Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I am 8 days post- op and I can honestly say I have not felt any regret at all. I would just take everything one day at time. Everyday will get better and you will most likely feel differently this time next week. I know everyones experience is different so I can only relay how I have been feeling.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Had my first follow up today. Told the surgeon the first week I had nothing but regret. Now I am doing much better. It sucks that our whole life has to change in order to be healthy and we can't eat like we used to. My surgeon said with time I will be able to eat...small amounts and only things I can tolerate lol. But you know what?? I am slowly getting healthy. My blood sugar has been below 150 for the past two weeks on one Medication...my numbers usually run around 200... have faith.

1 hour ago, julsfit said:

We both got lucky! I had the same procedures 3/22 and stopped taking meds the day after I got home!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I haven't taken any meds for my diabetes since the day before my surgery. I was given one dose of insulin the first night in the hospital as my bs spiked to 225. Everyday since it has been completely normal between 75-120. So far so good. i am so happy with this outcome thus far.

Awee, I understand. Today I was sleeved and this hurts! It's painful. But you know, it's ok, the tummy will heal, I'll lose, and be on to the next chapter of my life, and so will you.

You got this.

It's normal to question what we've done, someone got in there and altered us for life, but think how much we stumbled and fell, we suffered without this tool -

I'm aware of the phases I'm going though and wait them out. I'm happier looking at my future, wearing what I want, walking without being out of breath, eating less bad food, eating less food period, experiencing things I couldn't before.

Yes, it's scary but so worth it in the long run.

You'll see.

My heart is with you, hang in there, you can do this!

On 5/18/2017 at 10:20 AM, loveleee123 said:

Help! 2 days post, feeling regret,pain don't no what to do with myself!

It is okay. I had regret. I call it buyers remorse. It will make you rethink every life decision you made. However, I promise you being that I am 2 months post-op, it gets easier and you will feel better. Right now it is uncomfortable and the pain maybe unbearable but do know it gets betters. I do not regret it now at all.

Remember, this is a non refundable transaction, you cannot take it back. You can only think positive and push forward.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel! As much as we prepare, I think sometimes we really don't let it sink in how much this surgery is going to affect us those first few weeks. What you are going through right now is mostly due to the surgery itself and healing, not your diet. After a major surgery, your body needs time to heal. I know we all know that, but I don't think we let it sink in. Being on a liquid diet for those first few weeks really sucks! But it is very temporary. As cliché as it sounds, you just have to hang in there for a few weeks to give your stomach time to heal. I remember by two weeks I pretty much felt fantastic. Now I am 4 1/2 months out and mostly forget I even had a surgery. Nothing feels abnormal about the way I eat. You learn your limits quickly, and you don't miss being able to eat a ton. I eat whatever I want, but my portions are considerably smaller. And it does not feel like I am limiting myself because I get full quickly. This is normal to me now and I like it. I actually look at a regular portion size for other adults and I am just flabbergasted that they can eat that much. So give yourself time and don't be too hard on yourself.

I am 3 weeks post OP...and believe me.. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.... I laid in bed every night for the first few days wishing I could go back to before. I was wishing that I never did it. I thought that I had made the biggest mistake and was actually very mad at myself and kept telling my spouse how stupid I was :).... The reason I tell you this is so that you understand the level of regret that is NORMAL. I know its so hard to understand that you will get through the regret and end up being so thankful that you did it! But give yourself a few weeks and you will be comforting someone else on here and telling them how you got through the regret and are now thankful that you made it. Just remember , if we could have done this on our own,.... we would have. We needed help. Just remember why you did it. Find yourself something to do in those moments of regret.. Crossword puzzle, play games on on ipad, watch your favorite movies, call a friend and just talk... anything to keep your mind occupied.

I am 1 month out today and still having regrets. I live with a constant stomach ache and low energy even though I am eating and taking my supplements. I had complications in the hospital which kept me in for another week. I made this decision for my health, but I feel worse now than before I had this done.

Sent from my LG-D851 using BariatricPal mobile app

Post up 5 months.. what a difference from the first few weeks/ two months.

I can absolutely relate with everyone who are having regrets.. second thoughts if this was a wise decision. Shortly after my surgery I hit rock bottom.. became very depressed and regretted my decision each and every hour of the day. The first two / three months are the worst and the most challenging. But I can honestly tell you today.. 5 months later .. I am feeling so much better. Being able to introduce foods again has helped with with emotional and mental healing. Can eat a little more food now but still listen to my body and know when it's time to stop. I have lost 70 pounds and still losing slowly. Give yourself time.. it will get better. Glad your connected to this website because this was a life saver for me. Support is so important. I also connected with other vsg members via youtube.. check it out. .. hang in there.. it will get better.

It's complicated, I guess. I'm four weeks out, and I don't feel regret about the operation - I'm sure it'll add years to my life - but I often miss being able to eat "normally". Like, leftover pizza slice in the fridge, I look at it, and I wish I could have it. When eating with friends, they've got plates full of food, and I've got like... an eighth to a quarter. This stuff eases up over time, I know, but the thought that I'll never be able to eat a whole sandwich again makes me a bit sad.

Yes.. that is exactly what happens to me.. The lost of not being able to eat normal again saddens me as well. Not only related to our favorite foods, but even healthy meals... This surgery is a tool given to us to improve our health and break out of our unhealthy habits.. but it also takes away an aspect of our lives that is pleasurable.. enjoying good food. but this is our norm .. and there's no turning back. Our mission now is to develop our new normal and continue to work on improving quality of life.. Many say this is cheating or quick fix.. they have no idea...

43 minutes ago, joannrmn said:

Yes.. that is exactly what happens to me.. The lost of not being able to eat normal again saddens me as well. Not only related to our favorite foods, but even healthy meals... This surgery is a tool given to us to improve our health and break out of our unhealthy habits.. but it also takes away an aspect of our lives that is pleasurable.. enjoying good food. but this is our norm .. and there's no turning back. Our mission now is to develop our new normal and continue to work on improving quality of life.. Many say this is cheating or quick fix.. they have no idea...

This is the hardest thing I've EVER done! I wish people who felt it was easy way out would do it themselves. This is literally like being reborn and starting over, accept you have memories of your prior eating habits & etc. we are pioneers for this life saving procedure & im content. Our stomachs naturally was the size of a fist but people stretched out their stomachs overtime. If you look at what a normal meal looks like we see we were eating horribly wrong. I couldn't have done it without this tool. I want to eat small portions for the rest of my life.