Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

I finally made the thread for those of us who are scheduled for May 15th. It'll be fun to hear how all of us are doing during our journeys. Feel free to share!

There are many of us on pre-ops now and some have a few days. Just about a week left!!! How awesome and exciting it is! 😊

Dont forget to FOLLOW the thread!

I will start my pre-op diet tomorrow. One week to go !!

Congrats. Know that you can do this

It's day 7 and I'm having a hard time today. I haven't cheated, nor will I. I had to fight the smells of food earlier and resort to my carrots and pickle. I noticed I had a great amount of energy on a Friday but I'm super sluggish today. One more week!

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

It's nice that you have just a week of pre-op. Two is a long time, but at least it's half way over. Lol. Getting more excited???

I am very excited and nervous all at the same time... I feel like a a big bundle of emotions. I was given a 3 day pre-op, but I decided to extend to a week because I figured any weight I can lose now would be great.

I have to start getting focused and ready for this because today I have had the worst cravings for foods I wouldn't even normally eat because of my diabetes. Has this happened to anyone else the week before their surgery?

Edited by Apple1

3 hours ago, luckylimey said:

Congrats. Know that you can do this

Thank you! Today has been the weirdest day. I have been craving all the bad evil carb foods that I usually avoid anyway because of my diabetes. I am doing my best to stay strong. I know I can do this!!

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

It's day 7 and I'm having a hard time today. I haven't cheated, nor will I. I had to fight the smells of food earlier and resort to my carrots and pickle. I noticed I had a great amount of energy on a Friday but I'm super sluggish today. One more week!

I feel for you and I am right there with you on feeling sluggish. I decided to try and quit caffeine so i bought coffee that has lower caffeine levels so I can step down and hopefully avoid major headaches. I haven't had a headache today, but just seem less energetic overall.

Carrots and pickles seem an unusual combination lol what ever helps us stay on tract!! We got this!!

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Carrots and pickles seem an unusual combination lol

I tend to eat them separately, they're basically the only free food choices I have to eat and I was pretty hungry at that moment, so ate them both. 😂

I had my caffeine withdrawal about a month ago or so. I wasn't ready to quit my coffee either. My husband bought the wrong kind, Decaf, of course. So I decided to just use it. My taste buds weren't having it in the beginning. Suffered a big headache for about two days. Been good since. I was told to ease off, but I didn't listen.

I received a notification on my phone this morning. One week left! How is everyone doing with their nerves? Surprisingly, I don't feel nervous right now. I still haven't wrapped my head around what is going to happen. I'm not sure why though. Have a great Monday, everyone!

Edited by esaad

28 minutes ago, fromtheneckup said:

Starting week 2 of the pre-op diet today. One more week until surgery.

Same here. This time next week I'll be driving to the hospital. 😊

@esaad I'm excited. I fear this may feel like the "longest" week ever. Lol