Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

13 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Pics can deceive! Lol. So I can wear it, but I feel like I'm wearing a corset. Lol

I couldn't tell. lol

I have some tops in my closet that fit me, but because of my boobs, my stomach shows when I wear them. I know they fit me before I gained weight so I guess my chest has gotten bigger over the years.

Good morning y'all. So, my grocery store had a bunch of my favorite coffee called Houston blend, the sample packs on sale for 33 cents each. I was buying the keurig cups and decided to by the ground samples instead, a whole lot of them, ok...all of what was left. Lol! I forgot how much ground coffees tastes way better than the k-cups! Wow!
Today, most folks have off. My hubby got word of an elderly disabled vet who has a large tree down in his yard and no one to help. He's loading up his chainsaw and tools right now and going to work. Sending our twelve year old with him (she still needs to learn it's not all about herself, lol).
I will be staying home for the most part with the two younger ones. We are going to make a bunch of monster muffins (sweet spinach), banana muffins, Breakfast bars, and energy balls today, as well as get some school supplies the teacher needs.
I stepped away for a moment and came back to my coffee gone...my 4 year old drank it all!!! Oh no....she'll be wired. Lol
I hope you all have a blessed day!

that's funny. I didn't like coffee as a child. My sister would sit at the table with the adults and sip milk from a coffee cup to look grown up. [emoji23]

Hey everyone...so for the past 2 days I am sooo thirsty that I can't seem to drink enough Water. I'm drinking more water than normal for me which reduces my food intake has anyone experienced being so thirsty that u can't seem to drink enough water? Is it a sign of something?

I also have been that way. Im getting cramps in my calves as well. I know my potassium was a little low at my last blood work but my Dr never said anything about. I was thinking about calling her. Can you buy potassium otc. I don't know that I could eat enough bananas to make up for it.

4 hours ago, hmills653 said:

My sister would sit at the table with the adults and sip milk from a coffee cup to look grown up.

That is so cute!

4 hours ago, hmills653 said:

Can you buy potassium otc. I don't know that I could eat enough bananas to make up for it.

Yes. You can buy it otc. There are a couple of types though, not sure which would benefit the best though. You can get most of your potassium through plants and legumes. If you like dates, they have more potassium than bananas.

I'm headed out for a weekend camping trip with the Pathfinders. The best thing is my grandson Isaiah is in the group this year so I get to spend extra time with him.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I'm headed out for a weekend camping trip with the Pathfinders. The best thing is my grandson Isaiah is in the group this year so I get to spend extra time with him.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Have fun! Sounds like a GREAT weekend. :)

Okay...after my workout at the gym I woke up with extra determination today. I've decided I'm not going home right after work, but will swing by the gym and get my time in. This way, I won't have to interrupt family time in the evenings. Also, because I was unable to workout for a couple of weeks, I felt like Jello. After last night's weight session, I feel a little bit firmed up again...but it's another road to stick to. I prayed against any illness and injuries that would prohibit me from doing the best I can. During my lunch today, I decided to do a small workout. I've got Pandora Radio on with 80's hits (the best music to workout to, in my opinion) and worked up a sweat. I'm fortunate to be able to wear whatever to work, so I usually have workout clothes on so it works out great. No one is here either...just me, all by my lonesome self. The best office ever. LOL Yesterday, I did some squats in between duties. Sitting down for so long is awful really. So, here's to my new routine...may God help me stick to it.

Did it! I went to the gym after work before home. Did 45 mins on the elliptical. I'll be stretching tonight for sure. Almost feel back to myself again. Feels pretty good.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, Newme17 said:

Did it! I went to the gym after work before home. Did 45 mins on the elliptical. I'll be stretching tonight for sure. Almost feel back to myself again. Feels pretty good.

Good for you @Newme17.

I know I always feel better when I get my daily run in. I haven't been able to run for the past two days since I was camping with the kids.

For me doing it like you are always works best. I just tell myself every morning, you know you are going to feel better if you get up early and run. It has become a habit now.

Pretty soon you will be in the habit of hitting the gym after work every day, or 4 times a week, whatever your schedule is.

I just got home from camping and I am worn out. It never ceases to amaze me just how tiring it is to spend the weekend with a group of kids. They have so much energy and never seem to tire...LOL..

I am trying to catch up on the forums now..

32 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Good for you @Newme17.

I know I always feel better when I get my daily run in. I haven't been able to run for the past two days since I was camping with the kids.

For me doing it like you are always works best. I just tell myself every morning, you know you are going to feel better if you get up early and run. It has become a habit now.

Pretty soon you will be in the habit of hitting the gym after work every day, or 4 times a week, whatever your schedule is.

I'll have to talk to myself greatly on the weekends though. As much as I like to moved it's hard to do. 😁

31 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I just got home from camping and I am worn out. It never ceases to amaze me just how tiring it is to spend the weekend with a group of kids. They have so much energy and never seem to tire...LOL..

I am trying to catch up on the forums now..

Same here. My four and seven year olds are playing non stop today. I'm waiting for bed time. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Same here. My four and seven year olds are playing non stop today. I'm waiting for bed time. Lol.

If we could somehow bottle their energy and use it when we want to workout ..lol.. we would be golden.

30 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

If we could somehow bottle their energy and use it when we want to workout ..lol.. we would be golden.

Golden and BILLIONAIRES! 🤣