Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

I weighed in today at 231.2 so up 1.2lbs... so not a great week hoping to do better this week... I'm keeping the faith this week I have 2 birthday parties, a wedding on Friday and our anniversary getaway sat/sun...so I'll have to be really focused to make it to next Monday without any gain-- fingers crossed... just came back from a lunch hour spin class so I am trying :)

IMG_7569.JPG
Today's lunch
Lunch detailsIMG_7571.JPG
FYI all my food for today has already been logged in mfp

56 minutes ago, Bears_Chick said:

You seriously look fabulous!

Don't I know it about the thighs... my entire legs are my enemies. My legs will be the last to go. :( They've haunted me my whole life. Even as a kid. Sucked.

Which 12 week challenge? I've done the Nike XBox Challenge... way harder than I anticipated. If you don't jump high enough or wide enough or squat low enough, it doesn't count it. Dang, Gina! I'm doing a weights/resistance routine right now, plus an hour on the elliptical at least five days a week. It's helping me get there. I REEEEALLY want to be 160 by October. I need to consistently lose a pound a week.

Yes, I would also like to know what workouts/ challenges are you doing?

i'm here!!!
lol.. looking for that push too ~ almost 2yrs out, and while i haven't gained sig, i haven't lost like others have (on Facebook, Instagram) .. i know its not a competition, but i hate feeling like a "loser" [haha pun intended?]

You can do this. Look at your food intake. Can you stand to cut back on carbs? Are you getting your Protein in? Are you exercising? I hate exercising lol

LizO

I would like to join and be held accountable today i weighed in at 195 need to loose 50 lbs banded 10 years ago in July

Welcome to the Weight Loss Family!

LizO

4 hours ago, Bears_Chick said:

You seriously look fabulous!

Don't I know it about the thighs... my entire legs are my enemies. My legs will be the last to go. :( They've haunted me my whole life. Even as a kid. Sucked.

Which 12 week challenge? I've done the Nike XBox Challenge... way harder than I anticipated. If you don't jump high enough or wide enough or squat low enough, it doesn't count it. Dang, Gina! I'm doing a weights/resistance routine right now, plus an hour on the elliptical at least five days a week. It's helping me get there. I REEEEALLY want to be 160 by October. I need to consistently lose a pound a week.

I do the Idealshape 12 Week Challenge

https://m.idealshape.com/idealshape-up-challenge.list

@SlimDreams, I read your post. I am so sorry to read about your struggle and thank you for sharing your raw feelings with us. Wishing you the best.

on another note, even though you did not lose this week, it's good to see you did not spiral out of control. That's usually what a lot of us do. By the way, that sausage looks delish!

Week 2 report, weighed in at 180.4 , last week-183.0.

Truth: I got a stomach bug last Thursday and I'm still having some issues (which I'm sure accounted for the weight loss) ;) but I'll take it!!!

To all of those who lost their weight with good ole fashion hard work, great job! To all who recently joined, welcome! To all who may not have lost but are still TRYING, I'm rooting for you!

Have a great week,everyone!

Edited by Kathy812

I weighed in today at 231.2 so up 1.2lbs... so not a great week hoping to do better this week... I'm keeping the faith this week I have 2 birthday parties, a wedding on Friday and our anniversary getaway sat/sun...so I'll have to be really focused to make it to next Monday without any gain-- fingers crossed... just came back from a lunch hour spin class so I am trying [emoji4]

As long as you try, you will see results. Eat something before you go to the birthday parties and wedding. I remember as a kid my mother would always make me eat before going over someone's house or party. She did not want me out in public acting like I was starving. Lol. Enjoy your anniversary, just don't go crazy. Make choices like cut the portions you receive in half(have waiter take from table), no bread on the table or have an open face sandwich.

Good luck!

LizO

@Liz210, Best wishes on your weight loss. Looks like you are very prepared.

The graph is awesome. What program did you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I use Carb Manager

LizO

Thanks@kathy812 it's possible that just sharing hear kept me on the better track with food choices last week.... I hope your feeling better from that bug :)

Thanks for the tips@Liz210
One of the birthdays is at Benihana so I've looked up their menu and will build my meals for the day so that I can enjoy the party with everyone and still eat Thur hibachi chicken and veggies- I'll have to skip the rice there which is so yummy.. it's ok though I keep thinking to myself is this (rice / or whatever is tempting me at the moment) better than being in the 100's??
That little trick has been helping me

Thanks@kathy812 it's possible that just sharing hear kept me on the better track with food choices last week.... I hope your feeling better from that bug :)

Thanks for the tips@Liz210
One of the birthdays is at Benihana so I've looked up their menu and will build my meals for the day so that I can enjoy the party with everyone and still eat Thur hibachi chicken and veggies- I'll have to skip the rice there which is so yummy.. it's ok though I keep thinking to myself is this (rice / or whatever is tempting me at the moment) better than being in the 100's??
That little trick has been helping me

Well done to everyone who is on a losing streak, stayed the same or even gained but still came back - you are all winners.

I still can't get back on track. I seem to have a couple of good days but then fall by the wayside again and then find it hard to pick myself up.[emoji853]

We were with good friends at the weekend, who we have not seen for a few months, and the husband has joined Slimming world, ,my husband chatted to him and came away interested (he needs to lose weight) but said he would only go if I went with him. The reason being that they have very few males go and he didn't want to feel awkward. I feel in two minds - I want to go and support him but then I think it is going backwards (slimming clubs being part of my before (sleeve) life but I do want to get things back together and maybe SW would help.

Well done to everyone who is on a losing streak, stayed the same or even gained but still came back - you are all winners.

I still can't get back on track. I seem to have a couple of good days but then fall by the wayside again and then find it hard to pick myself up.[emoji853]

We were with good friends at the weekend, who we have not seen for a few months, and the husband has joined Slimming world, ,my husband chatted to him and came away interested (he needs to lose weight) but said he would only go if I went with him. The reason being that they have very few males go and he didn't want to feel awkward. I feel in two minds - I want to go and support him but then I think it is going backwards (slimming clubs being part of my before (sleeve) life but I do want to get things back together and maybe SW would help.

Ms. Cathy don't give up; we all have those days. Some days seem to be harder than others. It's that time of the month for me and I want everything insight. I had some candy today and a open face sauage and cheese Mcmuffin. I'm not good at sticking to a diet plan. What helps me is watching my Carbs. Believe me some days are better than others but I have begin to make better choices. Hang in there. Our surgery is only a tool and sometimes we must resort back to some things that we had to do in the past to lose weight. You got this.

LizO