Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

[mention=263579]Renkoss[/mention], you will find that calories for weight loss vary based on multiple factors like height, weight , metabolism etc.
After undergoing a metabolism test last year, my exercise physiologist explained in order to lose weight I need to stay under 1200 calories. However, you will find that others on the site can lose weight eating 1600 cal.
I have not started counting calories and just decided to get back on plan this week. I am trying to concentrate on eating Protein FIRST and a little veggies after. I do feel the restriction when I follow these basics. So I'm hoping the scale will start to work. (I think it's broken because it's been going up the past few months, instead of down :44_frowning2:)

Well said Kathy... and the calorie requirements shift as you lose/ activity increases or decreases....
As an aside does anyone remember how much protein their docs said they should be getting each day?

This is a great thread. Just what the doctor ordered. We are all at different levels of weight regain, but the support is all the same. My weight had been going up in the last year; I'm a STRESS eater and I don't cook. I had very bad food choices and felt I always had to have something in my mouth when I sit at my desk. I realized today that I did not snack nor did I have the craving to snack.

My weight has started going down because I have cut back on the carbs. My Nut, who was actually one of my doctors that was in the surgery room with me in Mexico, told me to stay under 25 grams of Carbs to start losing Weight; that's not a lot. However, he told me if I could not go cold turkey to start between 50-100 carbs and gradually eliminate. That worked for me. I now intake about 30-36.

I read someone's post about the 5:2 Diet and tried 500 calories, no problem consuming that because I ate Starkist Creations for all my meals with a serving of crackers.

I said all of that just to say "Change is Not Change Unless We Change."

If you fall off a day, dust yourself off and start again; I did. It is much easier for me to stick to the plan because you all are such great motivators and it helps doing this with someone who had weight loss surgery.

Well said Kathy... and the calorie requirements shift as you lose/ activity increases or decreases....
As an aside does anyone remember how much Protein their docs said they should be getting each day?

I was told 60 grams

So cool to see all the new faces on this thread!! We can all do this and we all will do this! It's so important that we don't quit and always persevere despite all odds. Getting back to the basics for me has really been working out, I guess my doctor did know what he was talking about after all lol. I had to admit to myself that I just didn't follow the plan that I agreed to follow for the rest of my life when I got this surgery. I fell in the trap of "oh now I'm skinny, I can eat what I want" NOT! let's be as motivated as we were when we were fighting to get this surgery, nothing could stop us and we promised to follow the plan. It's simply getting back to what we had already agreed on doing, no magic, no rocket science. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and remember the only way to fail is failing to get back up again, keep going!

May God bless you and keep you

-Mariela

So cool to see all the new faces on this thread!! We can all do this and we all will do this! It's so important that we don't quit and always persevere despite all odds. Getting back to the basics for me has really been working out, I guess my doctor did know what he was talking about after all lol. I had to admit to myself that I just didn't follow the plan that I agreed to follow for the rest of my life when I got this surgery. I fell in the trap of "oh now I'm skinny, I can eat what I want" NOT! let's be as motivated as we were when we were fighting to get this surgery, nothing could stop us and we promised to follow the plan. It's simply getting back to what we had already agreed on doing, no magic, no rocket science. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and remember the only way to fail is failing to get back up again, keep going!

May God bless you and keep you[emoji173]️

-Mariela

I totally agree

@SlimDreams I was told 80-100 grams of Protein a day. I start most days off w/a Protein Shake for Breakfast or an omlette on the weekends, So that gives me a jumpstart in my protein. As long as I add some form of meat or seafood throughout the day, I generally have no problems reaching this goal.

@Liz210, you are seriously motivated....eating the same thing for each meal. Love that and it's working for you, good for you!

@chiquitabananaz14, thanks for starting this thread, you are a true motivator.

[mention=174074]SlimDreams[/mention] I was told 80-100 grams of Protein a day. I start most days off w/a Protein Shake for breakfast or an omlette on the weekends, So that gives me a jumpstart in my protein. As long as I add some form of meat or seafood throughout the day, I generally have no problems reaching this goal.
[mention=174182]Liz210[/mention], you are seriously motivated....eating the same thing for each meal. Love that and it's working for you, good for you!
[mention=112965]chiquitabananaz14[/mention], thanks for starting this thread, you are a true motivator.

I thank God they have a variety of flavors. I'm thinking about doing 500 tomorrow.

On my 3rd day of the 12 Week Idealshape Challenge. I'm hurting in a good way. Very quick workout for those that don't care for exercising like me.

http://www.idealshape.com/blog/idealshape-up-challenge/workouts.php?utm_source=wf_isuc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=isuc01_ar

This is a great thread. Just what the doctor ordered. We are all at different levels of weight regain, but the support is all the same. My weight had been going up in the last year; I'm a STRESS eater and I don't cook. I had very bad food choices and felt I always had to have something in my mouth when I sit at my desk. I realized today that I did not snack nor did I have the craving to snack.
My weight has started going down because I have cut back on the carbs. My Nut, who was actually one of my doctors that was in the surgery room with me in Mexico, told me to stay under 25 grams of Carbs to start losing Weight; that's not a lot. However, he told me if I could not go cold turkey to start between 50-100 carbs and gradually eliminate. That worked for me. I now intake about 30-36.
I read someone's post about the 5:2 Diet and tried 500 calories, no problem consuming that because I ate Starkist Creations for all my meals with a serving of crackers.
I said all of that just to say "Change is Not Change Unless We Change."
If you fall off a day, dust yourself off and start again; I did. It is much easier for me to stick to the plan because you all are such great motivators and it helps doing this with someone who had weight loss surgery.

Agreed! The support on this thread is exactly what the doctor ordered... it's interesting you mention snacking I was looking at my fitness pal and realizing that a lot of the Snacks I had preprogrammed in I never bothered to eat! I feel like I'm finally back on the right track-- strangely though just yesterday I was ravenous-- I wonder if that is bc I am ovulating and/ or bc of my Tuesday fit-mill work out?? Any way thanks for the info on Proteins, I thought I hadn't been getting enough but I'm landing in the 70-100grams range each day, now if I could figure out if this graph means I'm not eating enough calories or what...I'm really trying not to eat back calories From working out
IMG_7420.JPG

I need to find that Protein Water haven't seen it before where did you get it?

Sam's Club and costco

Agreed! The support on this thread is exactly what the doctor ordered... it's interesting you mention snacking I was looking at my fitness pal and realizing that a lot of the Snacks I had preprogrammed in I never bothered to eat! I feel like I'm finally back on the right track-- strangely though just yesterday I was ravenous-- I wonder if that is bc I am ovulating and/ or bc of my Tuesday fit-mill work out?? Any way thanks for the info on Proteins, I thought I hadn't been getting enough but I'm landing in the 70-100grams range each day, now if I could figure out if this graph means I'm not eating enough calories or what...I'm really trying not to eat back calories From working out
IMG_7420.JPG.ce9b7019129734a33db423727222e3e0.JPG

I use Carb Manager; very easy to use.

Best analogy of what happens when you eat and drink at the same time after bariatric surgery.

https://www.facebook.com/kentuckyonehealthweightlosssurgery/videos/10154506388716186/

This Is How Many Carbs You Should Consume Per Day To Lose Weight!

(This is info my Nut/doctor from Mexico share with his patients.)

IMG_1024.JPG.fecdc124286088b4206834588409299e.JPG

I am already seeing a difference in my body, especially in my face! Yay! We got this friends, let's keep keeping on! IMG_0681.JPG

May God bless you and keep you[emoji173]️

-Mariela