Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel?

I think if I hear that one more time I am going to throat punch someone. I get so tired of hearing that. Is it just a common response to me answering the question of, "How did you lose so much weight?" or is it just because I feel like I don't want to deal with anyone or anything right now?

Hope you feel better!

The query , "How do you feel", is actually a nice thing to say after finding out someone had surgery. Lol.

Methinks you just need a little vacation if social pleasantries get you down...

Thanks. I have been in a great mood for months, now for some reason I just feel meh and people get on my nerves. Not really sure what is going on. Part of it maybe that I hate being the center of attention (abusive step monster made it so I had to fly below the radar).

2 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

The query , "How do you feel", is actually a nice thing to say after finding out someone had surgery. Lol.

Methinks you just need a little vacation if social pleasantries get you down...

Yeah, you might be right.

I would much rather someone say "How do you feel?" than "Are you ok?" or "You look great!"

"How do you feel?" indicates they care about me and more than just on the surface.

Anytime I've had a question become annoying I start flipping the question back on them when answering. To this question, I would probably start replying "good, thanks, and you?"
It's not mean or offensive. It does get subtle points across. Especially to people who literally won't stop asking

HW: 328 (02/21/17)
CW: 275 (preop 53# disowned)

15 minutes ago, MowryRocks said:

I would much rather someone say "How do you feel?" than "Are you ok?" or "You look great!"

"How do you feel?" indicates they care about me and more than just on the surface.

I would agree with @MowryRocks. I always think that it is nice that people actually care about me and my journey.

I do understand the entire "being the center of attention" issue, though. But, when you lose 200 pounds (in my case), I suppose that is just part of the experience. Anyone that knows me (and has known me) is going to want to talk about the weight loss. The only place I would be completely inconspicuous is in a room full of strangers (which is nice sometimes...).

In a company of over 500 employees, I get 5-10 comments a day. I have to say, I have days like that too. I just want to go about life in a "normal" manner. Without someone making a comment about my weight loss. Yes, I am thrilled, and I know people are excited for me and feel they have to acknowledge it and find out the "secret", but I just want to blend in. I just have my answers down now - How did you lose your weight? Exercise and eating right. How do you feel? Great, thanks. I hope you don't lose too much weight? I'm sure you'll let me know if I do.

3 minutes ago, YeaMe said:

I know people are excited for me and feel they have to acknowledge it and find out the "secret", but I just want to blend in.

That is how I feel.

Tell them you feel pretty good but that you have a side effect which makes you grab boobs uncontrollably.

HHHHMMMMM!!!!!! Interesting. I may have to try that. LOL

It is time for a vacation. I do agree that it gets tiring when people constantly ask you questions about your weight loss and what you eat? However, it is just people whom are curious.

I think alot of people considering wls are the ones who might be asking these questions because they are fearful of their own surgery coming up.

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app