Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did it take to heal

I had gastric sleeve surgery 4/12 and left next day. I started walking a few hours after recovery while in hospital and haven't stopped since. I walk about 4 to 5 miles daily and bought a Fitbit 2 so I make sure I'm over 10000 steps daily. I didn't have any side effects but I still can't really hold food in me even if it's soft etc. And it took me 3 days to poop and I have to take stool softener to help me get going

Thanks love and my last weigh in on 5/4 I was 41 pounds down and I'm checking weight again on 6/5. I only had a problem sleeping on my side but I'm feeling great and I can't stop walking! I know I need to do other exercises but I love getting up early and walking daily

WOW cottage cheese!! Good for you girl! Better than I did at this point!! Have you tried yogurt yet? I also eat sugar free pudding, scrambled eggs.. I'm so happy your feeling better! I had a hard time drinking all my fluids, still do

Mrfeelgood! I am so impressed 5 miles a day, fantastic!! I'm lucky if I get in 1/4 mile.. I do have a lot of spine/back issues.. but walking is fantastic really makes a difference! Your doing great!!

On 5/13/2017 at 6:52 PM, jneu said:

I had surgery on 4/26/17. I'm having a problem on food choices. I'm keeping it very simple. Applesauce, I did mash up 1/2 sweet potato today. It was yummy.

Are you adding unflavored Protein Powder to your applesauce? If not, I would try that as eating it plain doesn't do much for you nutritionally (just carbs). Instead, your focus right now should be Protein and FLUIDS.

Thanks it's basically because I walk on a path daily.... couldn't go to my gym and walk in one place like this

Thanks love and my last weigh in on 5/4 I was 41 pounds down and I'm checking weight again on 6/5. I only had a problem sleeping on my side but I'm feeling great and I can't stop walking! I know I need to do other exercises but I love getting up early and walking daily

I can't wait to hit that gym

Nana and Mr. Feel Good... applauding you. Keep going, you're doing great!

How are you all feeling? I had surgery on 4/24 and am just making it through my first stall (it lasted 2 weeks) I've lost 15lbs since surgery. liquids are hard for me to get down and Water is the worst. Super bummed bc I LOVED cold filtered water 24/7 prior to surgery.

8 hours ago, Seattle WLS Newbie said:

How are you all feeling? I had surgery on 4/24 and am just making it through my first stall (it lasted 2 weeks) I've lost 15lbs since surgery. Liquids are hard for me to get down and Water is the worst. Super bummed bc I LOVED cold filtered Water 24/7 prior to surgery.

I'm feeling fine just a little tired and hoping to get in the wing of things soon. I've lost 17 pounds since my surgery on 4/26. All my incisions have healed and I've had my 1st follow-up with the surgeon. I attended my 1st support group last week. I'm able to drink the Protein Shakes and water with no problem. Tomorrow I transition to soft foods. I'm 1 month post-op today!

I'm hoping that your Fluid levels taper off. Sip slowly... I had to go an get a bag of fluids on night last week. That seemed to help me but I was having bp problems - too low. Feel better

Reading all these stories of how things have went gets me so excited. I have my 6th pre surgery visit in July and then will have the gastric bypass surgery as soon as insurance approved it. Can't wait for this day!!