Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone who has had plastic surgery after significant weight loss! Please if you would be so kind to give me your advice. Im currently day 3 post op from full tummy tuck/lipo and bilateral lateral chest wall excision to tighten my chest and back from losing all this weight. I am obviously still focusing on mainly Protein but was wondering what your diet looked like after having any type of plastic surgery? I am so so scared to gain any weight since my activity levels and all that is extremely restricted for the time being.

Any diet plans, menu examples, regimens, recommendations, etc would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated! Thank you and have a nice day everyone!

I lost weight following plastics. I stayed within 118-123 range. I was not very hungry and likely lost muscle. I really ate pretty much what I wanted to plus Popsicles. I had multiple procedures and protien goal of hundred grams for 6 weeks. I too was really freaked out about not exercising and once I started I strained my stomach muscle which set me back exercising another four weeks. I ate a lot of my usuals cheese nonfat yogurt nuts fish vegetables keeping sugars as low as possible. Now 5 months out from plastics round one

I didn't have much of an appetite for several weeks after TT/LBL. Typical day was Protein shakes/bars & one meal of actual food because I just wanted to get some veggies in! But keeping protein at 100+ was primary focus. Like Stella S, I'm sure I've lost some muscle in the process (I've had 2 of 3 procedures with the last scheduled for a week from Tuesday), so I've been pretty much out of commission for real exercise since late Feb, and don't expect to be fully cleared until late June. I try to stay a bit more aware of calories & carbs than when I was just maintaining & have managed to lose a few lbs on top of what was removed. I feel like I'm more vigilant now than I have been since I was actively losing, because the fear of regain is real!

With the couple of plastics procedures and an orthopedic job that I have had since WLS, I cut my calorie load back about 20% to account for the lowered activity levels, and for the plastics boosted Protein levels by 40-50% to promote healing after that much trauma (which for me was around 140-150g - the doc's standard recommendation is 100+g, which would be appropriate for an average sized woman. Otherwise, my diet was similar to my normal maintenance diet, just with the protein/non-protein ratio adjusted accordingly.

I had a Tummy Tuck with muscle tightening a month ago. For the first four weeks I stayed with Protein Shakes during the day and a small meal with mostly meat at dinner.< br>Now I have started to lightly lift, walk, and use the elliptical for 45 minutes a day, justifying my need to add a snack to the two shakes and dinner. I know I've lost muscle weight, but I've also managed to maintain my weight. Once you can go through a day without a nap, start doing a little more everyday. I'm looking forward to start running my 4 miles in two more weeks, per my surgeon. Good luck!