Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Surgiversary!

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to give an update as I recently hit my one year mark. The results have been unbelievable, much better than expected.

HW-380

SW-361

CW-180

Wow! I never imagined I would lose 200 pounds when I was thick in the misery of weighing 380 pounds. My initial goal was 220 with a stretch goal of 190. I flew past both of those in about ten months and have now stabilized at the 180 mark for a couple of months. I can do SO many more things now that I couldn't do before, it's amazing. On a recent trip to San Fran I could charge up down the hills without stopping every 20 feet. I nearly kept up with my 18 year old son and was well ahead of the rest of the group. I can tie my shoes! And despite some knee problems I can hike, bike, walk, canoe, work around the house and many other things without getting winded or cringing in pain.

I am wearing size 36 pants, which would probably be a size 34 if I didn't have the extra skin flap. My shirts are mostly a a medium and I can buy off the rack at any store. The transformation is simply amazing but not altogether perfect. I still really need to focus on hydration, my energy sometimes abandons me and I still sometimes eat one bite too much which causes me to vomit. I can avoid most of these pitfalls by being diligent and drinking constantly, eating enough Protein and general calories throughout the day to avoid an energy crash and eating SLOWLY! I am still learning and will be for the duration of this journey. But I would never, ever consider going back and opting not to do this!

I hope you are all well!

So inspiring - congratulations on your victory!!!

That's awesome.
Gives me hope.
I want to be able to shop at regular stores again.
I am tired of having to buy from big and tall stores.
They gouge you so bad, because they know you don't have another choice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

That's awesome.
Gives me hope.
I want to be able to shop at regular stores again.
I am tired of having to buy from big and tall stores.
They gouge you so bad, because they know you don't have another choice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

You can do it! I was thrilled to shop at regular stores again. I saw some shirts hanging in a Jos. A Bank window at the train station the other day. They were linen in nice colors and they type of shirt I wouldn't have dared to wear before. Not to mention that they wouldn't have had them in my size. But I walked right in, tried them on and promptly bought two mediums off the rack. It was an awesome feeling!

So I don't know if you've had the surgery yet or not. If you haven't please do. If you have, listen to your medical team and jump right in to your new life!

You have done so well!! Congratulations on your amazing results!

Do you have any advice for those of us that are early in our journey? My goal is 199 but seeing your results gives me hope that I can exceed them. What do you think was the key to your success (special diet, exercise)?

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

You have done so well!! Congratulations on your amazing results!

Do you have any advice for those of us that are early in our journey? My goal is 199 but seeing your results gives me hope that I can exceed them. What do you think was the key to your success (special diet, exercise)?

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Two pieces of advice! 1-listen to your BariatricPal team. Don't second guess anything or think that something doesn't matter, no matter how trivial you think it is! 2-exercise as much as you can whenever you can. This doesn't have to be at the gym. Just keep moving and don't allow yourself to fall into the old trap of making excuses. I am constantly moving unless I'm truly sick. Find things you like. I hike, bike, walk, canoe, swim, garden, do woodworking. Just do something you enjoy and keep doing it. Oh and I guess this is more than two but hydrate hydrate hydrate! Eat nutrient dense foods and get your Protein. It doesn't have to be that hard if you do these things!

Good luck and God Bless!

Congratulations!

That's amazing!!! Congratulations!!