Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Post As A Pre-Op

I finally received the call for surgery, tomorrow I arrive at the hospital 5:30am. I'm excited, and nervous.

It's been emotional for me. I had nearly no support from anyone, this was all me. My partner had enough on his own plate that he couldn't be concerned. My friends had left my side when I discovered my father had cancer. There was drama related stress as well. Anyone who has loved ones who have cancer, or has personally been afflicted with cancer knows what I'm talking about. Sometimes you learn who your friends are when put to the test. My mother, who I'm close to, has forgotten the surgery and I can't blame her -

Plus my period started, lol.

Good times!

I've had good cries in private, but I also suck it up.

I'm optimistic about starting this next chapter in my life. It's bitter sweet. I've been looking back at how I got this big to begin with, and I find myself riding emotional highs and lows when confronted with the situations, people, and personal actions that got me this way. And I know just when I realized I wouldn't be able to lose it anymore the old fashioned way. I knew when and how I had screwed up my metabolism, and will power.

This process took over a year, and that's long time.

I've decided to pack very light. Throat spray, one pair of pajamas, undies, pads, slippers (slides) and the clothes on my back. My C-pap. Nothing more. No need. Gas X doesn't help with the kind of gas they pump into you, walking will. I didn't want to make a huge production of it.

I'm also proud of myself for hitting my twenty pound weight loss goal today. Everything connected to this moment kind of moved at a snail's pace, but also fell into place.

I feel so fortunate and blessed to have this opportunity for a surgery that many would like to have but cannot afford. It's a privilege for me to have this surgery. The pre-op showed me what I'm capable of. 20 pounds in 23 days is, AMAZING.

See those of you sleeved the same day as me or close to, on the other side of this, and the rest of you too. I hate saying see you on the "losers bench" - it sounds so wrong somehow. I get what it means but... still.

Besides, I'm not a loser, but a winner. So are the people who undergo weight loss surgery ~

32 minutes ago, MBird said:

I finally received the call for surgery, tomorrow I arrive at the hospital 5:30am. I'm excited, and nervous.

It's been emotional for me. I had nearly no support from anyone, this was all me. My partner had enough on his own plate that he couldn't be concerned. My friends had left my side when I discovered my father had cancer. There was drama related stress as well. Anyone who has loved ones who have cancer, or has personally been afflicted with cancer knows what I'm talking about. Sometimes you learn who your friends are when put to the test. My mother, who I'm close to, has forgotten the surgery and I can't blame her -

Plus my period started, lol.

Good times!

I've had good cries in private, but I also suck it up.

I'm optimistic about starting this next chapter in my life. It's bitter sweet. I've been looking back at how I got this big to begin with, and I find myself riding emotional highs and lows when confronted with the situations, people, and personal actions that got me this way. And I know just when I realized I wouldn't be able to lose it anymore the old fashioned way. I knew when and how I had screwed up my metabolism, and will power.

This process took over a year, and that's long time.

I've decided to pack very light. Throat spray, one pair of pajamas, undies, pads, slippers (slides) and the clothes on my back. My C-pap. Nothing more. No need. Gas X doesn't help with the kind of gas they pump into you, walking will. I didn't want to make a huge production of it.

I'm also proud of myself for hitting my twenty pound weight loss goal today. Everything connected to this moment kind of moved at a snail's pace, but also fell into place.

I feel so fortunate and blessed to have this opportunity for a surgery that many would like to have but cannot afford. It's a privilege for me to have this surgery. The pre-op showed me what I'm capable of. 20 pounds in 23 days is, AMAZING.

See those of you sleeved the same day as me or close to, on the other side of this, and the rest of you too. I hate saying see you on the "losers bench" - it sounds so wrong somehow. I get what it means but... still.

Besides, I'm not a loser, but a winner. So are the people who undergo weight loss surgery ~

So exciting! Good Luck the surgery will go great. Tomorrow is the start of something new! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have also lost three loved ones to cancer so I understand what you are going through. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using BariatricPal mobile app

So exciting! Good Luck the surgery will go great. Tomorrow is the start of something new! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Thank you!!! I'm very excited [emoji4]

Have fun. Chances are you'll wake up after surgery and realize it wasn't so bad. Just make sure they run your painkillers through the IV at regular intervals.

You know it!

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have also lost three loved ones to cancer so I understand what you are going through. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much, that's so kind of you.

I'm so proud of YOU! I'm ecited for this next chapter for all of us. Thank you for sharing ur story.

You will hear from me soon, I'll be discharged tomorrow and will let you know [emoji1317]

Mind if I message through here?

Thank you for such kind words, too

Have fun. Chances are you'll wake up after surgery and realize it wasn't so bad. Just make sure they run your painkillers through the IV at regular intervals.

Oh they're running them all right [emoji1303]

I'm flying the friendly skies as I type lol

Update for everybody - I was in a lot of pain waking up, didn't complain. I got the speech "walk, breathe, sip" and sucked on ice.

The woman near me though?! Lawdy, she moaned in perfect rhythm, like bad sec or a dog - the Nurse was kind but let her in on the secret it wouldn't help her out lol

I did all my case manager told me to do.

Walked every three hours, sipped my Water and broth, didn't go to pain meds until four or so hours after. I breathed in an apparatus they gave to prevent pneumonia once and hour, while in between took long breaths, and held them in until exhaling slowly. Let me tell you, those worked wonders with gas and chest pain.

In between your beasts will be serous pain from the gas, breathing is crucial. Just as walking is.

Thirteen hours later I'm doing exceeding well. No nausea, and no burning or pain when drinking cold or warm. No real discomfort, I really took the Dilaudid for fun lol.

Now I've no gas really, most is gone, again no pain there only sore. Didn't use Gas-X, didn't even bring it because it doesn't help with the gas pumped into the body. The Doc, his PA, the NA, and Nurse confirmed only walking does, so walking it was.

Now I'm relaxing, drinking just fine and managed 24, maybe more, ounces of water since out of surgery. I didn't include the chicken broth in those ounces. I did eat half a teeny serving of lemon and lime jell-O, making it almost one tiny container - the tiny containers of jell-O are roughly the size of a sauce container provided you for food at any fast food or Chinese restaurant.

This evening I took a bird bath with nice scented and warm towelettes, which were heated. I brushed my hair, and changed into my own PJ's. I also brushed my teeth and used deodorant. It was wonderful, as I had no issues lifting my legs to wash, or bending down to pick up anything, or when I sit and stand. I experienced no dizziness and owed regularly. My abdomen was just a little sore, like I had a good work out.

My last two laps around the hospital floor were two, rather than one.

I made my own bed tonight. That was easy peasy.

I'm also so darn glad I brought chapstick and throat spray with me - those two things alone were really, REALLY, necessary!

The staff here has been incredible, honestly they are the most accommodating and kind people. Not one negative person, these people are so patient.

My period had started the day before my scheduled surgery - now this is the really odd part - I have Menorrhagia, have had it since I was 21. At one point I had an IUD, it was more trouble than worth by causing menstrual cramps nearly everyday of the month. I guess my body rejected it, after that the bleeding lightened but was still a bit heavy, but I digress. My point is this is the lightest period I've ever had in my life. I spotted! I have never spotted. Not once. My periods come with vengeance, like the Great Crimson Tide Of The North. But this one is like a timid little mouse lol.

Nothing. So I wear a clean pad.

Truly someone has been watching over me.

Tomorrow I'm discharged after I go over things with the PA, and Nutritionist.

It's been very eye opening to say the least, and I finally proved to my partner my tolerance to pain is pretty high. And now he gets to see how resilient I am so Boom! In your face doubting tom lol

There is my update, I'll keep you guys posted. I'm considering a blog. I'm not sure people read the bariatric blogs but maybe it will help someone out there.

Thank you all for such encouragement and kind feedback to my post. It was very nice to read such positive vibes.

I'm hoping things are going well with you guys, and that if you had the surgery you're doing well and if you haven't had it, you do well when you do!

Group Hug!

(I'm high off this Dilaudid, don't judge me for riding the love rainbow lol

Group hug!!! Love it [emoji173]️
I'm really glad you're doing ok. Thanks for sharing!