Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

After after 7 months, and 1 lap bad removal, I have my sleeve date! AUGUST 30th, 2017. Are any of you sleepers in August? Where are you in the process? Are you nervous? Who's your doctor? What facility are you having your surgery at? Is your insurance paying for it or are you self-pay?

I am not gonna lie, after coming to in the ER after my lap band removal last month, I am a little nervous. I am healing very well, although I managed to pull my side oblique muscles on the right by falling out of bed (more like sliding), I am amazed at how much more painful the band removal was in comparison to having it put in in July of 2005. I had nothing by misery during the 12 years that I had it. I am 10 pounds higher than I ever was pre lap band, and am down 20 since having the land removed. I am just so happy that I am able to eat without having some sort of episode when I eat, but know that if don't control that ability, that I will have even more extra wight to lose in the end.

I'd love to hear from everyone!

I also have sleeve surgery scheduled for August 1st date. I have first surgery to remove prior problems June 1st and then sleeve August 1st. Would you like to be August 1st Buddies? I can probably find more people also that are August sleeves to join us

I am scheduled Sept 20. I scheduled far out cause of few things going on. My third time approved and first time I chickened out. Second my ortho rehab Dr didn't want me to do this. This time I just have to. I am so uncomfortable and scared for me. But scared and doubting my own capabilities. I so focus on food now.

It's possible that I might be getting my sleeve in August. I'm still in the process of finishing up my medical weight loss classes (I'll be finished on the 13th of July) but I have been very proactive. I have an appointment with my regular therapist (who has already told me that she is comfortable with giving me the clearance) the day after my final class so I can have it ready for the first pre-op appointment. I'm about as complete as one can be (though I have been having some difficulty in getting my primary care provider's practice to release my medical records), so I'm hoping that because of my proactive stance, that I'll be able to have surgery in late August.

... However, early or mid-September is also possible. After all, I was told in the patient education seminar that it does take 6-8 weeks to get clearance from insurance.

On 5/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, Karenytrevision said:

I also have sleeve surgery scheduled for August 1st date. I have first surgery to remove prior problems June 1st and then sleeve August 1st. Would you like to be August 1st Buddies? I can probably find more people also that are August sleeves to join us

Good Luck with your VSG I am having my VSG on August 1st too! I am so excited and a little scared too if I am being honest. LOL

I was supposed to have surgery July 5th but it got pushed back for a genetic blood disorder that needs to be treated for 6 weeks before I can have surgery. I'm extremely discouraged and disappointed but have a new date of August 21st. Found out this afternoon that my surgeon is leaving and moving thousands of miles away...... meeting my new surgeon on Wednesday but I am really stressed about this entire ordeal. Looking forward to get everything settled and over with soon. On the bright side my VSG is completely covered by insurance and I received my approval the other day.

Good Luck with your VSG I am having my VSG on August 1st too! I am so excited and a little scared too if I am being honest. LOL

Hi! I'm also having my sleeve on August 1st! I'm also excited and scared LOL

7 hours ago, nicnic1706 said:

7 hours ago, nicnic1706 said:

Hi nicnic1706 - I feel good being a part of this community, Even though I am a newbie. one of the biggest reasons that I think I joined it is to give me strength and comfort before and after surgery. It is good to know others are feeling some of the same emotions about it and it's good we can laugh about it right! I am sure a year from now we will say 'why was I worried?'

I just booked August 21! I got the pre-op diet plan. Yikes. I'm supposed to start on an Atkins diet then two weeks on Protein Shakes and green vegetables. liquids only the last few days. I feel really god about my decision, so I'm going to give the prep my all.

Congrats on getting your dates!! I understand the "getting real" feeling.....same here! August 9 for me! I have been experiencing with different drinks and shakes....the Isopure from GNC is pretty good but leaves the mouth feeling dry...has anyone else tried these and had the same experience?

Sent from my VS987 using BariatricPal mobile app

The nutritionist encouraged me to buy this pre and post op package. I'll report back on it: https://www.vitaleph.com/products.html

Just confirmed band to sleeve revision 8/15/2017 with Dr. Ariel Ortiz @ OCC in Tijuana Mexico. Not really nervous at all. The band surgery was a breeze for me and I have had one other surgery (non weight loss) with no complications. I seem to recover well from injury and surgery, so it doesn't scare me much.

Banded 2/2009, had great success. Over 100 lbs lost, exceeded goal. Ran into trouble about a year ago with not being able to get the right adjustment and dealing with reflux. Decided the band has outlived it's life for me and I can't do it alone, so it's the sleeve for me.