Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in the St. Louis area?

Where are you having surgery? Who is your Dr? There is a support group that meets in STL County. I have never been but it exists.

I am at Des Peres Hospital with Dr. Lederer. I absolutely love this man. Great concern for the patient and has a sense of humor!

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using BariatricPal mobile app

im in stl....sleeve june 6....going to mexico...insurance wouldn't cover...i'm on day 4 pre op..... where and when is the support group? does it cost?

6 hours ago, CharlyScott said:

I am at Des Peres Hospital with Dr. Lederer. I absolutely love this man. Great concern for the patient and has a sense of humor!

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery at Des Peres, but with a different Dr. They will take great care of you in the hospital. A lot of the nurses on the floor are sleevers too!

@stlclg

You can send an email to the leader for more information

I meant to say that Dr Lederer shows great concern for his patients .

I wish mine would have been at Des Peres as I'm ~5 mins away. My doctor (Dr. Jay Snow) is south of stl ~35/40 mins out.

--to have had nurses who are "sleevers" would have been great/encouraging also!!

I wish there was a support group that met closer to me. Driving 40 mins without traffic / arriving at 5/5:30 during the week doesn't work. [emoji20]

im in stl....sleeve june 6....going to mexico...insurance wouldn't cover...i'm on day 4 pre op..... where and when is the support group? does it cost?

I noticed a support group on meetup.com (free), however it doesn't look very active...

Best of luck on your travel and upcoming surgery. My insurance wouldn't cover either - disappointing!!

My nurse that was sleeved gave me a great view of post-op life, a very realistic one. Better than I have ever got from anyone on forums and more realistic than what the Dr and Nutritionist could provide.

When you check it at Des Peres, you really don't have to bring anything, they provide everything you need.

I wish I could find a meeting close to me. I am 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis. I am very grateful that the insurance company directed me to this clinic. OutsideMatchInside I want to take a moment to thank you for all of your post and input. I read each one and no I am not stalking you :-)

2 hours ago, stlsleeve said:

I wish mine would have been at Des Peres as I'm ~5 mins away. My doctor (Dr. Jay Snow) is south of stl ~35/40 mins out.

--to have had nurses who are "sleevers" would have been great/encouraging also!!

I wish there was a support group that met closer to me. Driving 40 mins without traffic / arriving at 5/5:30 during the week doesn't work.

I'm having my surgery tomorrow, May 24, with Dr. Snow. Like stlsleeve, I live a LONG way from Festus/Crystal City, and I'm a self-pay (I'd have to gain about 40 lbs. for my employer to cover my surgery). But, I like Dr. Snow and I'm excited to get the ball rolling.

I am interested in an STL support group is one is up and running!

@CharlyScott

Are you Southern Illinois like Carbondale southern or mid central like Springfield? I know that memorial has a program in Springfield and I am sure they have meetings.

I am in between Quincy and Springfield. I am going to check and see what is in my area. I started out at Memorial with their program but on the advice of my insurance company I changed clinics. Long story on that one.

CAL-GAL-IN-MO good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I will be praying for you and you will be in my thoughts. Just remember you've got this and you will succeed.