Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I ate a whole Pizza. How??

Help :(

I am only 3 months in (sleeve surgery in Feb 2017)

I tottaly lost my journey and ate a whole pizza yesterday? By my self in my room and hid the box after?? What is wrong with me?

No restriction, no dumping, no pain? How is that even possible?

I don't know how it was physically possible as I dump on everything from eggs to nuts.. and I gag if I drink Water to fast??

Please tell me someone else has done something weird like this?

1 hour ago, allthisnmore said:

Help

I am only 3 months in (sleeve surgery in Feb 2017)

I tottaly lost my journey and ate a whole pizza yesterday? By my self in my room and hid the box after?? What is wrong with me?

I don't know how it was physically possible as I dump on everything from eggs to nuts.. and I gag if I drink Water to fast??

Please tell me someone else has done something weird like this?

You ate an entire box of pizza? I think you need to really remember why you had wls & understand the negative impacts you can have on your body by doing this. I don't understand how it's humanly possible to eat an entire box of pizza with a small tummy. You already ate the pizza so that's done, but I've not heard of anything like this before.

Edited by Deactivatedfatgal

Ok, so it happened. Whether anyone else did this really doesn't matter, because you need to focus on you.

Do you have a psychologist that is part of your journey? You need to get control of this immediately, or the surgery was for nothing. Your head needs to be in the right place, and you need help getting it there.

Absolutely! This is definitely a head issue. Find a psychologist that specializes in eating disorders if you can.

In the meantime, you need a meal plan that works for you that you don't allow yourself to deviate from. If you need help making one up, just ask.

2 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

Absolutely! This is definitely a head issue. Find a psychologist that specializes in eating disorders if you can.

In the meantime, you need a meal plan that works for you that you don't allow yourself to deviate from. If you need help making one up, just ask.

Meal plan.. on it..

I have been deciding what to make on a day to day basis so far and then just eating the same meal over the day in portains. Besides yesterday's episode it was Soups and scrambled eggs with Optifast shakes.

Not exactly exciting so a head in the right direction for meal planning would be REALLY appreciated.

I had one session on discharge with dietitian but she just gave me booklets on what to do directly after surgery.

What do others do? Is it worth linking in with dietitian?

You don't need us to tell you that you made a mistake. You knew before you started this thread. Don't beat yourself up anymore. That episode is over. It's done. It's in the past. What matters now is what you do next. You already know what to do. Good luck!

Thank you. Been a rough day of wallowing and upset... on the upside I found this site so been reading all night.

Just learnt about 'head hungry' and a few other terms I hadn't seen on Instagram yet. Plus a lot of testimonials I've bookmarked for a revisit when I need it.

4 minutes ago, DaleCruse said:

You don't need us to tell you that you made a mistake. You knew before you started this thread. Don't beat yourself up anymore. That episode is over. It's done. It's in the past. What matters now is what you do next. You already know what to do. Good luck!

3 hours ago, allthisnmore said:

Don't know. If you ate that pizza in a "usual time frame" it's really a bit weird that you could eat the whole thing (if it wasn't a mini pizza) without a problem.

You are not a lone. Whether you ate a whole pizza, or someone else ate a whole piece of cake, two glasses of wine - a lot of us come from a background of overeating and binging, followed by shame. It's okay that you are a work of progress - you are in a transition period. You are trying to change who you are as a person - which is NOT easy. The small size of our stomachs make it a little easier to change, kind of forces us to eat less and less. I'm about a month out and finally getting out of a Huge depression state. I used to find joy and solace in eating. But at the end of the day, it's your mind that makes the decision to eat. If you decide to pick something up and swallow, your stomach doesn't really have a choice. Think about your goals. Make a dream board on Pinterest of healthy bodies, motivational phrases, vsg recipes, at home exercises. Remind yourself of what you want - what you were willing to deal with the insurance company for, the hospital stay for, the possible family and friends that didn't understand your decision. You did it for YOU.

As a side note, a psychologist has really helped me. You can fix a fridge or a car, but you cannot fix a person - a person has to want to fix them self. Stay strong!

Ok, diet help:

Get on youtube and search "The Dr. V diet" watch the video. That will get you started. Dr. Duc Vuong is a wonderful resource for information.

Also, Dr. Matthew Weiner has a lot of videos too.

Essentially, like you have found, the surgery will only work for a limited time, then it is up to us. We have to change our minds and the CONTENT of our diets to have lasting success.

If we continue eating the same things we ate before surgery, we will end up in the same shape. We have to change WHAT we eat, not just how MUCH.

I tried the spinach smoothie yesterday for Breakfast. I was scared! But it was good! I used a whole banana and 2 handfuls of blueberries and coconut Water. So maybe more extras than needed, but baby steps!

If you watch the video and wonder about Protein, 4oz of meat gives 28g x 2 is 56g, then add a 15g snack (or have 2 eggs for breakfast), and you are set for the day.. Assuming a 70g/day protein goal.