Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

Hi everyone! Checking in after my weigh in I'm down again! The back to basics is working!! I'm at 230 so 8 lbs are toast :) going to keep at it
I've been using mfp religiously and having Breakfast everyday, I have bean eating a variety of foods- meats- veggies- fruits- and I'm recognizing head hunger again, instead of mindlessly grazing through the day. Also logging my next days food in mfp the day before has really helped me to stay on track with calories and Protein intake- especially on more hectic travel days... it's also helping me to smooth out intake over the whole day...
I was less successful then I hoped with last weeks workout plan-- I didn't make it to any spin classes- I could drag myself out of bed- well I could have but my determination lapsed in the early morning hours-- I made it to two of my fitmill classes and we also did a 6 mile hike on Saturday.... so I definitely have some improvements to make this week in terms of workouts...I'm committing to going in afternoons to spin unless I get up in the morning... the goal is to go!!! How's everyone else doing with activity?

Good morning friends,

So the scale is showing that I have gained from last week but I know I am retaining fluids as it's that time of the month. I have been going to the gym 5 times a week and feel great, my eating this past weekend was decent but I didn't follow my plan to the T. I wish I could have handled my cravings better as I know when I'm about to start my menstruation because I want to eat everything in sight!!! I am really proud of myself and know that there has been a mental shift because typically if I see a gain, I would give up and binge for a few weeks and start back over when I couldn't tolerate myself anymore- a cycle I know all too well. I am going to continue doing what I am doing and know that it will pay off because this time around I aim to make a lifestyle change and not just a temporary fix. We can do it ladies!!! I believe in each and everyone of us, we will succeed! IMG_0688.JPG.f9965d60c2fc1cb3fba6b67cdaeafdc0.JPG

May God bless you and keep you[emoji173]️

-Mariela

Keep at it Mariela! Your part of my inspiration... keep posting the successes and the struggles... we're here for you... and we all get that time of the month can make cravings and the scale go wonky :)

I'm a bit late to the party, but can I join, too? Want to re-charge my motivation and really hit goal weight!

Ok guys, my one week report. I am down a little over a pound. Although I'm grateful, I could have done better.

i reached my 4 day a week workout but still struggling with those darn carbs. Oh how I wish carbs made me lose weight instead of gain. I would be skinny. I know there are healthy carbs but I so love the bad ones.

i also need to update my profile, I started at 184.2 ( regained about 14#) and today weighed 183.

Have a good week everyone and so proud of all of us for being honest and sharing the good and the bad of our journey.

I'm a bit late to the party, but can I join, too? Want to re-charge my motivation and really hit goal weight!

Of course, jump right in! Welcome!

-Mariela

Ok guys, my one week report. I am down a little over a pound. Although I'm grateful, I could have done better.
i reached my 4 day a week workout but still struggling with those darn carbs. Oh how I wish carbs made me lose weight instead of gain. I would be skinny. I know there are healthy carbs but I so love the bad ones.
i also need to update my profile, I started at 184.2 ( regained about 14#) and today weighed 183.
Have a good week everyone and so proud of all of us for being honest and sharing the good and the bad of our journey.

Great job on exercising Kathy! Keep it up! Don't we all wish that about carbs? Lol, I know I do!

-Mariela

Keep at it Mariela! Your part of my inspiration... keep posting the successes and the struggles... we're here for you... and we all get that time of the month can make cravings and the scale go wonky [emoji4]

Your message really blessed and encouraged me, thank you for that my friend

-Mariela

Do you think they were worth buying? I was thinking of picking some up- my husband has his snack bag of chips in the house and I thought it might be good to have an alternative near by in case my will started to be tested

You have have a problem snacking on chips then I would suggest them. Since I cut out a lot of Carbs, my cravings for chips went away. Just in case it returns (that time of month), I got something good to grab.

LizO

We need to pick a weigh in day so we can hold each other accountable.

LizO

LizO

I've been doing Monday mornings... it really helps me to keep my weekend activities in check knowing that I weigh in on Monday.
For me at least, weekends are so much less regimented and harder to control in terms of food choice..... so when I put in a really great week of eating within calories (and now, my macros!) goals and if i have an opportunity to really blow all that self discipline over the weekend, knowing I have a weigh in on Monday where I check in with this thread and update my mfp, helps me to make a healthier choice :) any way I vote for Mondays

LizO

I agree. Sunday?

LizO

When I began this thread, I said I'd be weighing in on Monday's and have been posting a picture of my scale. Monday's are weigh in days for me, you all should join in! Great idea

-Mariela

I think Monday morning works for to as well. It a perfect start to the beginning of a work week. I have a problem getting on the scale daily. I will take a picture of my weigh-in next Monday and post before I leave for work. Best wishes everyone!

LizO

I am so thankful for this thread! I have re-gained at least a dozen times in my life 40-60-100 lbs. So I'm determined to not let it happen again. However... dum-dum-dum ... the scale hasn't gone down in two weeks and did go up... only one pound, which I know can be Water or anything, but I ALSO know that I've started to feel comfortable, and when I feel comfortable, I grab a little piece of chocolate at a party or have an extra glass of wine. So I needed encouragement.... and I found this thread. It's crazy how encouraging it's been reading all of your posts! I was ready to break down and have a snack, but just reading what you guys have been posting for the past couple of weeks has motivated me. I need to lose AT LEAST 15 more pounds.... I have to stay serious and not snack and cheat.

I always weigh Saturday, but I like what you guys have said about Monday's keeping you straight over the weekend. So I'm going to start weighing on Mondays as well!

I am so thankful for this thread! I have re-gained at least a dozen times in my life 40-60-100 lbs. So I'm determined to not let it happen again. However... dum-dum-dum ... the scale hasn't gone down in two weeks and did go up... only one pound, which I know can be Water or anything, but I ALSO know that I've started to feel comfortable, and when I feel comfortable, I grab a little piece of chocolate at a party or have an extra glass of wine. So I needed encouragement.... and I found this thread. It's crazy how encouraging it's been reading all of your posts! I was ready to break down and have a snack, but just reading what you guys have been posting for the past couple of weeks has motivated me. I need to lose AT LEAST 15 more pounds.... I have to stay serious and not snack and cheat.
I always weigh Saturday, but I like what you guys have said about Monday's keeping you straight over the weekend. So I'm going to start weighing on Mondays as well!

Welcome aboard!