Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the heck is wrong with me???

Carbs are sliders. There is practically no restriction with those. You've just discovered why many people don't have success with this.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'm sorry to say it may get worse from here.

I hope I can help- maybe not now but down the line.

The reason you ate those things is because a person and a body can only white knuckle dieting for so long. Our bodies don't like being under fed. Your body took advantage of the situation to get some much needed fuel. You've lost so much so fast- you are in starvation state. That's what your bodies knows. Your body doesn't know you are under feeding it on purpose.

I know you will go back to your post beach day diet. That's fine. But if you continue to have this issue I hope you will pm me. I can hopefully help you.

I live by the rule of following my protocol to a T most days and every now and then I just allow myself to eat something decadent. Of course, I'm not "lucky" enough to not have dumping syndrome. Lol! I'm not sure if it's because of my gall bladder being removed or the VGS but I can get very ill post eating even from something innocuous like low carb chili if I have more than 5 oz. lol! But every now and then I have chips or some ice cream and I don't punish myself. I'm working hard so I CAN have those things every now and then.

On 6. Mai 2017 at 7:27 PM, Mandybb said:

I'm so disappointed in myself! For 3.5 months I've eaten so well, counted every carb and stuck to my diet with little to no problem.

Just like you were able to stick to a strict diet before WLS?

It's quite common for people on a diet to "fall off the wagon". In fact that's what usually happening with a very few exceptions.

What might hopefully be helping is working out a plan that actually works long term for you (regardless of what other people might be thinking what should be right for you).

Edited by summerset

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches