Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November the 14th 2013 I had Gastric bypass. I was 380lbs and got all the way to 170lbs. Just last year till now I have gone to 220lbs. What happen? How do I fix this? I feel fat, ugly and so disgusted with myself. I want my size 8 pants to fit again. Instead I'm in size 12. Also I have so much loose skin on my stomach I wish I knew of a place that wasn't so expensive for surgery I think that's another thing that's been getting to me lately too. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

go back to the basics. Eat Protein first, then non-starchy vegetables. Then if you have room, fruit or complex carbs (like grains). No drinking until at least 30 minutes after you eat. Weigh, measure, and log everything you put in your mouth. Unfortunately, it's the only way..

November the 14th 2013 I had Gastric bypass. I was 380lbs and got all the way to 170lbs. Just last year till now I have gone to 220lbs. What happen? How do I fix this? I feel fat, ugly and so disgusted with myself. I want my size 8 pants to fit again. Instead I'm in size 12. Also I have so much loose skin on my stomach I wish I knew of a place that wasn't so expensive for surgery I think that's another thing that's been getting to me lately too. Any advice?

Zoii,

I had surgery in September of 2013 and I have had the same gain (about 50 lbs). I realized that I got away from the the 4 golden rules that I agreed too when I got this surgery

1) Protein first
2) Water water water
3) exercise
4) avoid snacking on empty calories

After I lost my weight, I threw those basics out the window and started eating as though I didn't suffer from obesity. We can get this weight off, I went back to basics since Tuesday and have lost 5 pounds. Let's do this together.

May God bless you and keep you

-Mariela

Zoii,

I had surgery in September of 2013 and I have had the same gain (about 50 lbs). I realized that I got away from the the 4 golden rules that I agreed too when I got this surgery

1) Protein first

2) Water water water

3) exercise

4) avoid snacking on empty calories

After I lost my weight, I threw those basics out the window and started eating as though I didn't suffer from obesity. We can get this weight off, I went back to basics since Tuesday and have lost 5 pounds. Let's do this together.

May God bless you and keep you[emoji173]️

-Mariela

Thank you. Yes I need to get back on track. I'm not happy at all and very depressed. Thank you for support . I know God's got a plan and I'm so thankful to have you guys.

I was in a the same boat. I'm back to the basics and working out 5-6 days/week. I'm down 14 pounds of 25 I gained plus I wanna get to my goal weight. I started at 314. I'm at 188 now. We can do this!

I'm in the same boat, I had my surgery around the same time as you, though I only got down to 196 from 398, none of my stuff fit & I had to buy new clothes for the summer. I have so much loose skin on my belly, upper thighs, skin hanging off the sides if my knees & my arms, also turkey neck. A year n a half ago I started a new relationship, I'm embarrassed to get naked in front of him ( sorry if it's TMI) & since I moved I. with him I've gained 46lbs, & our sex life has come to a stand still. I've talked to him about it & he says it's not me he has a health issue that makes it uncomfortable, no to mention we both suffer from chronic pain, I want to believe him, but before I gained the extra weight it wasn't an issue, the more upset I get, the more I eat, just need some advice on jump starting my weight loss & need to know if anyone else has theses issues, we're not spring chickens, lol he's 60 & I just turned 55, any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I was in a the same boat. I'm back to the basics and working out 5-6 days/week. I'm down 14 pounds of 25 I gained plus I wanna get to my goal weight. I started at 314. I'm at 188 now. We can do this!

Go girl! You got this, very inspirational! Keep it up. Welcome!

I'm in the same boat, I had my surgery around the same time as you, though I only got down to 196 from 398, none of my stuff fit & I had to buy new clothes for the summer. I have so much loose skin on my belly, upper thighs, skin hanging off the sides if my knees & my arms, also turkey neck. A year n a half ago I started a new relationship, I'm embarrassed to get naked in front of him ( sorry if it's TMI) & since I moved I. with him I've gained 46lbs, & our sex life has come to a stand still. I've talked to him about it & he says it's not me he has a health issue that makes it uncomfortable, no to mention we both suffer from chronic pain, I want to believe him, but before I gained the extra weight it wasn't an issue, the more upset I get, the more I eat, just need some advice on jump starting my weight loss & need to know if anyone else has theses issues, we're not spring chickens, lol he's 60 & I just turned 55, any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Mary I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling about yourself. This is definitely a journey and one that has little to do with our bodies but everything to do with our mind and heart. I have come to learn that my weight is a direct manifestation of what I have going on inside, the bigger I get the more I am suppressing and not dealing with. I am barely scratching the surface and digging up the roots that caused me to be almost 300 pounds in the first place. It's only through my relationship with God that this is even possible. I bought the lie that if I look good, everything else will fall into place but it's not true! Yes we can get on a diet and continue the vicious cycle that we have been on our whole lives or we can get to the root of the issue which is the beginning of our journey. I encourage you to start that journey to getting to the root so you can be free and my journey began when I accepted Jesus into my heart and allowed God to show me who I really am apart from my relationships, my career, or what I think about myself.

Some physical things you can implement are getting back to the basics of what you were doing when you first had surgery. Protein, protein, protein! Cut the carbs, up the Water and get your body moving. You can do this!! It's not over, you are on this earth for a reason and have so much to offer every person you come in contact with. Praying for you Mary