Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm noticing that every surgeon requires something different. You have to b on a liquid diet at least 2-3 days before right? Some are asked to be on one for 13 days

You weren't replying to me but I'm just a light Breakfast (eggs or whatever) and liquids for one day before like I was getting a colonoscopy. Then I drink this high sugar ensure on the way to the hospital.

You weren't replying to me but I'm just a light breakfast (eggs or whatever) and liquids for one day before like I was getting a colonoscopy. Then I drink this high sugar ensure on the way to the hospital.

Oh ok! Wow high sugar? Interesting mine has me on a low to zero sugar. I'm dying to eat French fries lol.

5 days out and I feel good. Incisions are tender but that's it. I just have to work on getting more fluids in me. I swear I feel like I'm drinking constantly but my glass is almost never empty. I have found that if I drink something other than plain drinking Water, I tend to drink more. I guess for now I'll just keep drinking something!

5 days out and I feel good. Incisions are tender but that's it. I just have to work on getting more fluids in me. I swear I feel like I'm drinking constantly but my glass is almost never empty. I have found that if I drink something other than plain drinking Water, I tend to drink more. I guess for now I'll just keep drinking something!

Awesome! That's why they suggested crystal light.. fruit punch is my favorite. Eat crushed ice

Oh ok! Wow high sugar? Interesting mine has me on a low to zero sugar. I'm dying to eat French fries lol.

It has something to do with producing better surgical outcomes. It provides your body with the energy it needs to get through the surgery better.

I am in Pittsburgh and my surgery is July 31

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Just thought I,d say hi. Since we re close. I have my final dr. Mon. The 10th. Surgery sometime August. I am in Franklin, having surgery in Erie, Hamot. Good luck. We should stay in touch.

My date is July 31! Very excited and nervous!

On 7/7/2017 at 10:09 AM, kcmonkmi6912 said:

Mine is scheduled for July 31st in Ann Arbor Michigan. Preop diet started this Monday. 4 weeks for me. It's rough but excited for the journey (scared too) Good luck to all of us in July!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is the same day. My surgeon wanted me on the liver-shrinking pre-op diet for at least 28 days, but I'll end up doing almost 6 weeks by the time of the surgery. The first days were tough, I mean crying tough. I was so surprised because I had done really well on the practice diet! Now things are better. How are you doing on the pre-op diet?

On 6/8/2017 at 2:03 PM, DedicatedLady said:

I'll admit immediately that I am UNBELIEVABLY jealous of every one of those awesome preparation items! If I hadn't spent $500 on the Vitaleph kits last night I would take this idea and do exactly the same thing. I'll have to wait a bit before I spoil myself as good as you did. I'm very impressed:1311_thumbsup_tone2::D

Hi, My surgery is July 17th. I just read this post and checked out the Vitaelph. OMG that is very expensive. My surgeon wrote a prescription for for my Vitamins and he sent it in to Nutrition Direct. It is going to cost $25.00 pr/mo total and they will mail them to my house every month.

My surgery date is July 13th. I'm so ready!

I'm July 13th too!

I'm noticing that every surgeon requires something different. You have to b on a liquid diet at least 2-3 days before right? Some are asked to be on one for 13 days

My surgeon varies in his pre-op liquid diet length patient to patient. For me he wanted the full liquid jet for 14 days. The day before surgery is Clear Liquids only.

On 5/31/2017 at 1:23 PM, Chelsi69 said:

Got my surgery date.....July 19th!!!!

I'm on the 18th 😁

On 7/7/2017 at 11:26 AM, qy22 said:

So is mine.

When do you start your pre op diet. I have endoscopy on July 20th.

My Dr has not started me on any pre op diet.🤔 I don't see him until the endoscopy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I started Phase One last week and on the 17th I start Phase Two. However, I have already began incorporating in Protein Shakes at least 1 per day. I have to attend 4 hour educational class 5 days prior to surgery and then see surgeon for preop on the 27th.

Phase 1 pre-op diet

1. No starches or simple sugars(no bread Pasta rice candy or other sweets)
  2. Cut meal portions in half
  3. Eat lean Proteins like chicken and fish. Have a fresh fruit or vegetable with each meal.
  4. Consume two servings of dairy per day skim milk or low-fat yogurt are good examples
  5. Take an adult Multivitamin two times per day
  6. Exercise at least 15 minutes five days a week and increase the time weekly

image.jpg