Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am preparing my budget and lifestyle toward Premier Protein being my Liquid Protein supplement. My nutrition class is on June 20. I have started incorporating premier Protein as a Meal Replacement for Breakfast. I like to be prepared for my new lifestyle. My surgery is July 17 2017. I have already set up a re ocurring shipment through shop premier protein. Caramel is hard to find in my area so I figured to order it from them and the other flavors I can buy at Wamart. It is the best tasting protein supplement I have ever had so I plan to use it post op and for life in general. My question is can anyone tell me if their nutritionist allowed this as an approved pre op and post op? I have read that some doctors allow a light diet and others a clear. So is it based on what kind of diet the doctor puts you on? Or are some doctors and nutritionists ruling out premier protein no matter what type of diet they put you on pre op?

Sent from my LG-H811 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am preparing my budget and lifestyle toward Premier Protein being my liquid Protein supplement. My nutrition class is on June 20. I have started incorporating premier protein as a meal replacement for breakfast. I like to be prepared for my new lifestyle. My surgery is July 17 2017. I have already set up a re ocurring shipment through shop premier protein. Caramel is hard to find in my area so I figured to order it from them and the other flavors I can buy at Wamart. It is the best tasting protein supplement I have ever had so I plan to use it post op and for life in general. My question is can anyone tell me if their nutritionist allowed this as an approved pre op and post op? I have read that some doctors allow a light diet and others a clear. So is it based on what kind of diet the doctor puts you on? Or are some doctors and nutritionists ruling out premier protein no matter what type of diet they put you on pre op?

My program allows premier protein. Also try to submit your information to insurenutrition.com and see if your insurance will approve the shakes for you. It takes about a week or two to find out. I get 4 cases of 18 a month, although they only have choc, van, and strawberry.< br>
Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Every program is different. Check with your team. In my program, I didn't do a 2 week pre-op mostly liquid diet. Instead, I was on 800-1000 calories very low fat high Protein for the two weeks prior to surgery with 60 grams of protein at day. I started using shakes well before surgery for breakfast and now, almost 9 month post-op, I probably have a shake for breakfast 4 days a week.

I think as you get to post-op, after the liquid diet (I was allowed Protein Drinks immediate after surgery), I alternated between using Protein Powder and liquid protein.

This morning is 10 ounces of coconut milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder and a handful of frozen tropic fruit in the blender. That will hold me easily until lunch - about 230 calories and 25 g protein. If I want to beef it up, I'll use Fairlife Skim Milk for another 13g of protein.

You may find post-surgery that the taste or texture of the pre-made drinks may be an issue, so don't stock up too much, You're tastebuds change in those first few weeks after surgery.

Hi! I agree with you that Premier Protein has the best flavor. My nutritionist had no problem with it. The problem I did have was being able to consume any Protein drinks since my sleeve on April 24. Nothing agrees with me. I was told to stop drinking them for about a month or two and then try again. I have also tried Ensure, Glucerna, Muscle Milk, Carnation Instant Breakfast. I was then told that 90% of their patients can't tolerate artificial sweetners. Nice finding this out after I stocked up on everything low fat, no fat. So, I have been carefully eating regular foods, finding out what agrees with me and what doesn't.

Sent from my LG-D851 using BariatricPal mobile app

My program allows Premier Protein. Also try to submit your information to insurenutrition.com and see if your insurance will approve the shakes for you. It takes about a week or two to find out. I get 4 cases of 18 a month, although they only have choc, van, and strawberry.< br>
Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for that information. I appreciate it

Every program is different. Check with your team. In my program, I didn't do a 2 week pre-op mostly liquid diet. Instead, I was on 800-1000 calories very low fat high Protein for the two weeks prior to surgery with 60 grams of protein at day. I started using shakes well before surgery for breakfast and now, almost 9 month post-op, I probably have a shake for breakfast 4 days a week.

I think as you get to post-op, after the liquid diet (I was allowed protein drinks immediate after surgery), I alternated between using protein powder and liquid protein.

This morning is 10 ounces of coconut milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder and a handful of frozen tropic fruit in the blender. That will hold me easily until lunch - about 230 calories and 25 g protein. If I want to beef it up, I'll use Fairlife Skim Milk for another 13g of protein.

You may find post-surgery that the taste or texture of the pre-made drinks may be an issue, so don't stock up too much, You're tastebuds change in those first few weeks after surgery.

Thank you for responding. I did read somewhere about the taste buds may change post op. Trial and error type thing with this. I will plan to look into other Protein Shakes to serve as a backup if my taste buds cant take the Premier Protein. Thank you