Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orbera Placed on 5/8

So I am now a few days into my Orbera placement. Surgery day was fine. 2nd day by far the worst. But I have to say , the hardest part for me was the sore muscles from the

anesthesia. Aching so much I could barely stand up. Had some nausea and acid reflux, but no vomiting. I am still on liquids and my surgeon sounded like she didn't want me off those

until after my post op, next Wednesday. Tough to get in all the Protein needed as I am not hungry and Protein Shakes are not my favorite. Looking forward to getting well and focusing on

changing my lifestyle.

I don't like most Protein Drinks since they tend to be thick, sweet and/or mediciny. Blech. If that's why you don't like them, then I'd highly recommend organic fuel by organic valley (they have a different drink too, so make sure you get the FUEL version). Most grocery stores carry it in the dairy section, but some (like wegmans) has them on the shelf in the organic section. I actually order it on Amazon - same day delivery!They come in singles, 4 or 12 packs. 26g of Protein for 260 calories - great ratio. I prefer the chocolate flavor. It's thin like milk, and the flavor is relatively light.

Orgain (in the green and white package) is another good option (but not their high Protein One in the blue package - it tastes like medicine). I've even seen that in drug stores. Similarly, it's thin with light flavors. In that one I prefer the strawberry or vanilla.

Broth is also a good choice. If you can stomach it, Bone Broth is even better.

And while regular old Popsicles don't have any protein, there's something satisfying about them. :-) But don't get the sugar free ones - you need all of the calories that you can get right now.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks so much. Yes so far my saving grace has been hot bath, heating pad, popsicles and broth. I dont feel terrible, but certainly don't feel great. Each day seems a bit better, so going to try to focus on that.

So I am just over 3 weeks out. Have lost 12 pounds so far, which should not come as a surprise as I can barely eat anything. I have constant stomach pain and unable to eat most anything. Going to go back to liquids only. Really frustrated, not energy and feel pretty helpless. My doctor thinks I should be exercising, I can barely make it thru the day at work. Taking prilosec daily as prescribed.

Hi, it looks like your close to 8 weeks in. How is it going? I am scheduled to have my Orbera placed on June 29th.

I had my Orbera balloon placed on April 25. I took me 7-8 weeks to stop feeling nauseous and to get over frequent acid reflux. I still feel the balloon pressing on my stomach - like it's pushing outward. It's uncomfortable, particularly in the morning. I don't think it will ever feel normal - or like others describe as primarily a full feeling. But over the last two weeks it's better than it was, so I'm just coping with it. I've lost 14 pounds so far.

Has it calmed down ? I had mine June 17th and I'm so full like I pigged out at Thanksgiving all the time.

I had mine placed July 15 and I'm miserable. I'm going to start obeying the diet plan. I've been taking shortcuts and I've been nauseated and tired. Did I forget my failure to comply now has me constipated! This has been a tough last 3 days