Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

Back from my crazy June schedule! Glad to be back on track. My husband and I went to Philadelphia earlier in the month for a long weekend via Amtrak train. Had lots of fun, saw some really great historical stuff, visited with both sides of family who live out that way, and of course dined out quite a bit. Fortunately my husband tends to be my food Nazi and everything was kept reasonable. I was allowed to indulge in one treat, and I picked a piece of Italian Creme Cake. It wasn't all that good. I have found that sweets just don't taste the same anymore to me. So giving them up is no big deal. Didn't lose, didn't gain that weekend.

Next was a 1st birthday party for my cousin's son. Lots of stuff that I could not eat (such as cassata cake, Buns, Pasta salad), but I was able to do a bunless hamburger with fixings along with some veggies. I did have a bit of chocolate pudding, but just about 2 tblspns worth. It again wasn't what I thought it would be. Learning that the sweets are easily forgotten now. It's the crackers, pretzels, chips, etc. that I have to really stay away from.

Last but not least was my week long trip to Orlando, Florida (Disney World) for a few days and then a 4 night Bahamian Cruise with my daughter. I am proud to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all of the festivities (within reason), and actually came home 4 lbs lighter (lots of walking...lots and lots). I think I probably sweated off at least 2 of those pounds. Man was it hot!

So, vacations are over. I'm proud that I was able to really stay on track, and due to the extreme exercise, what I did eat was easily lost.

I've been catching up on everyone who has posted. Stick with it! This is a Marathon, not a Sprint, and even though most of us are at least one year to many years out, I think that just owning up to the regain and being proactive in getting back to where we want to be is the biggest hurtle. We are all fabulous regardless and we will shine through and on. Hugs to all.

@Renkosswhat a fabulous summer you've had so far and summer has just started! And great job in losing weight while on vacation, that is rarely done:1312_thumbsup_tone3:

@SlimDreams, thanks for the encouragement.

This group is awesome!

So tomorrow for work we are going to a pizza joint. I am trying to hard to be good and keep my carbs down esp. My stomach does not handle salad very well. Any suggestions? They have fried raviolis, fries, fried mozzarella sticks, fried zucchini and chicken tenders (4 for $6.99) and wings that are super expensive and of course pizza. Good grief what should i do?

I'd bow out of the pizza place. That, or you can always just eat the toppings from the pizza and leave the crust. See if they have a low carb option as well. I once ordered a deep dish pizza in Chicago, IL low carb and it came with a sausage crust instead of dough. Was really good too! If you don't do salad well, then I'd opt for the chicken tenders over any of the other stuff. Good Luck.

Thank you!

So tomorrow for work we are going to a pizza joint. I am trying to hard to be good and keep my carbs down esp. My stomach does not handle salad very well. Any suggestions? They have fried raviolis, fries, fried mozzarella sticks, fried zucchini and chicken tenders (4 for $6.99) and wings that are super expensive and of course pizza. Good grief what should i do?

Could you bring an opaque water bottle with a Protein Shake in it? Sip on that and avoid all the poor foods?...if that's not feasible for you, eat something healthy before you go and then maybe just have either a slice of thin crust pizza or the chicken fingers ( if you can avoid the ranch- I'd struggle with that for sure) Good luck!

Pizza is my battle food!
I have made chicken Pizza Crust once. It's super good.

Hi Cathy

I related very much to what you have posted.

I have asked my husband not to bring in any baked goods ...which were not even an issue to begin with, but became one....I too, gave up exercise...but yesterday I did a beginners workout in the pool. I feel good this morning, just a bit sore.^_^

Thank you for posting!

Kat

This past week has been really rough for me. I do spoken word poetry and was asked to write a piece to share with my church. All week I have been stressing and using food as a way to comfort myself. This process of changing my mindset and coping mechanisms goes far beyond diet and exercise. I have something deep rooted in me that is putting up a fight to remain but acknowledging that it's there and wanting it to be gone is huge for me. Continuing to accountable and share my struggle is what I believe will help others as well as myself. I will get through this and I trust the process.

I really don't want to get on the scale this week. I don't want to feel defeated and make it about a number I see. I want to take this week to get my mind right and not sabotage myself by feeling defeated. This is a mind thing for me and a painful one at that but I want freedom from it and God is really showing me where I need to begin. I hope everyone else is having a good week, just wanted to share where I'm at.

@chiquitabananaz14, we are all going to have difficult days & weeks. You don't need my permission, but it's ok to not get on the scale, especially if it's going to deflate you. You are definately in tune with your struggles. Getting the mind and body to connect is the challenge. I believe, in time, you will work it out.

By the way, does your bariatric center offer a support group? I've seriously been thinking about going to mine.

@fadstabora that is a win! Social situations can be a minefield. It must have felt really good to walk out of Wingers having made good choices@chiquitabananaz14 focus on little consistent steps...getting on the scale is up to you... don't feel defeated, you've reached out for support and it takes guts. Bravo! Not everyday is about the # on the scale we all have areas to work on to make ourselves stronger and more resilient...Just look at this thread...you started with honesty and openness and as a result we all found a place we can come for support and encouragement while we work towards our personal goals... your current choices have had a positive impact on others, that is an NSV if I've ever seen one!! Stay on your path:)

Weighed In Monday but forgot to update- I'm down! Yay! Lost 2 lbs now 229.4:)

Have a happy 4th ladies!