Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

30 minutes ago, fromtheneckup said:

Starting week 2 of the pre-op diet today. One more week until surgery.

How are you doing on your pre-op so far?

On Sun May 07 2017 at 3:07 PM, Newme17 said:

I finally made the thread for those of us who are scheduled for May 15th. It'll be fun to hear how all of us are doing during our journeys. Feel free to share!

There are many of us on pre-ops now and some have a few days. Just about a week left!!! How awesome and exciting it is! 😊

Dont forget to FOLLOW the thread!

Hey everyone 😊😁not long now and I'm feeling a mixture of emotions as I'm sure u all are.. only my husband knows as my bmi is 33 and I know people wouldn't understand my decision.. anyone else in the same boat? Good luck everyone

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

@esaad I'm excited. I fear this may feel like the "longest" week ever. Lol

I feel the same. I am running errands today trying to get everything done so I won't have anything to do the week of surgery. I will have a busy 4 days at work starting tomorrow so I am hoping that will help time fly by. Have a great monday everyone!

8 minutes ago, Caz73 said:

Hey everyone 😊😁not long now and I'm feeling a mixture of emotions as I'm sure u all are.. only my husband knows as my bmi is 33 and I know people wouldn't understand my decision.. anyone else in the same boat? Good luck everyone

My BMI is about 31.6. I only told my husband and my two adult children.

I am going to Mexico because my insurance would not cover the surgery.

Wen do you go? I'm off too brussels as cost half the price.. thanks for replying

20 minutes ago, Caz73 said:

Wen do you go? I'm off too brussels as cost half the price.. thanks for replying

My husband and I will fly to San Diego next Sunday, and my surgery will be on Monday the 15th.

Is WLS expensive in Brussels?

It's nice your going with hubby.. I wish I could but he is looking after young boys...

It was 5000 .. yer mine next week too 😂

1 hour ago, Caz73 said:

Welcome to the thread!!! I'm not in your boat...but good for you for taking charge of your health!!! :)

Well, just finished eating my allotted carrots. <_<

2 hours ago, Caz73 said:

Good luck to you guys. Im so nervous i hope i dont need a valium to calm me down.

Guys, I recently heard about dietbet where you bet a certain amount of money, and if you lose 4% of your weight then you can split the pot with others who also lost weight. I joined two games, one was $30 and the other was $35. They both are right when we get the sleeve, so I know I will at least get the money I paid, plus hopefully more back. I'm posting the two game links here, if you're interested!
http://dbet.me/avToTK
http://dbet.me/Hu3dCW

3 hours ago, Caz73 said:

It's nice your going with hubby.. I wish I could but he is looking after young boys...

It was 5000 .. yer mine next week too 😂

Yes, I am glad he is able to come with me. I don't think I would go alone. Our children are grown and we have 3 grandchildren already. I feel so much older than many who are getting WLS. But I plan on enjoying my 50's and not having to worry about my weight.

I am paying $4600 for my surgery in Mexico so about the same. If I wanted to have the surgery close to home here in the US it would cost me anywhere from $15,000-20,000.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Well, just finished eating my allotted carrots. <_<

lol , I hope they were satisfying 😂.

I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch, and I have a meatloaf in the oven for dinner. I will have 3oz of it and some mixed vegetables.

1 hour ago, esaad said:

Guys, I recently heard about dietbet where you bet a certain amount of money, and if you lose 4% of your weight then you can split the pot with others who also lost weight. I joined two games, one was $30 and the other was $35. They both are right when we get the sleeve, so I know I will at least get the money I paid, plus hopefully more back. I'm posting the two game links here, if you're interested!
http://dbet.me/avToTK
http://dbet.me/Hu3dCW

I have never heard of this before. Are you sure this is legal and not a scam?