Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it Possible that a person isnt meant to be skinny?

In short.... no. If you take in fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. That may become more difficult as you lose more weight, but it still holds true. You, as well as the people around you, might not be used to how your body changes, but that does not mean you are "meant" to remain at a certain weight.

I am only able to drop weight if I eat clean and exercise. 100% of the food and at least 4 days a week exercise. I have battled weight all my life. Diets are sucessful if you follow them but it is harder to keep it off than it is to get it off. Sad but true.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My following comment may be controversial, but I don't particularly care anymore.
I assume you are African-American based on your profile picture. I am also black. In a nutshell, many members of the AA community have skewed body image perceptions with regards to women and think that bigger is more attractive.
My BMI is 22. I am squarely in the middle of the normal BMI range, yet certain people in my circle think I'm "too skinny." Funny enough, all of the people who think I'm skinny are badly overweight and need to address their own weight problems and health issues.
You are 5'4 and 165 pounds. Most Caucasian and Asian women with those stats would be aiming for goal weights in the 120 to 140-pound range, and no one in their respective communities would chastise them for it. However, many folks in the AA community would shout a black female down for even entertaining the idea of getting "that skinny."
Essentially, you do you. If you want to attain a lower body weight, it is possible. If you need to attain a lower body weight due to health issues, you'd better do it.
Forget about the naysayers. This is your journey. They, on the other hand, can end up in a dialysis chair 20 years from now or have a massive stroke because they paid too much attention to keeping their fluffy curves and round booties. It is all about you.

My kidney doctor told me that black people have more muscle mass than whites. You are so right about you do you. I have had the same experience with naysayers. Be true to yourself and aim for healthy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I want to add that skinny is not the only form of beauty!!!! Beauty comes in ALL SHAPES AND SIZES. beauty comes from self love and worth and respect. Respect your body. If you feel like it’s where it feels healthy and good, than wonderful!! Of course not all people are meant to look like what we see on the media.

You look beautiful to me. The important thing is that you are taking good care of yourself both inside and out.