Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being too sensitive or not?

You are gorgeous! And trust ME, I've seen rookie who look deathly from wls or natural wl & you look FIT & healthy! Naysayers lol

Thank you! I just wanted a better life for myself and knew I couldn't do it alone. I'll just give it to God. He knows what to do with it, and maybe I need a thicker skin!

18 minutes ago, naima said:

Thank you! I just wanted a better life for myself and knew I couldn't do it alone. I'll just give it to God. He knows what to do with it, and maybe I need a thicker skin!

Yes! Wls isn't a cure but a tool SOME need! I have a family history of diabetes, heart disease, hypertension & etc. I just wanted a chance to live a healthier life. I couldn't have done it without this tool.

LOL your face isn't thin at all. People are nuts. Tell them to pound sand

What they probably can't get over is the change in your shape. I had a round face before, Now my face is really square. I had to change my hair styles, earrings and glasses to work with my new face shape. Most people are not aware or eloquent enough to be able to verbalize what they are easing, so they say the easiest and sometimes the most hurtful things.

You look great and really youthful. You look like you are at your perfect weight like you were never obese. Enjoy life, it looks like you are.

Its jealousy,, your beautiful before and after

Sent from my LG-H850 using BariatricPal mobile app

You look beautiful in both pictures and your face absolutely does not look hollow or too thin or whatever else may try to tell you. You also make a good point where after weight loss people think it's ok to make comments about your body, but somehow it's unacceptable to give it right back to them.

Some people just want to poop on your parade. One of my coworkers had weight loss surgery. Prior to going under, she was very open to people and didn't mind word getting around that she was doing it. By the time she was taking her medical leave, everyone knew why. She had some complications and needed extra time off, but came back to work 6 weeks later and had already lost a significant amount of weight. Again... everyone knew why. But people STILL came up to her concern trolling her with questions about if she had cancer. She played it cool, but I would have gone to HR.

Of course, some of it can be people just are not used to seeing you this way, but I feel like under no circumstances is it ok to make negative comments when you are working towards a healthier life.

Congrats on your success :)

You look great. I think there are people out there that should just learn to be quiet. There is always some snot that just can't resist. Just say to yourself 'wow that statement says more about you than it does about me'.

Aw...I think you look perfectly healthy. Don't give these naysayers too much power over you. Hear their words through a filter. Your filter can change. Are they jealous, insecure, concerned, stupid... soon their words will bring feelings of pity instead of hurt. And as one poster said...they can pound sand!

You should be proud of your hard work.

You look great girlfriend! I haven't experienced it, but it just might be something that you wipe off your shoulder. Everyone wants to put their two cents in.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!

you look absolutely stunning! Your face is just gorgeous, I have no idea what those folks are telling you. Not true at all!

Great job on your loss!

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Know that anything they say can not change how you feel about yourself and you should feel stunning, confident, and accomplished!!! Keep up the great work :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

You look marvelous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6125.JPG

You are absolutely beautiful!! And def not sickly or sunken in looking!

You look great in both pictures. You've done an amazing job and don't look gaunt at all. It's probably taking people a while to get used to the new you. Shrug it off and keep throwing your arms up in triumph!