Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

I have never heard of this before. Are you sure this is legal and not a scam?

Yes, very sure. I know a few people who have used it. But, I too had not heard of it before this.

1 hour ago, esaad said:

Yes, very sure. I know a few people who have used it. But, I too had not heard of it before this.

I tried it during one of my attempts to lose weight. I lost $30 cause I forgot I was doing it. Lol.

They have a system that makes it almost impossible for you to cheat. Not sure how they would measure up wls folks.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

lol , I hope they were satisfying 😂.

I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch, and I have a meatloaf in the oven for dinner. I will have 3oz of it and some mixed vegetables.

Wish we were neighbors.....mmmm, meatloaf!

Well Monday is nearly gone hopefully i wont turn back next Monday and stay home.

39 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Well Monday is nearly gone hopefully i wont turn back next Monday and stay home.

You can do this Sweet as Peaches. I am nervous too, but we need to keep reminding ourselves of all the reasons why we need to have this surgery. Imagine yourself a year later as a lighter much healthier person. You have come to far to quit now. You will not stay home next Monday!

1 hour ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Hon I actually had a fleeting thought to not do this, today. Fleeting. Then I remembered my mother and all her problems associated with weight. I just cannot go down that same road. I have to stick with it. I'm not nervous though, just was sad I couldn't have a slice of pizza with my family. 😂

You will be fine too...I don't want anyone with pain, cancer, disease all associated with weight. It can be beaten.

Edited by Newme17

12 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Yes, I am glad he is able to come with me. I don't think I would go alone. Our children are grown and we have 3 grandchildren already. I feel so much older than many who are getting WLS. But I plan on enjoying my 50's and not having to worry about my weight.

I am paying $4600 for my surgery in Mexico so about the same. If I wanted to have the surgery close to home here in the US it would cost me anywhere from $15,000-20,000.

Well good for you... and good luck.. kp us informed of the start of new journey... age is irrelevant.... 😁

I got tired of salad and the few frozen meals I could choose from. Decided to get creative with lean ground beef, mushrooms, and zucchini noodles for the past two nights. The first night, with the suggestion from a friend, I seasoned it with taco seasonings. It was delicious. In fact, I scolded myself from eating it way too fast, as I had learned to eat slow these days. Tonight I used the same ingredients and used pho chicken broth. Had a great smell and tasted ok, but it was too liquidy. And I couldn't use anything to thicken it up. I think I'd just use the concentrate and not add Water next time.

Now for dessert in a bit....a Decaf cup of Houston blend coffee (H-E-B brand). Maybe a bottle of flavored water too.

I have my pre-op appt with the surgeon tomorrow, then the post-op directions appt. non wls related, my dental appt is after that. Oh, and all these are after I chaperone my daughter's 1st grade class on a field trip!!!

Gonna be a busy day.

On 5/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, Apple1 said:

You can do this Sweet as Peaches. I am nervous too, but we need to keep reminding ourselves of all the reasons why we need to have this surgery. Imagine yourself a year later as a lighter much healthier person. You have come to far to quit now. You will not stay home next Monday!

You guys made my day i was feeling so happy that i forgot all about what i wrote. I won't let myself down. Thank you we are all in this together. May 15 here we come. Yes i will@Apple1!

Edited by Sweet as peaches

On 5/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, Newme17 said:

Hon I actually had a fleeting thought to not do this, today. Fleeting. Then I remembered my mother and all her problems associated with weight. I just cannot go down that same road. I have to stick with it. I'm not nervous though, just was sad I couldn't have a slice of pizza with my family. 😂

You will be fine too...I don't want anyone with pain, cancer, disease all associated with weight. It can be beaten.

Thank you @Newme17!

On 5/8/2017 at 8:41 AM, Newme17 said:

How are you doing on your pre-op so far?

It's tough. Sometimes I think ok not too bad and other times I'm starving. I'm allowed 4 shakes and One Bar per day with broth, sf Jello and sf ice pops. That's all. I want this week to be over. I'm a little bit nervous for Monday, but not too bad.

Today has been rough for me. I was so hungry at lunch time I decided to eat my 3oz of lean Protein and veggies for lunch instead of dinner. I went and got a chicken Caesar salad and that calmed the beast. I will have my Protein Shake for dinner and go to bed early if I start thinking I'm hungry again. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

I just saw that my back fat has disappeared when i walk past the mirror. No more waiting for the rest of me to show up when i walk past the mirror. Jk bout waiting to see the rest of in the mirror, but my upper back area is flattening. Is it normal not to meet your caloric intake when drinking Protein Shakes? I seem to always stay under 1000 calories but always make over 60 grams of protein.😎

Edited by Sweet as peaches

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

Today has been rough for me. I was so hungry at lunch time I decided to eat my 3oz of lean Protein and veggies for lunch instead of dinner. I went and got a chicken Caesar salad and that calmed the beast. I will have my Protein Shake for dinner and go to bed early if I start thinking I'm hungry again. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

I've thought of switching meals too. Haven't yet, but I'll keep that in mind for the weekend for sure.

1 hour ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I just saw that my back fat has disappeared when i walk past the mirror. No more waiting for the rest of me to show up when i walk past the mirror. Jk bout waiting to see the rest of in the mirror, but my upper back area is flattening. Is it normal not to meet your caloric intake when drinking Protein Shakes? I seem to always stay under 1000 calories but always make over 60 grams of protein.😎

Yay! No more back fat. Mines not disappearing yet. My belly has gotten smaller though.

May this point, I don't think the caloric intake really matters as long as we're hitting Protein. Even if we're lower than 1000 cal a day, it's just another way to prep ourselves for the months that we'll be lower. My nut hasn't mentioned anything about calories. All I have to focus on is protein intake, eating ONLY WHEN HUNGRY, and Water. That's it.