Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG. It is almost time. I go in on the 29th...

I have allowed myself to eat like absolute crap for the past 6 weeks and I learned that I am completely over food. I am ready but am getting super nervous. I am going on my own which was my choice but now...ugh. Someone talk me down. I am freaking out. o.O

Did you not have to do a preop liver shrink diet?
I almost walked out while waiting for surgery. It got delayed and although I'm no superstitious in the least I decided it was a sign and we should leave and go to Waffle House. I started crying and freaking out. They came right when I was in peak panic and got me. I had the surgery and woke up so happy. Don't allow nerves to rob you of your dreams.

No, I am "low bmi" so I go liquid 2 days prior. Tomorrow ous my last day of food. Who did u use?

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG. It is almost time. I go in on the 29th...

I have allowed myself to eat like absolute crap for the past 6 weeks and I learned that I am completely over food. I am ready but am getting super nervous. I am going on my own which was my choice but now...ugh. Someone talk me down. I am freaking out. o.O

I was going to go with your doctor and facility. I've yet to read something negative anywhere about them. So at least you know you'll be treated wonderfully. Right up until surgery I had already decided that if they canceled me this is where I was going. Good luck!

Thank you. I haven't ever read anything about my surgeon either. Having lived in Mexico before, my nerves have nothing to do with that. I think it is the "omg... what a giant, living change". I am not having second thoughts...i am just having a nervous breakdown.
Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Since you have not yet had surgery, I would recommend three things.

1. Take a good before photograph of yourself, so that you have something to compare to after surgery. Many times we are blind to our obesity. We do not see ourselves. Therefore when the weight begins to drop off rather dramatically, we question if this is really happening. Photographs are a good visualization of our success. Many people carry a before and after photo with them, just to remind themselves of their success.
2. Walk 30 minutes each day, every day until surgery (or equivalent exercise). Walking helps the recovery process go smoothly and minimized the pain levels from surgery.
3. Wean yourself from caffeine and carbonated beverages now. After I gave up my 6 diet coke a day habit, I suffered from a week of severe withdrawal syndrome consisting of severe headaches and body aches. I was miserable. You don't want to combine the effects of caffeine withdrawal with the effects of surgery.

Congratulations! I was a low BMI when I had my surgery too. Now, in 3 months, I'm only 29 lbs from goal! Best thing I have every done for myself!!!

Thank you everyone! Today I start my 72 hour liquid diet. So far I am too nervous/excited to eat anyways. LOL

Quick questions:

I couldn't find Gas X strips so I bought the chewable tablets. I thought worst case scenario I could suck on them. Opinions on that?

Edited by Aijan

The tablets are fine if you ever need them for gas in your digestive tract. But if you bought Gas-X to relieve the pain of CO2 gas in your abdominal cavity after laparoscopic surgery they won't help. That pain is only made better by lots of walking and time. It's an Internet myth that Gas-X strips are helpful in that situation.

Good luck with your 48 hour liquid diet and surgery!

Edited by MarinaGirl

I thought that seemed odd but at this point, I didn't want to be without just in case. LOL

I thought that seemed odd but at this point, I didn't want to be without just in case. LOL

I had no CO2 gas pain after surgery. I wish the same for you.

I did it! My plane landed at 10:30. I was in having my surgery around 2 (I think). The whole thing went so fast I didn't have time to be nervous.

Things to note:

The gas pain sucks. As others mentioned, Gas X will not help this out. It is CO2 in the body cavity. Walking a lot is difficult because there isn't a lot places to walk while in the hospital except the bariatric hallway. I am hungry. LOL I feel the little sip of Soup I get will a) immediately fill me up and B) be sheer heaven.

There are 3 other people here but I haven't seen them leave their rooms. :/ I want someone to come walk with me. haha