Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

@patty0715 looking great and healthy hon! Great to see ya! We’re in the same boat. Wanna challenge each other to finally reach the doc’s goal? I’m 6 lbs from it too. Lol. I was also told to do more exercise!!! Haha. I walk about 2.5 miles a day, but he wants more??? I think I’ll just start with drinking more Water. Ha!

Hi guys. Sorry i have been off the radar for a while i has lost over a hundred pounds from my starting weight which was 398 down to 285. Less than my surgery weight which was 379. I had a few sad moments but im recovering slowly.

8 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Hi guys. Sorry i have been off the radar for a while i has lost over a hundred pounds from my starting weight which was 398 down to 285. Less than my surgery weight which was 379. I had a few sad moments but im recovering slowly.

Sweets! I was just reading our beginnings here and was thinking of you obviously. I’m happy to hear from you hon. You’ve lost a great deal, that’s great to hear, and you’re much healthier now for it. I hope sad moments turn to joy, because that’s what the Lord does, turns our mourning into gladness.

Many of us have gone off for a while, but I’m glad to hear from you all at the year mark. I’m trying to stay on more as well...need more motivation to get to goal and to stay consistent with my lifestyle diet.

I hope to hear from you more! Love ya hon!!!

14 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Sweets! I was just reading our beginnings here and was thinking of you obviously. I’m happy to hear from you hon. You’ve lost a great deal, that’s great to hear, and you’re much healthier now for it. I hope sad moments turn to joy, because that’s what the Lord does, turns our mourning into gladness.

Many of us have gone off for a while, but I’m glad to hear from you all at the year mark. I’m trying to stay on more as well...need more motivation to get to goal and to stay consistent with my lifestyle diet.

I hope to hear from you more! Love ya hon!!!

You guys have meant alot to me throughout this journey. I recently lost my mom who was my rock, love of my life and was extremely proud of me. I miss her so much.

9 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

You guys have meant alot to me throughout this journey. I recently lost my mom who was my rock, love of my life and was extremely proud of me. I miss her so much.

Oh no @Sweet as peaches. I am so very sorry to hear that. It is a very hard thing to go through and my prayers are with you for God to give you peace.

I am happy to hear from you and also very proud of you to have reached the awesome milestone of 100 pounds gone!!!! I hope you will check back and keep in touch. I will also try and check in every week or two.

11 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Other than that, I haven’t changed much from the last pic I posted. 1/2 lb down in three months. Overall I’m over 80lbs down...which is INFINITELY better! I won’t complain and can’t complain about that!

I suspect once I get my head and emotions in check here, the weight will drop again to reach my goal. So, I’ll give another update in about a month, maybe sooner. I’m trying to log back in here more often again.

Life happens....

You have achieved so much in one year. You look great! Be proud for sure!!!

I have to check myself at night on the weekends. Night time snacking will get me every time.

I love hearing how everyone is doing and I think as a whole our group has all done well. Sleevers lose weight for up to 2 years after surgery so I think we all have another year of losing.

So much has happened in the past year. If I count back to my high weight of 255 from Aug 2016, I have lost a total of 105 pounds since then, and 58 since surgery. I am sitting at 156 today so up 6 from my lowest of 150. I need to get back down to 150 because I feel like every pound is a slippery slope.

I have a new grand daughter born January 29th, Jade Rene. So now I am super busy with these two girls LOL

54829629562__06806BFA-E0F7-4960-98BC-BBDA12B5BBB3.thumb.JPG.c40c2535592766d2b83dd5c270070e8b.JPG

It is so hard for me to look back at how heavy I was, but here is a photo of me from May 2016

IMG-2963.thumb.jpg.70b809fc212e7038a31660769f83ef08.jpg

I feel like a completely different person now and I am so blessed to have regained my health and energy. I don't ever want to go back there again.

11 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hey everyone! I had my 1 year follow up as well and I’m about 6-8 pounds from the goal set by the dr. I am down about 70 pounds and I feel great! I was told I need to exercise which I HATE doing lol. I hope everyone is doing great!

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

You look great Patty!! I bet you feel amazing.

I need to get back into my regular running schedule. I got a little lazy when it got so cold this past Winter.

Lets all keep ourselves accountable for exercising like we should.

Thanks!!! I updated my app and now I have no idea how it works lol @newme17 I would love to challenge ourselves to hit the goal!!

@sweet as peaches I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of ur mom.

19 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Oh Sweets, I’m so sorry and I’m equally happy for the success you’ve had and that your mom was very proud of you too. Keep on rocking it to make her even more proud then ever hon. :780_sparkling_heart:

9 hours ago, patty0715 said:

I would love to challenge ourselves to hit the goal!!

Let’s do it! I started off with the upping intake of Water. I’m going to also start with some kind of home workout today, blah....lol. The main thing is making sure I don’t go snacking on the wrong stuff.

if anyone else wants to jump in and do a 5 lb loss challenge, feel free to. If we start on the little goals, we’ll hit the bigger goal. Just 5 lbs!

Start now....lol

Edited by Newme17

10 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Lets all keep ourselves accountable for exercising like we should.

For sure. I’ve gotten kind of flabby not doing any strength exercises. No gym anymore so it’s up to me to stick to home workouts.

10 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Sleevers lose weight for up to 2 years after surgery so I think we all have another year of losing.

I’ll take this!

Hi all, so recently my appetite has REALLY come back. I’ve noticed I can eat portions a little larger than what I have been eating the last year. I lost about 70lbs total since surgery and I’m struggling to lose the last 20. How is everyone else doing?

I am just wondering if any of you are still around the forums? I have not posted in so long and I am just wanting to check in and see how everyone is doing. I have managed to maintain my goal weight within 15 pounds more or less depending on the season. Life is good and my diabetes is under control with just diet and exercise. I would love to reconnect with some of you.