Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get it Started, July 2017 Sleevers!

Fourth day post op and VERY grateful for popsicles. [emoji3] Having a hard time with Protein Drinks. Like swallowing a egg that just sits in my tummy. So focusing today on Bone Broth, Water, and popsicles. Pain is minimal. Bruising spectacular from blood thinning shots!

I have been making crystal lite popsicles with flavor free Protein Powder in them. It has been easy on my stomach because it goes in very slowly. That may work for you too.

Pre op 7-17, surgery 7-21. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I am doing Protein Shake, popsicles, Water and broth. Tummy still sore.

Hopefully will cross a bridge tomorrow. Actually, it is not hard to get things

down into my stomach. I had a lap band conversion, so I was use to being so tight and uncomfortable.

9 days post-op and I see my Dr tomorrow. I can't wait for the "official" weight loss but experienced THE best feeling a little while ago. My daughter, who is a nursing major, was looking at the incisions and commented that she could tell I've lost. Then she hugged me and started crying. I thought it was because the mom she knew was changing... instead it was because she could get her arms completely around me ... with overlap. I know you'll all understand that proud moment. So glad I did this!!

Day 6 of Post Op!! My mom left on Saturday night but luckily now I can get out of bed by myself and sit on the toilet with no help! Yesterday was a hard day getting in my liquids (33oz total)
I think Sasha (my sleeve) is not a fan of milk products Bc eating yogurt, cottage cheese, milk muscle or Premier Protein is really hard and it causes a lot of
Burping. Today I've been focusing on zipping some Water every 15mins! As for pain...still present but not debilitating.

I hope all the post-ops are feeling better today! And preops good luck!

I don't get to eat any of that yet. I am still on liquids. YIKES. Can't wait to get on some food.

Had my surgery on Monday. Doing Well, but some pain. Because I was a conversion, more had to be done. I am glad the lap band is gone. I am having a little left shoulder pain, I kind of feel like I have been ran over by a truck, but,
really not that bad.

Did you have to wait after having your band removed to get the sleeve.. Cause that is where in am at now.

No, the Surgeon did the sleeve and removal of the lapland the same day. He said if her got in there and there was too much scar tissue, I would have to wait. However, he said 95% of the time he does it at the same time. I was concerned, because I noticed a lot of people had to have 2 surgeries. He is very highly rated and had done Baiatric Surgeries etc. for 20 years. He said the best thing I would do would be to get rid of the band. It feels good to be gone.

IImage1500483237.950025.jpg
Hi!! A week ago I was driving to get my surgery!
Today I blended some avocado with Bone Broth and yogurt. It's so delicious! But I was only able to get 1 tablespoon in [emoji33] still learning Sasha's restrictions

IImage1500483237.950025.jpg.0357841da287015fef9c44d56535d466.jpg
Hi!! A week ago I was driving to get my surgery!
Today I blended some avocado with Bone Broth and yogurt. It's so delicious! But I was only able to get 1 tablespoon in [emoji33] still learning Sasha's restrictions

Ps. I have created an insta account : Sasha.thesleeve

Day 10 and finally feeling healthy again. And noticing the changes in my body. While my belly is VERY colorful with bruises, it doesn't hurt and it is not swollen.

I'm scheduled for 7/20. Have my cardiac eval and egd scheduled for this week! Time is flying by. My surgeon isn't requiring a preop diet, just nothing after midnight the night before, AND I'm an outpatient surgery. Looking for anyone with same sort of scenario.

Good luck today!

I think there comes a time in our minds where we finally say that it. I have always loved food and I am not going to lie the 2 week pre ok diet was hard but so far since I have been home from surgery my brain is staying on track,my family is eating normally and I don't even want that food.

Sent from my VK810 4G using BariatricPal mobile app