Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

46 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Totally off wls topic, but it's another area of a health in my life. Financial health that needs a good exercise and diet too. 😊

I'm excited. I get a total body makeover and a total money makeover!!! 🤗😀🤣😁😊

I think it is awesome @Newme17. Ha Ha, we sold my hubby's silverado 3 years ago and paid cash for a used volvo suv. No more truck payments and the volvo gets a little better gas mileage. He misses his truck, but we don't miss the payments.

We finally cut the cord with the cable company. We have our roku and got direct tv now the new streaming service. We will save $55 a month doing this. If it was just me I wouldn't even have the direct tv streaming, but my dh loves soccer and he can't watch the games without it.

It sounds like you and your hubby are rocking it!! We did many of the same things you all are doing now back in 2014 when my dh came back from a 12 month deployment in Afghanistan. Check out the budget software YNAB. It is great and I have been using it for years.

34 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I think it is awesome @Newme17. Ha Ha, we sold my hubby's silverado 3 years ago and paid cash for a used volvo suv. No more truck payments and the volvo gets a little better gas mileage. He misses his truck, but we don't miss the payments.

We finally cut the cord with the cable company. We have our roku and got direct tv now the new streaming service. We will save $55 a month doing this. If it was just me I wouldn't even have the direct tv streaming, but my dh loves soccer and he can't watch the games without it.

It sounds like you and your hubby are rocking it!! We did many of the same things you all are doing now back in 2014 when my dh came back from a 12 month deployment in Afghanistan. Check out the budget software YNAB. It is great and I have been using it for years.

We were meant to be!!! 😊

We don't have cable. Been like that for two years now. We rely on hulu and netflix and we have a paper antenna for the local channels. My husband does miss his games but the more important ones that might be on NFL channel, we're usually at family's to watch anyway.

I currently use Quicken. It's not the greatest, always something not working. I'll check out YNAB and see if it fits for how I want to use it. Thanks for sharing. It makes me feel even better knowing that I'm taking steps in he right direction.

8 hours ago, Newme17 said:

We were meant to be!!! 😊

We don't have cable. Been like that for two years now. We rely on hulu and netflix and we have a paper antenna for the local channels. My husband does miss his games but the more important ones that might be on NFL channel, we're usually at family's to watch anyway.

I currently use Quicken. It's not the greatest, always something not working. I'll check out YNAB and see if it fits for how I want to use it. Thanks for sharing. It makes me feel even better knowing that I'm taking steps in he right direction.

You are being very smart. Do it now so by the time y'all are 50 you can retire.

My dh will have to retire from the military in 4 years at age 60. So we took advantage of the extra money he made during deployment to help pay stuff off and sold what we didn't need. The goal was to be completely debt free when he retires, I hope we can get the house and roof paid in the next few years and then we will be free. I want him to be able to really retire and not have to look for part-time employment. It is scary contemplating a drop in income, and I wish we would have started saving more when we were younger.

Quicken is good at forecasting, YNAB is designed more for helping you to see how your budget is working today. I couldn't live without it. There are so many budget programs out there, as long as you are using something, you are way ahead of the game.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....lol..

Anyone noticing their nails are getting weaker. Mine keep splitting and are looking thin. I am taking my Vitamins so I am not sure why?

4 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Anyone noticing their nails are getting weaker. Mine keep splitting and are looking thin. I am taking my Vitamins so I am not sure why?

Mine did when I switched from the tablets to Patches. But now that I switched back to, well, caplets this time, they're getting stronger again. I suspect it might be a Vitamin thing. What Vitamins do you take?

Edited by Newme17

Hey ladies I been so busy quick question what fruits do you guys eat between two jobs gym and a 3 year old I barely have time to be on here I went shopping as well because nothing fits at all I'm going bra shopping in the morning I got in some shorts 12/14 I use to wear 18/20 or 20/22 I was so happy I brought two pair and this was in the regular section can't believe It's been two months since surgery IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.0de42167273187e4a9e5b44f855bf404.JPG IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.0de42167273187e4a9e5b44f855bf404.JPG IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.83399378a3862210e6390897247a7995.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

1 hour ago, queenbee88 said:

Hey ladies I been so busy quick question what fruits do you guys eat between two jobs gym and a 3 year old I barely have time to be on here I went shopping as well because nothing fits at all I'm going bra shopping in the morning I got in some shorts 12/14 I use to wear 18/20 or 20/22 I was so happy I brought two pair and this was in the regular section can't believe It's been two months since surgery IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.0de42167273187e4a9e5b44f855bf404.JPG IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.0de42167273187e4a9e5b44f855bf404.JPG IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.83399378a3862210e6390897247a7995.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

You are rocking those shorts!! You look great!

When I eat fruits I eat berries because they have the least impact on my blood sugar. To be honest I havent tried to re-introduce any others yet since surgery.

7 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Mine did when I switched from the tablets to Patches. But now that I switched back to, well, caplets this time, they're getting stronger again. I suspect it might be a Vitamin thing. What Vitamins do you take?

I have been taking Bariactric fusion chewables twice a day. They are supposed to be a complete supplement, meaning I don't have to take anything else. I can't wait to get my level checked next month to see how I am doing.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, Newme17 said:

I didn't make anything for dinner but popped a Nourish bowl in the microwave. I added some ramen to it for my husband, for extra filling. He'll probably eat leftovers tomorrow.

I had every opportunity to work out today after work but I decided that I just wanted to rest. So I did. 3 hours of it. Lol.

We're selling our 2015 Silverado Crew Cab for a used 2013 Dodge Journey. Why? $200 less a month and shaves off $15,000 of debt. my husband is selling his 2016 Indian scout sixty motorcycle too, another $10 grand. We're keeping my Avalon though....since it'll take God's miraculous hand to get us out of the loan..we shall see. Why are we doing all of this? To be debt free of course, to not be slaves financially anymore. Totally off wls topic, but it's another area of a health in my life. Financial health that needs a good exercise and diet too. 😊

I'm excited. I get a total body makeover and a total money makeover!!! 🤗😀🤣😁😊

I love hearing about saving money and my bbf I am so proud of you focusing on the future and being the great role model for your children continued success.

7 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

IMG_0008.JPG

Wow!!!! Impressive keep up the great work.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, Apple1 said:

I tried to get rid of Verizon television because it was killing my pockets but I have 11 months left on the contract so instead of paying the early term fee I opted to stay. I only need internet cause we don't watch tv. Here to cutting cost of unnecessary uses in our life. I love football but I haven't been watching last season. It's coming up in a couple months so maybe I will watch it while I have my tv.

You are rocking those shorts!! You look great!
When I eat fruits I eat berries because they have the least impact on my blood sugar. To be honest I havent tried to re-introduce any others yet since surgery.

Yes me either but I have a taste for fruits

9 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

Hey ladies I been so busy quick question what fruits do you guys eat between two jobs gym and a 3 year old I barely have time to be on here I went shopping as well because nothing fits at all I'm going bra shopping in the morning I got in some shorts 12/14 I use to wear 18/20 or 20/22 I was so happy I brought two pair and this was in the regular section can't believe It's been two months since

I eat cherries now (cause they're on sale), but I normally don't include fruits on a daily basis. I had an very small apple yesterday and got through less than a quarter, so I decided that apples are just too big to waste. I should incorporate more, but I haven't. Been doing more veggies than fruit.

Good for you to go shopping. It's nice knowing we're in smaller sizes. :)

Now, why did you happy face your face on the pics, but I can see you clearly on your profile??? LOL