Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 pounds down in less than 5 months? Holy cow!

Got some great news from the scale this morning, I'm officially down 100.4 pounds from my starting weight of 314.6 on 12/7/16. That was the date I started my pre-surgery diet, and my surgery date was 12/21/16. I never dreamed it would work out so well. So close to my ultimate goal, but this was an unofficial goal for two reasons. First, 100 pounds just sounds nice :) Second, when I did Weight Watchers about 10 years ago, the lowest I ever got was 214, so I wanted to get there again. Before that, I can't even remember the last time I was so low, maybe 25 years ago. Anyway, just wanted to share!

Got some great news from the scale this morning, I'm officially down 100.4 pounds from my starting weight of 314.6 on 12/7/16. That was the date I started my pre-surgery diet, and my surgery date was 12/21/16. I never dreamed it would work out so well. So close to my ultimate goal, but this was an unofficial goal for two reasons. First, 100 pounds just sounds nice [emoji4] Second, when I did Weight Watchers about 10 years ago, the lowest I ever got was 214, so I wanted to get there again. Before that, I can't even remember the last time I was so low, maybe 25 years ago. Anyway, just wanted to share!

Congratulations [emoji898][emoji324]

Great job hon!!! 💯

9 hours ago, Tufflaw said:

Got some great news from the scale this morning, I'm officially down 100.4 pounds from my starting weight of 314.6 on 12/7/16. That was the date I started my pre-surgery diet, and my surgery date was 12/21/16. I never dreamed it would work out so well. So close to my ultimate goal, but this was an unofficial goal for two reasons. First, 100 pounds just sounds nice :) Second, when I did Weight Watchers about 10 years ago, the lowest I ever got was 214, so I wanted to get there again. Before that, I can't even remember the last time I was so low, maybe 25 years ago. Anyway, just wanted to share!

Fantastic! Great job.

You're about 20 days after my surgery date and about 20 pounds ahead of me in total. Wow!!! and I thought I was doing well! Awesome!

I'd like to know what you are doing differently than me. Not that everybody's body Is the same, but I'm hoping that I'm not doing something wrong!

What have you been doing for diet and working out?

also, did you have any stalls?

Edited by BostonGary

Great job!! Congrats.

This op really seems to work. I'm just 10 days post op and on the liquid diet still but I've lost 20lbs already from the morning of the op! I'm sure this will slow somewhat as I get onto purée then doled good again but it's sure as heck a good start!

13 hours ago, BostonGary said:

Fantastic! Great job.

You're about 20 days after my surgery date and about 20 pounds ahead of me in total. Wow!!! and I thought I was doing well! Awesome!

I'd like to know what you are doing differently than me. Not that everybody's body Is the same, but I'm hoping that I'm not doing something wrong!

What have you been doing for diet and working out?

also, did you have any stalls?

11 hours ago, JenSev said:

Please share what you've been doing for diet and exercise. You've done so well! :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! I haven't updated it in a little while but I posted fairly regular updates at my post here:

But in a nutshell - I've been eating a pretty similar diet ever since I got off pureed foods. Every single morning since the day after my surgery I have scrambled eggs. For the last few months it's two eggs with one ounce of shredded cheese.

I usually get 32 oz of Water in before lunch, I drink most of it during my drive to work.

I eliminated certain things from my diet, including soda (and really all drinks except water); most processed sugars, rice, potatoes, bread, Pasta.

Lunch might be some sort of leftovers from home, or a tuna or chicken salad. I can stomach about 5-6 oz of food per meal. For a few days the other week I decided to add some cold cuts to my diet so I got some nice sliced ham, turkey and cheese and made little rollups for a couple of days and dipped them in mustard. I did 2 oz of each and it was great. This week I'm eating barbecued ribs I made in an electric pressure cooker, I made enough for 4 or 5 days and just bring one in and microwave it.

dinner might be similar to lunch, although I do try to be more "dinner like". I might have a sausage or two, I love the bacon and cheddar sausages from BJ's. I will either have two and that's my whole dinner (and really fills me up), or just one plus some roasted brussels sprouts. Tonight my daughters wanted to eat out so we went to Wendy's and I had a small chili. I sometimes make zoodles (zucchini noodles) and have that with chicken and some pesto, it's great.

I have totally eliminated Snacks from my diet. Some folks at work have little bowls on their desk with candy and chocolate, etc, I used to graze on it constantly. Now I never touch it, not even one hershey's kiss (and they do look good!)

If I'm hungry between meals I'll have a greek yogurt (I love the Dannon's light and fit boston cream pie flavor), and recently I started having 1 oz of almonds every so often. For dessert I almost always have a Jello sugar-free chocolate pudding and a few pops, either sugar free ice pops or sugar free fudge pops.

My daily caloric intake is usually about 1100, sometimes a little more. The most important macro, for me, to keep low is my carbs. I don't really care as much about the calories or fat.

Exercise - right now I'm in the middle of something at work which consumes my entire day, but ordinarily I go to a planet fitness near my office 2-3 times a week at lunch time to do the circuit training, and a few times a week I go to the planet fitness near my house at night and do the bike for an hour.

I've been extremely lucky - no stalls. I weigh myself daily in the morning and have noticed, every so often, that I stay the same for a couple of days in a row, or even go up a fraction for maybe a day or two, but always start heading back down.

Twice I've been bad. On my birthday I ate some ice cream cake and on my niece's birthday I had cake. I regretted it both times, felt really yucky and sluggish. Although if I recall correctly I lost weight the next day both times. Maybe the sugar shocked my body into boosting my metabolism (but I wouldn't recommend it).

Good luck!

I try to stay in the 50 or so carbs per day range.