Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooo I had my balloon in aug 2016, and out feb 2017... great experience, lost like 30 lbs... but now I'm slowly putting the weight back on and it sux! My doctor and I have already arranged to put a 2nd balloon in, in July but I wish I could get something more permanent but with a bmi of 26 (25 on a good day) she says there's no way I would qualify for anything other than the balloon... ugh I'm so depressed about this but I just figure I have so many bad habits to break and I just couldn't break them all the first time around... I totally quit smoking and hardly drink alcohol anymore... but it's the carbs! Damn carbs! I workout 5 days a week for over 90 minutes plus I get a great amount of exercise at work twice a week. My genetics blow. Has anyone experienced this?

They do have a year long balloon and a duel balloon. I asked for both, but the Dr only had the single balloon. I'd certainly do the balloon again, but I'd rather have the double or extended versions.

Yes I remember you and haven't replied to anything on this page since my balloon was put in last July 30. My experience with the balloon was unlike others. I was not really successful only losing about 20 to 25 pounds. Those pounds that I lost were lost in the first month and a half when I was horribly sick with stomach cramping and nausea. The last three months with a balloon it did absolutely nothing for me I didn't even notice it was there. I was very disappointed and embarrassed after spending $7000 on a procedure that did not work for me. And since getting the balloon out in January I have gained quite a bit of it back, I really am not getting on the scale. I would not recommend this procedure to anyone that did not first address the battle that goes on in our minds trying to lose weight, it is not a quick fix. I wish you all the best and I will keep my eye on the forum to see how you do, best of luck the second time around.

Yes I remember you and haven't replied to anything on this page since my balloon was put in last July 30. My experience with the balloon was unlike others. I was not really successful only losing about 20 to 25 pounds. Those pounds that I lost were lost in the first month and a half when I was horribly sick with stomach cramping and nausea. The last three months with a balloon it did absolutely nothing for me I didn't even notice it was there. I was very disappointed and embarrassed after spending $7000 on a procedure that did not work for me. And since getting the balloon out in January I have gained quite a bit of it back, I really am not getting on the scale. I would not recommend this procedure to anyone that did not first address the battle that goes on in our minds trying to lose weight, it is not a quick fix. I wish you all the best and I will keep my eye on the forum to see how you do, best of luck the second time around.

Thank you so much for your response, it's great to know I'm not alone. We're learning and this will be something I'll have to take more seriously... I need to break my addiction to carbs.

It would be lovely to have a BMI of 26! As a fat person, I recommend doing whatever it takes to avoid gaining weight. That's when the real problems start. If you're never morbidly obese, your battle will be much, much easier. All you'd probably need to do is halve your carb portions and double your fruits/veggies and you'd be fine. Conventional dieting advice generally works well for people who just need to lose a couple pounds.

Hang in there - I know it's a struggle either way. Stay active, drink your Water, and try to alter your diet so you're consuming less sugar and you'll be fine.

I've had my reshape balloon placed Feb 07,2017 and have not lost any weight, I also work out and monitor my food intake. Not sure if this was even a good idea.. (paid 9,000)...really upsetting

I've probably lost about 18 pounds since I had my balloon in January. I took care of my dad for 4 years and before that I was pretty active. My dad has sinced passed so I'll be back to being more active and that should help a lot with weight loss. I plan on taking some actual healthy cooking classes. Maybe Chinese or Japanese as well. You're right about drinking a lot of Water. Too often I forget.

It would be lovely to have a BMI of 26! As a fat person, I recommend doing whatever it takes to avoid gaining weight. That's when the real problems start. If you're never morbidly obese, your battle will be much, much easier. All you'd probably need to do is halve your carb portions and double your fruits/veggies and you'd be fine. Conventional dieting advice generally works well for people who just need to lose a couple pounds.
Hang in there - I know it's a struggle either way. Stay active, drink your Water, and try to alter your diet so you're consuming less sugar and you'll be fine.

I will certainly try that...it's so hard for me at times. During the evenings I crave carbs so badly I just feel like the craving takes over me... I hope I can break this cycle the 2nd time around with the balloon. I wish I could get the 2nd balloon tomorrow but the doc says I have to wait a good amount of time so that it'll shock my stomach again. Hence why we're waiting until July... I just hate this battle. For some people it's gambling, alcohol, drugs, coffee, for me it's effing food... I hate this. One great thing was I stopped smoking completely from others, I was only socially smoking but I will not do it ever again, I have absolutely no desire.

If I was paying out of pocket I would get WLS in Mexico. I went in 2016 and paid 5499 for a mini gastric bypass. They take really good care of you too.

I had the balloon and did wonderful, .....until they took it out....and started gaining

I then opted for the sleeve before I gained all of my weight back. I have done absolutely wonderful with the sleeve. I truly believe the balloon prepared me to be successful with the sleeve. No problems getting fluids, Protein Drinks or food. But you do have to go by the golden rules......chew until you cant chew anymore...don't be in a rush when you eat or drink. Slow and steady. I am also doing the vitamin patches I am anxious to get my blood work done to see how they are working.

Has anyone else done the Vitamin Patches?

I'm just starting to do research about the balloons.. can anyone tell me what kind of balloons there are and the difference? Also they don't require you to have the additional medical issues (high blood pressure, diabetes etc) my BMI Is about 32.