Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New York City Sleevers NYC

Hi. Interesting. That must have extended it. When I did it, it was 4 months and a few coworkers also waited 4 months. The important thing is to get it done. Good luck

Thanks.. Yeah when I went to the seminal Dr. Merola said that most insurance now wants us to do six months..

Two questions.. How long after you finish all what they require were you approved? Did the 1199 gave u a hard time? How was ur process with them when u did it?

Sent from my D6503 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks.. Yeah when I went to the seminal Dr. Merola said that most insurance now wants us to do six months..

Two questions.. How long after you finish all what they require were you approved? Did the 1199 gave u a hard time? How was ur process with them when u did it?

Sent from my D6503 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok Once I did everything and the paper work was submitted by the hospital i was approved about a week later. Once I had the approval they were going to do the surgery two weeks after since they had an opening but I held off for a month later in order to prepare myself and properly do the 2 week preop diet. The only hard time I got from 1199 was that my doctor kept me out for the entire allowed time of 6 weeks due to fatigue. They only wanted to accept 3 weeks but it was resolved quickly once the surgeon spoke to them. That same day they approved my 6 weeks for my short term disability. Aside from that I didn't have any issues with them considering i work for 1199 but when it comes to disability they're very strict and require documents. There was no favors considering I work here .

Brooklyn here. Anyone else in Brooklyn? I could use a friend.-_-

Brooklyn here. Anyone else in Brooklyn? I could use a friend.[emoji42]

Hola. Upper Manhattan here. How are you? Used to live in Brooklyn [emoji3]

Cool. How are you? Are you preparing for surgery? Do you have a date?

20 hours ago, Sweetmel7 said:

Im from Brooklyn! I live in the border of bensonhurst/ borough park

We live so close! How are you doing so far? I am ok. Still trying to find foods I like. Nothing seems appealing to me.

When was your surgery? Do you cook? I did all my own cooking for the first 9 months after surgery to ensure my success.

We live so close! How are you doing so far? I am ok. Still trying to find foods I like. Nothing seems appealing to me.

I am over three years post op. I had the SADI with Dr. Roslin ! I went from 268 to 115/120. How far out are you?

Im doing well. I also go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week . This has nothing to do with maintaining my weight. I have MS so i make sure i go to mainly build strength in my legs and tone my body

Hi! Washington Heights here! Sleeved on 5/26 in Mexico. Going back to work on 6/3. Feel great and drinking lots of fluids. A little nervous about dealing with crowded subways post op but will take it one Day at a time. Nice to meet other New Yorkers!

Hi Staten Island here. Sleeved 2/23/17. Nyu .
HW 315
SW 298
CW 239
Emblem health - HIP. 6 months dr visits. NYU was great. Need to start exercising. Keep Protein high 75+, carbs low30, fat low30-40. Melting away. Feel full easily.

I know I have to start moving. I hate exercising. Got to find something I like.

I stick with the food I no I like . I enjoy meat, pork, and fish. I don't like turkey or chicken anymore. I am over three years post op. I like the fatty meats. My stomach likes it better.