thread! Very inspiring and helps me stay on track while accepting I'm human.

Welcome!

[mention=112965]chiquitabananaz14[/mention], we are all going to have difficult days & weeks. You don't need my permission, but it's ok to not get on the scale, especially if it's going to deflate you. You are definately in tune with your struggles. Getting the mind and body to connect is the challenge. I believe, in time, you will work it out.
By the way, does your bariatric center offer a support group? I've seriously been thinking about going to mine.

Thank you for your encouragement Kathy. The old me would bolt at the sign of failure but I am in this for the long haul! So blessed to have this space to share with you all and get to our goals together

@fadstabora that is a win! Social situations can be a minefield. It must have felt really good to walk out of Wingers having made good choices[mention=112965]chiquitabananaz14[/mention] focus on little consistent steps...getting on the scale is up to you... don't feel defeated, you've reached out for support and it takes guts. Bravo! Not everyday is about the # on the scale we all have areas to work on to make ourselves stronger and more resilient...Just look at this thread...you started with honesty and openness and as a result we all found a place we can come for support and encouragement while we work towards our personal goals... your current choices have had a positive impact on others, that is an NSV if I've ever seen one!! Stay on your path:)

Thank you for the encouragement Slim. I am
Blessed by this thread and am happy that other people are also.

Happy Fourth of July friends! As we embark on this day full of food and questionable choices, let's remember what our goals are. I had a rough week mentally last week but still wanted to be accountable to what I said I was going to do. Stepped on the scale and was down. Goes to show that sometimes our own self talk is what hinders us most. I am choosing to be kind to myself again. Since I didn't follow my plan to the T, I was feeling like a failure but I jumped back on the bandwagon and am moving forward. I am in this for the long haul, good, bad and ugly. Love you all.

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 157

Regain Weight: 210

Current Weight: 198.2 IMG_0080.JPG.4742926c779e229b73010520ef80580c.JPG

So I didn't do horrible today but could not resist my dads cheesecake and my sisters homemade macaroni and cheese. Back on track tomorrow.

I'm so glad that I found this thread. Since March/April I have regained 10 pounds. Carbs are my weakness- breads, crackers, Cookies. I know that I'm eating bad things and really need to be mindful to not consume it. I did great last night and only had two spoonfuls of ice cream. It helps that ice cream and I don;t get along too well since surgery. I have also started social drinking more that I need to cut back on. I don't drink soda as 1) it doesn't sit well with me, and 2) I never really cared for it (except Mtn Dew and Root Beer. So this helps keep calories in check there. I am a snacker and Ritz are my bff that I need to cut back on. I also don;t drink Protein Shakes anymore. I just couldn't tolerate it any longer. The only flavor I could stand was vanilla and it got old. I need to retart this too.

On the plus side I enjoy running, just need to increase my frequency again. sleeping in before getting ready for work needs to stop, lol. I also take the stairs in my new (desk) job, so I plan to add in "stair breaks" a few times a day to ensure that I'm up and moving again.

My question- what are your go to Snacks these days? I'm a picky eater which is terrible I know. But I need some ideas that will hopefully break/reduce the Ritz habit.

7 hours ago, chiquitabananaz14 said:

So I didn't do horrible today but could not resist my dads cheesecake and my sisters homemade macaroni and cheese. Back on track tomorrow.

Hey, we are all human, and we were celebrating our Freedom, so a bit of cheesecake and homemade mac and cheese is, in my eyes, allowed. Sometimes if you deny yourself the stuff that you are craving, you end up binging on it. Better to satisfy that craving with a small taste rather than binging and feeling horrible. I myself indulge in a few goodies yesterday at the dessert table as well. However, I did literally take just a taste of some of the Desserts. I'm not a huge sweet eater; my problem was always the carbs and I think I did pretty good on that yesterday. I ate mostly Protein, so the few tastes I had at the dessert table wouldn't be so huge.

I'm so glad that I found this thread. Since March/April I have regained 10 pounds. Carbs are my weakness- breads, crackers, Cookies. I know that I'm eating bad things and really need to be mindful to not consume it. I did great last night and only had two spoonfuls of ice cream. It helps that ice cream and I don;t get along too well since surgery. I have also started social drinking more that I need to cut back on. I don't drink soda as 1) it doesn't sit well with me, and 2) I never really cared for it (except Mtn Dew and Root Beer. So this helps keep calories in check there. I am a snacker and Ritz are my bff that I need to cut back on. I also don;t drink Protein Shakes anymore. I just couldn't tolerate it any longer. The only flavor I could stand was vanilla and it got old. I need to retart this too.
On the plus side I enjoy running, just need to increase my frequency again. sleeping in before getting ready for work needs to stop, lol. I also take the stairs in my new (desk) job, so I plan to add in "stair breaks" a few times a day to ensure that I'm up and moving again.
My question- what are your go to Snacks these days? I'm a picky eater which is terrible I know. But I need some ideas that will hopefully break/reduce the Ritz habit.

Welcome! Snacks.. yogurt/ baby carrots (10only)/ turkey slices from the deli (prepackaged ones got to salty for me) and popcorn (100 cal pack) I know the popcorn isn't the best but it helped me get away from chips

This is a wonderful thread! You are all so wise and helpful!
I like to think I learned something from each attempt like perseverance. Being accountable and keeping track good or bad is one of the things long term successful people do and you are all on that road! I pray wisdom and understanding for all here.

Welcome! So happy you are here. We are all in this together and here to help support one another. It sounds like you have a great insight on what you should do and what you need to cut back on. Stair breaks are awesome, keep those up for sure! As far as snacks, I wouldn't be the best one to ask about that since I try my hardest to avoid them. Rooting for you!!

How's everyone doing?? Hoping and praying everyone is doing well!

I am so frustrated!!!! I followed everything last week. Was under in calories, worked out at least 45 min a day and did weights and I lost 2.5 lbs then bamb gained it back in one day and I did not even overeat. Kept my food planner got disheartened and mad so instead of digging deep I sabotaged myself with a damn sprite (well lets be honest thats all I drank for 2 days with some water) and now I am right back where I started. Now behind on my goals and disgusted with myself. I am wondering what else I can do! I am getting back on track. Does anyone know how pre menopause effects us? I have new insurance so I asked if I can just go see a Bariatric dr to have a check up and my insurance said only for surgery. I dont need surgery just an damn appointment. Sorry but thanks for the vent!

Fadstabora, don't beat yourself up. Being in perimenopause you will have fluctuating weight. It is difficult to lose during perimenopause; I know that from experience. Just stick to your plan and you will see results as time goes on. Remember you are not going to drop that weight like you did after surgery, so just be patient. It will come. You do not need to see a bariatric doctor for this. Just calm down and stay on track. Don't get discouraged.

I myself feel defeated this week since I did not go back to the gym yet from vacation, and I've eaten some carby things I should have said no to. Mind you I did measure it out and stick to eating just that amount, but still need to get rid of the snacking at night. Always was my problem and still is. I need to occupy myself and quit thinking about food at night. I can honestly say I'm not hungry when I snack, so it is just mindless eating. Ugh. I'll get there. All I can do is shake my head at myself because nobody can do it for me.

I am so frustrated!!!! I followed everything last week. Was under in calories, worked out at least 45 min a day and did weights and I lost 2.5 lbs then bamb gained it back in one day and I did not even overeat. Kept my food planner got disheartened and mad so instead of digging deep I sabotaged myself with a damn sprite (well lets be honest thats all I drank for 2 days with some water) and now I am right back where I started. Now behind on my goals and disgusted with myself. I am wondering what else I can do! I am getting back on track. Does anyone know how pre menopause effects us? I have new insurance so I asked if I can just go see a Bariatric dr to have a check up and my insurance said only for surgery. I dont need surgery just an damn appointment. Sorry but thanks for the vent!

Maybe your insurance will cover a meeting with a nutritionist?