Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

52 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

Where in NYC? I live in Queens

Manhattan

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Well, that's cool, being in NYC. I'm sure there are ups and downs to it, just as any other places. I'd love to visit the city sometime in my lifetime. I live approximately 7mins from the beach. We're surrounded by Water here. Don't go as often though.

Yes, it is pretty cool lots of traffic, big buildings, beautiful parks and lots of museums.Plenty of places to walk to and drive through without missing a beat. Sometimes it's too crowded. But i like the quiet time.

[emoji23]. You know what's also good with ricotta? Just plain unsweetened cocoa powder with a packet of stevia (or sweetener of your choice). It's great for the sweet tooth. I don't have one, but I'd want some chocolate every now and then.

I found a bottle of Pasta Sauce downstairs and decided to mix it with cottage cheese, since that is something I can eat, warmed it up, and it was exactly what I wanted! Plus, just a half cup of the mixture had 7g of Protein. Not super high, but better nutritionally than a popsicle!

I'm usually don't have fear. No need for it, but with me advancing, I have some concerns. I really don't want to experience that dumping thing again. So, although I could advance, I think I'll take it slow. I'll start with something simple, like cream of wheat with some Protein added. But my nut says she wants me to try fish and eggs before my first post op appt on the 31st. So, I guess I'll be doing that too. I'm sure once I start adding, I'll get more comfortable with trying other things. We shall see....

I think of eating fish, and it makes my stomach hurt. Even with cottage cheese, if I don't chew it well enough, it hurts so bad going down. What's the worst they could do if you don't choose to eat fish in the next 10 days? Remember, we are the ones who just had 80% of our stomachs taken out, and only eat what you feel comfortable eating.

20 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I've noticed my nails have gotten stronger since I started my Vitamins. Anyone else?

Yes, i wish the Vitamins were more manageable than they are. I feel extra strong also.

7 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Yes, it is pretty cool lots of traffic, big buildings, beautiful parks and lots of museums.Plenty of places to walk to and drive through without missing a beat. Sometimes it's too crowded. But i like the quiet time.

I can't imagine quiet in the city. 😂 I'm sure it's there though. Ha!

5 hours ago, esaad said:

I found a bottle of Pasta sauce downstairs and decided to mix it with cottage cheese, since that is something I can eat, warmed it up, and it was exactly what I wanted! Plus, just a half cup of the mixture had 7g of Protein. Not super high, but better nutritionally than a popsicle!

So it fixed your craving. How awesome is that!? I agree, way better than a popsicle too. Sounds like you may have found your go to for lasagna for now. 😊

5 hours ago, esaad said:

I think of eating fish, and it makes my stomach hurt. Even with cottage cheese, if I don't chew it well enough, it hurts so bad going down. What's the worst they could do if you don't choose to eat fish in the next 10 days? Remember, we are the ones who just had 80% of our stomachs taken out, and only eat what you feel comfortable eating.

Lol...you're absolutely right. We are! I think I'll have to try something real moist and chew it up good. But, who says I can't wait until the 30th, to try it? Lol. Right before my post op appt? That'll give my stomach more time to heal as well. You've got a great point. They won't do anything but encourage me to try before the next appt.

May 17th I'm glad it's over but just begun

Hey guys.. thought I would update on what I've been eating as Iam so full of energy, I don't get hungry and have been out and about. So I changed what I previously said about my intake. Let me start by saying I'm on clear liquid diet for 2 weeks.. on tuesday I will start my last week. I now have only Water, chicken broth, beef broth, vegetable broth.. a little Jello here and there to change it up and now the most important a drink called cocotein for my Protein intake. Cocotein is a clear liquid , whey protein and your body absorbs 100% of the protein and I use this to make up for the low calorie intake I'm on now. I stopped doing apple juice, cranberry juice and grape juice because I noticed it would give me a little heartburn slightly and sometimes and also the runs sorry tmi but it's for information purposes. With the cocotein i feel soo good and not deprived. I dont take any pain meds, i havent vomited thank god, I've passed gas tmi, but overall great. And i also try not to drink anything cold cold straight from the fridge, i let my drink chill a little first because if I dont I might feel it going down my esophagus slowly and that's uncomfortable, but I know that will change later on.

Also i have a little measuring cup that only holds 1 ounce, I drink 2 of those an hour equally only 2 ounces an hour, sometimes i do 3 ounces (of the foods I mentioned above) I'm consistent because I dont want to be dehydrated and since my stomach is a baby basically i am only doing the liquids and nothing else. Hope you all are doing great. When do you guys meet with your surgeon again to follow up? Me on tuesday... I can't wait for the puree stage!! I have so many ideas of foods I want to puree

23 minutes ago, mishyk said:

Also i have a little measuring cup that only holds 1 ounce, I drink 2 of those an hour equally only 2 ounces an hour, sometimes i do 3 ounces (of the foods I mentioned above) I'm consistent because I dont want to be dehydrated and since my stomach is a baby basically i am only doing the liquids and nothing else. Hope you all are doing great. When do you guys meet with your surgeon again to follow up? Me on tuesday... I can't wait for the puree stage!! I have so many ideas of foods I want to puree

I see mine on June 6 and that is great to be able to listen to your body. Glad you're doing well God speed.

I made it home. I think the plane travel tired me out more than my 2.5 mile walk yesterday. My Fluid intake is a little down today so I am trying to make up a little tonight. Tomorrow I get to start on Protein Shakes and yogurt. I can't believe how happy I am about that. I have noticed that I can Handel larger sips now as long the liquid is not cold. I am drinking my Water at room temp. I also prefer flavored water now and I never used to.

Have any of you been adding unflavored powdered Protein to your coffee or yogurt or broths? I bought some and I would like to try and boost some stuff to get my protein up. I am not sure if I just take. Scoop and mix it up?

47 minutes ago, Sleevyjazzy said:

May 17th I'm glad it's over but just begun

Same here! It's good though...😊

27 minutes ago, mishyk said:

That is great to hear! I'm gonna have to look in to that cocotein. I think I can speak for us all that we are all getting better day by day. It's been good for me. I follow up on the 31st of May it'll be cool to finally know what my body is losing.