Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Living without my Band after 10yrs

I had my Band removed 4 days ago , I am beyond scared of the future . I don't have an obsession with food but I have brainwashed myself for 10 yrs about what I couldn't eat and now I have to retrain my brain to making the right choices .Anyone have ideas on healthy safe foods

My band is being removed next week as of July 6 I'll have my band 10 years and I'm scared of the weight gain that I can't sleep at night sometimes thinking about it . How has it been since the removal ?

Hi there think positive. The band was a tool in loosing weight I'm sure you had to do your part in changing your eating habits etc. I've had my band for 10 yrs and over the last year I've developed bad reflux and now have a Fluid build up in my esophagus which has increased its size times 3. In order to feel better and avoid more medical problems I'm having mine removed on Friday 07-07. Personally I feel my band served its purpose and I to am nervous about gaining weight but I keep telling myself the band was a "TOOL" and that I played a strong part in my weight loss. Not to mention that I'm older and hopefully wiser now. I wish you the best of luck and Thank you for sharing, its nice to know that I'm not alone.

Hi, I had my band removed 2 weeks ago. I went to get my staples out of my incision today but have to wait till Monday. In all honesty I feel GREAT! The best I've felt in years. My initial stapling with vertical band was done 30 years ago. Over the last year I have had increased throwing up, less ability to get food in, down to 133 pounds, decreased muscle mass, night aspiration and dizziness, weakness, exhaustion and so on. For 2 weeks i can eat again. Just to eat a boiled egg, a piece of toast and a glass of milk feels heavenly. I find myself only wanting to injest that portion size. I also find me trying to fit at least that size in 4 times a day and it is extremely difficult. I can't seem to find time to overeat or as often as I should. So you are right. The band was a tool. A tool that has changed my eating habits as well as my food cravings. So I honestly think you all will do fine. I can say after 2 weeks I am excited to eat things like meat, raw veggies and fruit that I haven't really ate for 30 years. I certainly have lost the preoccupation with food i one had. Hopefully you will find this as well. Hugs

My problem is that I did gain weight even with the band in and filled. I have started vomiting more and I obsess over food now because I have to make so many accommodations. My sister is getting the sleeve this week so I will see how she does and then decide if I want it