Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so i had my surgery on the 18th, everything went well, no complications, got discharged the next day. told me that if i dont go to the bathroom by sunday to take mirolax. so i did half dose last night& the rest this morning. i just wanna know if anyone has any suggestions that will make me go to the bathroom. sorry if its a bit tmi but its scaring me because i am in discomfort from being bloated and it makes me not want my Protein Shakes, and me not having Protein shakes makes me incredibly dizzy and weak, which makes me unable to walk a lot which is what i should be doing to let the gas out. i just wanna know if anyone had this same problem and what would they recommend

I would keep taking the Miralax. It took about 3 days of taking it- full dose- before it kicked in for me.

Smooth Move tea might help as well it's very good for getting your first movement

SW: 328
CW: 256
GW: 150
Surgery date: January 12, 2017

It took me 7-days to go. I had nothing but warm tea and hot baths. I would force myself to walk. I was not very happy because it was causing back pains. I also used a warm compress on my tummy to help relax and try to release some of the gas.

This is the part that sucks, but you need to keep taking the Miralax and force yourself to walk - even if it's only down the street and back or laps around your living room. I also saw that you said you split the dosage of the Miralax. Obviously, if that's what your doctor told you to do, then you should keep doing it that way; if not, take the whole dose. If you're afraid of a blowout - don't be, it's super gentle and just helps get things moving.

Edited by MeltsIntoWonder

I was having that same problem I couldn't go for weeks it was annoying me so I started using ducolax suppositories and that helped a lot now I just take Miralax once a day and doctor prescribed stool softener twice a day

Brandnewred - are you taking any pain killers?

Walk as much as you can. Take the dosage you are supposed to and it will get better. After about two months for me things started getting back to normal without having to use anything.

Walk, drink, and keep up on that Miralax! My surgery was on a Monday and I didn't "go" until Saturday.

Colace has worked for me and that it was my surgeon recommended.

I too have wicked gas and did Smooth Move tea. My surgery was 25 May and today I was blessed with a number 2. I use Bio Freeze for back rub to ease spasms. Helps tremendously! Wish the gas would pass faster... but so far tolerating everything ok

I am surprised that Probiotics aren't more strongly recommended. I had started taking VSL3 probiotic about 6 weeks before surgery at the recommendation of my doctor because I was on heavy antibiotics for a leg injury. The probiotics impacted my sense of wellbeing so dramatically I kept taking them. I had. BM two days after surgery and have been regular since.

Honestly, coffee got me to go. I'm not a regular coffee drinker so having a cup got me moving again.